PDA

View Full Version : Did Submissions get lost in hyperspace?

Ash
9 April 2002, 04:23 AM
I know I may create some buzz with this but I was wondering what happened with the Submissions area of the Network. This is a great site through and through but the Submissions area has fallen to the wayside. Does anyone know what is going to be done to it? Or perhaps we should also ask what needs to be done to it?

Personally, I'd like to see the rule concerning submissions being both d6 and d20 format removed. This may anger some of the d6's out there (yes I've read your all your posts about lack of material) but d20 is what brought me to the universe and what I am comfortable working with. I have developed lots of submissions that I'd love to see on the site but don't bother posting them because I don't know the proper way to convert them to d6 and can not find anyone willing to help me. Perhaps the site could allow d6 or d20 only submissions and if an enterprising person converts them to the alternative system publish them on the same page. Would make sense for both the content rich d6 and the still young d20 systems. And wouldn't that be better for the community as a whole?

Thank you for reading this. I am not trying to be too critical of the Network or Rigil Kent (we've all had computer problems and moving's a pain) but I was really hoping this new addition to the site would takeoff.

Chris Curtis
9 April 2002, 06:15 AM
Ash, I understand where you're coming from regarding the "both d20 and D6" requirement for submissions. If you don't plan to use D6 stats yourself, I can see why you wouldn't want to learn how to create them.

However, I applaud SWRPGNetwork's committment to continue supporting both systems equally. It's no secret that I favor D6. However, when d20 came out, I went and bought the book and learned enough about the system to allow me to convert the material on my page to d20. I did this for all the d20 gamers out there -- I certainly didn't do it for my own use since I'll never use it.

Similarly, even if you don't want to learn D6 yourself (nothing wrong with that), it's certainly a good thing for the community for everyone to keep supporting both systems.

You say that you "can not find anyone willing to help" you convert your material. Have you tried posting a request in the D6 forum? Other people have done so in the past and almost always get some help from people (myself or others). We're actually a friendly lot if you get to know us! ;)

Moridin
9 April 2002, 06:36 AM
The Holonet is a great community full of people who play both systems. We always have made it a point to hold any Submissions to the same standards of quality we hold ourselves to -- one of the reasons that people repeatedly visit our site, or so we've heard, is the quality of work we put out. We are dedicated to both D6 and d20 gamers, and there are enough friendly people on these boards to help you that I doubt that requirement will be going away any time soon.

Reverend Strone
9 April 2002, 12:07 PM
Ash, I too am a d20er who was keen to send submissions and was initially perturbed by the "d6 too" rule. But then I did as suggested above, and put out a call to interested d6ers.

I had more responses than I could cope with. The help was polite, friendly and prompt. I'm sure there are folks out there eager to help you out if you look for them.

Rigil Kent
10 April 2002, 09:46 PM
As the Webmaster of Submissions, I have to jump in real quick to agree wholeheartedly with Moridin and Chris - they said it better than I did.

I further have to apologize for my absence; this is the third or fourth apology thus far. Minor computer problems turned into moderate ones turned into major ones. Hopefully, that's completely solved now.

As to the miscellaneous problems associated with converting from one system to another, the guys on the HoloNet are amazingly good. As someone who bridges the gap between the two systems, I can help too but unfortunately am usually behind in the Submissions stuff or various real-life things (my active SW game, work, college).

Listen to revstrone, my friend. Post a request in the d6 boards and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

And again (hopefully for the final time), sorry for my absence. If you hear a loud thunk and I'm gone for an extended span of time, I've taken my computer to the roof and thrown it off. :D

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
15 April 2002, 06:47 PM
Should I resend the submissions that were posted on the site but have now disappeared?

Namely the Aramandi and Araquia

Rigil Kent
15 April 2002, 08:05 PM
I've still got the Aramandi, but the other one has disappeared into the great Abyss. Resend it, please.

I should be able to update the Submissions side this week (Thursday at the latest.)