PDA

View Full Version : conversion help

leighangelj
10 April 2002, 04:57 AM
IŽd be interested in helping to get conversions out for both systems. One problem: I donŽt understand in the conversion rules in the back of the new CRB. If someone could email me some simple, easy to follow directions for conversions from D20 to D6 and D6 to D20 IŽd be happy to contribute. Keep in mind that I am ver familiar with the WEG system and little or n knowledge of the mechanics of the D20 system.

Chris Curtis
10 April 2002, 06:32 AM
Well, if you want to use the CR conversion guidelines to convert characters, don't. Virtually everyone around here has come to the same conclusion that it's much better to simply "recreate" a D6 character in d20 from the ground up.

The conversion guidelines can still be useful with this some, though. Particularly the attribute conversions can still be done straight across. Also, the chart of "equivalent" skills/feats can be very useful when creating the new character to help recapture what was special about them in D6.

Starships, vehicles, and equipment are much easier to convert. The guidelines in the CR are pretty good for this. Most things convert fairly easily between D6 and d20.

If converting to d20, I suggest using Nazgul's excellent d20 programs. You can find info in the last forum at the bottom of the page, "Okina-rdae Technologies".

If you have any specific questions, go ahead and post them and someone ought to be able to answer it.

leighangelj
11 April 2002, 03:15 AM
thanks for the info. it may be a while because i have to wait until i get back home next week and have access to my gaming stuff but will get on it as soon as i can

leighangelj
21 April 2002, 05:56 PM
Okay, now that i'm back home........ I've got the D20 stuff from Okina-rdae Technologies and the article for alternative D6 to D20 conversions. However, I'm still ahving big problems trying to convert from D20 to D6. If someone could give me some easy to follow directions with Source and page numbers to look up info.it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and hope someone can help soon. Going crazy with all the Wotc stuff i have that i want to convert