PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal?!?

Random Axe
19 April 2002, 06:36 AM
If there's one thing that surely GETS MY GOAT it's a Star Wars RPG site that never updates or fixes its problems.

So what's the deal with the starwars-rpg.net site? Their Gaming Journal section was a great resource for my group, and there has been no progress in fixing the new site in TWO MONTHS.

GET YOUR SHYTE TOGETHER!

Chris Curtis
19 April 2002, 12:56 PM
For some more discussion about this, go check out the most recent thread in the "Comments (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=12)" forum of the StarWars-RPG.Net section (it's 3 forums down from this one...).

You aren't the only one starting to wonder what's going on. I do know that all three webmasters have been busy lately (particularly Tim "Nealos" Salam since he's recently started a new company). I spoke with Ryan "Darkweji" Matheny and he agreed that something needs to get kick-started.

Hopefully soon...

Master Dao Rin
19 April 2002, 05:32 PM
I love being able to get on the site without any server busy messages, however. Finally ....

Reverend Strone
19 April 2002, 05:43 PM
I've got to echo the Master here. To say the SWRPG Network don't fix their problems is unfair. They just spent the weekend fixing the Server problems, and that's a major in my book.

You may be right on other fronts. Over all I reckon they're doing a great job though. These guys do this for fun and we all profit from their hard work and effort, so I cut them a lot of slack .

Chris Curtis
19 April 2002, 06:19 PM
Sorry, Master and revstrone, but you're not talking about the same site.

Random Axe and I are referring to StarWars-RPG.Net (http://starwars-rpg.net/), not SWRPGNetwork. They're two completely different sites.

Reverend Strone
20 April 2002, 02:38 PM
My sincerest apologies. I retract my comments and return to my dark little corner. Sorry guys.

Isn't there a saying that goes something like-Better the keep one's mouth closed and risk being thought a fool than open it and prove it beyond doubt ?

Master Dao Rin
21 April 2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by revstrone
Isn't there a saying that goes something like-Better the keep one's mouth closed and risk being thought a fool than open it and prove it beyond doubt ?

Nah - if you never did you could never utter such great one-liners! :D

Wisdom is for the fool, not for the wise. ;)

Chris Curtis
28 April 2002, 06:56 PM
FYI: there's currently a fantastic (and incredibly active!) discussion now going on over in that other forum. In case you haven't seen it yet, I highly encourage you to head over there, read it (all of it -- it's worth it), and post your own thoughts.

Even if you weren't around in the hey-day of StarWars-RPG.Net, this is really a discussion about the entire SWRPG community and how we can all make it better. So go and put in your two credits (or preferably more). Make your voice and your opinion heard!!

Here's the thread link:
http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6706