PDA

View Full Version : Is Borsk Fey'la EVIL?

Rouge8
16 April 2002, 05:50 PM
I got a question for ya. Whothinks Fel'la is EVIL? Who thinks hes good? Now vote your choice.

Lokar
16 April 2002, 06:24 PM
No, while I didn't care for him I see more as the self intrested politican rather than evil. Almost all his actions are directed toward enchancing his own postion of power and maintaining it. In the end, though, he did manage to gain a measure of redemption in my book.

BrianDavion
16 April 2002, 06:46 PM
I'd be wuilling to say in D20 he'd have eneugh DSP to qualify as evil yes.

madpoet
16 April 2002, 07:11 PM
EVIL?

No.

Self serving? Manipulative?

A resounding YES.

The SW Universe tends to paint good and evil with a very broad brush. Think in terms of black and white with little to no shades of gray in between. Borsk Fey'la doesn't even begin to rank on the "Evil-o-meter" when you look at characters such as the Emperor or even Xixor. He's a politician, a Bothan politician, no less. Everything he did was to preserve himself and his position, not to terrorize and harm innocents. You may not like him, but is he really any different from our own politicians?

Reverend Strone
17 April 2002, 12:04 AM
I can only base my opinion from the material presented in the Zahn novels (haven't been able to get through any of the others I've picked up), but from them, I'd have to concur with other folks here and say, he's self-serving and manipulative, but I don't reckon he's evil.

I enjoyed the fact that Zahn painted him as a character who is out for his career and for his people. Screw everyone else. They can look after themselves. I don't think that necessarily makes him evil per se, but it does place him at odds with those who's principles are more widely applied- ala our heroes. Borrsk's just out to look after his peoples' interests, as a politician should be.

It's possible he may have been painted differently in some of the novels by other writers, and if that's so, I think they did him a disservice, because I'm sure Zahn never intended him to become a 2D evil character.

Rouge8
17 April 2002, 10:55 AM
O-K. I guess I'm gonna tell ya my opinion. NO WAY! SPOILERS: (higlight to read)He sacrificed himself to help the galaxy.

Mathis Kharr
18 April 2002, 03:00 AM
He was not evil he was opertunistic and self serving, and in the end I think he proved that by sacing himself insted of fleeing like the other cowardly senators

Tonda
19 April 2002, 09:48 AM
Borsk is not Evil, he's just a regular Politician. Stupid and looking out for his own interests.

And in the end he did do something worthwhile.

Rouge8
19 April 2002, 04:42 PM
Oh yes, that to.