PDA

View Full Version : Need Of Homebrew Settings?

Magik
23 April 2002, 04:18 PM
I ask this because I am preparing to put my " Tales of the Black Razor " campaign setting on my site.
It is a Generational Campaign spanning from Tales of the Jedi to New Jedi Order, An has been ongoing in one form or another for four years. Before I make this effort though, I am testing the waters here to get the feel of the need for this.
Any suggestions will be helpful. thanks in advance

:)

QWERTY
24 April 2002, 05:51 AM
Go for it i intend to post my naboo campaighn (NJO) setting just its a bit big for the downloads hereAt about 50 pages with

can we get more space if we ask an adminstraitor

Ghost In The Holocron
24 April 2002, 07:10 AM
from Magik:

I am preparing to put my " Tales of the Black Razor " campaign setting on my site.

from QWERTY:

i intend to post my naboo campaighn (NJO) setting

I've been hearing here and there that home-grown adventure modules would indeed be welcome to the greater community. Speaking for myself, it's always interesting to see someone else's campaign get posted on the 'net somewhere. Not just raw usuable stats, but also lots of inspiration and new ideas to be had from those. For me, one of the biggest attractions is seeing how other gaming groups handle their own campaigns -- what kind of stories they tell, what kind of characters they make, etc. As far as I know, my group's the only one running a full-blown SWRPG campaign within my area and 500 clicks in all directions. It's always both inspiring and instructive to see how other people handle things.

can we get more space if we ask an adminstraitor

I'm not sure if they're ready for that, though. I for one know the SWRPGNetwork head honchos are already juggling a jillion other things while keeping the site at top quality. I'm in fact amazed at how great they run the place despite the fact that this is basically a hobby for everyone -- it's not a steady paying job.

However, there are also quite a good number of alternative "free hosting" solutions out there on the 'net. Try a search at www.FreeWebspace.net -- it should yield some useful results.

Good luck both! All the best for your campaigns and sites both of you. Drop us all a note over at the Trader's InfoNet when they're up.

Have fun!