PDA

View Full Version : What would the 2nd Death Star look like if fully assembled?

Jeremosh
15 April 2002, 07:00 PM
Well, I know what it would look like, but does anyone know of any pictures of a fully assembled Death Star 2?

Mathis Kharr
15 April 2002, 07:06 PM
Like the first only slightly larger i think..

PapaSith1
15 April 2002, 07:14 PM
a really REALLY big sphere

Jeremosh
15 April 2002, 08:02 PM
I guess you didn't read what I typed!

Bjorn
15 April 2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Jeremosh
Well, I know what it would look like, but does anyone know of any pictures of a fully assembled Death Star 2?

From what I've read, there's not really any different between the first and the second Death Star

According to one of my WEG books (Trilogy Sourcebook), the first Death Star was 120 Km in Diameter & the second Death Star was 160 Km in Diameter.

The other differences between the two Death Stars were the large number of anti-starfighter weapons, the redisgn of the thermal-vent system (which the Rebels used to destroy the first Death Star) & modifying the super-laser (fire control & rate of fire). And another difference was the large increase of crew & passengers. The first Death Star had a little over a million & the second Death Star had closer to 2.5 million.

This info is from the old WEG Trilogy Sourcebook. I'm sure there might be different numbers in one of the Essential Guide. Mayby someone else could let you know what they have to say about the differences between the two Death Stars.

Bjorn

dgswensen
15 April 2002, 10:38 PM
I thought the whole point behind the second Death Star (from a movie-making standpoint) was to make it look more threatening than the first -- thus the unfinished, skeletal look. That being the case, I don't know if there would be any "official" pictures of the completed Death Star floating around -- what would be the point?

I have to agree with what others have said; there's no reason to believe it would look any different completed. Take away the unfinished superstructure, and you have a perfect sphere with an indentation in it -- just like the first.

Jeremosh
16 April 2002, 01:24 AM
Hmmm, well, nevermind... I was under the mistaken impression that it had a different color and texture, besides the missing pieces.. nevermind.

FlipDog 2000
16 April 2002, 07:12 AM
Yeah, they planned on making it bright pink with big neon lights that flashed **GIRLS**GIRLS**GIRLS** and Vader would strut around in a hat with a feather and be the pimp to end all pimps....Yeesh...:rolleyes:

However, painting it Black would be kinda cool...no?

jedifilmmaker
16 April 2002, 07:53 AM
It would probably look the same as the first dstar, wouldn' it look slighlt different because the empire would most likely get rid of some things that made it vurnerable, i.e. the trench w/ exhaust port, I think that that would give it a different texture.

Jeremosh
16 April 2002, 04:31 PM
Actually, I rather like those two ideas, FlipDog.

Jett Darkstar
20 April 2002, 07:48 PM
Except for the forementioned fixes (the unshielded thermal exhaust port problem solved, additional antistarfighter defenses added, more powerful and versatile superlaser, etc.) Death Star II would've probably looked identical to Death Star I, just about 33% bigger.

AWingJock
2 May 2002, 05:29 PM
Death Star question... Since we are all going at it here he he :D. Why didn't they just fly straight at the vent? I mean, why go down the trench? Wouldnt the angle be better from above? and how did the torps make the turn? Just something I have always wondered... Wondered if there was any explanation for it?

FlipDog 2000
3 May 2002, 06:27 AM
That is a good question, but remember...do not question the ways of the script young padawan. But I think it had something to do with the sheilds guarding the port from other attacks. I always wondered why they didn't make it more versetile. Something like the Executor twice as big with a gi-hugic (combo of gigantic and huge) superlaser on the front? I actually have pics of this that I thought up.

AWingJock
3 May 2002, 10:01 AM
I like that gi-hugic thing. Thanks though, just a though :)