PDA

View Full Version : Comments on Amanin (Submissions)

TC-3
16 April 2002, 11:01 PM
This thread is for comments on the entry entitled "<a href="http://submissions.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?s=&id=1426" target="_blank" title="This link will open in a new window.">Amanin</a>" located on Submissions. Please post your comment on this entry below using the "Post Thread" button; you may also post a comment via a link from the entry itself.

Reverend Strone
16 April 2002, 11:01 PM
Nice work on this alien Frobi.

This was one I was about to have a crack at myself until I saw your entry here. I think you've handled it very much as I would have- your rolling rules are actually a good deal more logical and friendly than what I was developing. Your ability stats look great, as does the application of the Primitive penalty.

I had just a couple of thoughts I wanted to throw into the mix. If there are any here you like, feel free to incorporate them, but otherwise, what you have is already a good set of stats that represents the Amanin well IMO.

I had toyed with making the Amanin a large species for a couple of reasons- firstly their height, but also because of their oversized hands, which suggest an ability to use larger weapons and equipment than creatures of comparable (or slightly smaller) size. Perhaps a penalty would likewise apply for using very small equipment? When rolled up, Amanin could be considered medium sized for the purposes of being a potential target.

I thought of also giving them the special ability of a two meter Reach, given the length of their arms.

Lastly, looking at those pathetic little legs of there's perhaps a slower base speed?

Just some thoughts. As I said, I think you've done a good job. I just wanted to share some alternative thoughts in case any had merit.

proxima centauri
7 July 2002, 06:05 PM
I agree with the 2 squares reach, that fits the species. As for larger weapons, sure, but don't forget the strength requirements.

As for the artwork, it is GREAT! Compared even to Amanaman in the movies, he looks like a slug "a la" Jabba hehe This one is actually looking like it can hold itself together! :)

I've incorporated one of these guys in my campaing, they come in "handy".

Great work guys!

Reverend Strone
7 July 2002, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the compliment.

I've always loved these guys ever since my mother bought me the action figure back in the early eighties.

The wierded the better I say. Little wonder I have a crush on Sy Snootles.

Did I just say that out loud? Oops.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
8 July 2002, 09:54 AM
I looked into it and I think that I am going to move them up to a Large size species. But the 8 meter move is what WEG gave them so there isn't a whole lot I can do about that unless I stop calling this a conversion right? I would have given them a 6 meter move had I been creating these myself.

Thanks for the help and suggestions, I plan on beginning work again on the Alien Conversions as soon as I complete my latest project.