PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the GM Discussion Forum!

Grimace
20 April 2002, 10:46 AM
Welcome all, to the new area where GMs can feel free to ask questions of others and to offer ideas for fellow GMs.

This will be a NON SYSTEM SPECIFIC forum, so if you're going to ask how to run the mechanics of a particular system, please go to the forum for that system to post your question. This forum is more for the following:

-New GMs wanting advice from seasoned veterans on how to handle common problems or how to prepare for adventures.

-Experienced GMs wanting ideas from fellow GMs on how to handle particular aspects of a game, or for ideas on how to make their games better.

-Anyone wanting to offer or ask for ADVENTURE IDEAS! Again, please keep these non-specific for D20 or D6. Generally, these "should" be Star Wars ideas, but if people have questions or an idea for an adventure with another game system (and can kind of keep it generic enough for Star Wars GMs to use), feel free to post.

-Anything else that's related to GMing.

Basically, we want to make this a good resource for GMs out there, both old and new. New GMs can learn from veterans, and everyone can offer up ideas or tips.

You all may notice that I've got a couple of threads "stuck" to the top of the page. I did this mainly to have some threads where beginning GMs can look for helpful hints. As other threads come up that warrant this, I may stick those at the top of the forum (and unstick the current threads there).

So for all of you that have wanted an Adventure ideas forum, or for those that have always wanted assistance from more experienced GMs, this is the place to be!

Dragonmastermik
17 August 2002, 06:25 PM
I am a new gamemaster (since I had a lot of friends who like Star Wars) I decided to buy the Invasion of Naboo on my birthday so I could play it with my friends but the only problem I have is what other stuff should I buy ex: Gamemaster Screen, etc.

Jedi_Staailis
17 August 2002, 07:36 PM
Well, first of all, you shouldn't really clutter up the sticky thread with another topic of discussion. You can create a new thread for a new topic.

It's a little late for that, so I'll try to answer your question. If you haven't run the Invasion of Theed set yet, you can use it as a standalone product. Once you've done that, go find a copy of the Revised Core Rulebook. That's all you'll need to play. If you're interested in other products, you can look on the reviews (http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/sort.php?action=subcat&sortid=57) section of this site.

Welcome to the boards!

Moridin
8 April 2006, 07:30 AM
Save,