PDA

View Full Version : Ranks?

Rouge8
23 April 2002, 06:13 PM
OK this is odd. How are ranks determined? there is one person (Imperial) who has 38 posts and an average of 0.08 posts per day and is Lieutenant Commander, While I am Imperial 97 post, an average of 1.23 posts per day and I am LT. Something wrong here? I'm not jealuos, just pointing out a fact (an irritating One).

Jedi_Staailis
23 April 2002, 06:28 PM
Rating clearly has something to do with it. I've found users that have had a higher rank than mine with fewer total posts or posts per day.

As to the question of how ranks are determined, that's one of the big secrets of the Holonet, and the webmasters aren't telling. In my mind, that's a good choice. There's less incentive to try to be "munchkins" so to speak and use the letter of the law to improve our "characters."

darth maim
23 April 2002, 10:59 PM
It may add your registered date to the equation but anything anyone tells you is pure speculation as it is probably THE most closely guarded secret Armage has on this board...

Armage Bedar
24 April 2002, 10:36 AM
Yes, <b>darth maim</b>, you're quite right about that ;-) Members of the HoloNet have a long and glorious history of guessing not only which ranks come next but how they're calculated.

You should have been here during the Jabba's Palace days (when the HoloNet was ::gasps:: orange!) -- members attaining the highest rank received a special award. I believe Lokar and perhaps Kayle might be able to tell you about that...

Cmdr.Satori
24 April 2002, 12:48 PM
Heh heh...that takes me back. :)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
24 April 2002, 01:41 PM
Ya know, some things are just left best as unanswered secrets of the sw holonet galaxy ... Elsewise, knowing all the secrets would take all the mystery out of it... now what fun would that be? :p

Oh let it be, let it be!
Oh let it be a mystery!
take these words of wisdom and
let it be!

-well, the tune went something like that :D

Iris
25 April 2002, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by Armage Bedar
members attaining the highest rank received a special award. I believe Lokar and perhaps Kayle might be able to tell you about that...

LOL
Those were the days. :D

I don't think they will EVER live that down!

RabidButterfly
26 April 2002, 09:50 PM
Yep i agree totally

Someguy named Fallon or something to that extent had 1 post but was already a flight officer while i on the otherhand have like 10 i believe (2 something a day) and im still a cadet

just so you dont feel lonely out there

madpoet
27 April 2002, 05:54 AM
To be honest, I never really paid close attention to it. I'm pretty sure that I've been languishing as a Lt for quite some time now, but I don't let it get to me.

I think the thing that bothered me the most when I first signed on to the Holonet was the heinous title of New Player that appeared under my name. By my reckoning, I've been gaming for about 21 years and to be called a New player is a deadly insult among my people. However, I quickly realized that there was nothing I could do about it, so I just enjoyed reading all the posts and occassionaly throwing my opinion into the mix and those days are over. :)

By the way, I was in the military in the late 80's and early 90's, and let me tell you, there a PLENTY of people with a very high rank who really haven't contributed that much to the military. They just put in the time. So don't feel bad, it happens in the real world too.

Fallon
27 April 2002, 05:08 PM
Begin Transmission---

Salutations from Cloud City....

My apologies for the ranking structure, I was forced into this position… I really only wash windows for the Rebel cause, but they pay well… If you would like, I will pass on to my superiors your credentials and possibly find you something on the flight deck… And remember; if you’re ever a parsec from Kessel please drop by the Jackal’s Anvil for your personal shipping needs. Just ask for Cree Monal or Cron Roal.

Truly yours…
Fallon Xanon

End Transmission---

Palcadon
15 May 2002, 05:31 PM
That Trash Compactor that I fell in yesterday.........

Now that was rank.

Sorry just advancing my post count so I can gain rank. I have a family to feed.

Wade Trenor
17 November 2002, 02:31 AM
How are the ranks determined? What I mean is, do you go from a private to private 1st class to corporal?

Is there a link I can use to see the rank prgression?

Chris Curtis
17 November 2002, 03:12 PM
Ranks are different for the various affiliations (Rebel, Imperial, Pirate). I don't believe there is any kind of published list of the ranks, as it's meant to be a bit of a surprise for you when you progress. If you're determined, though, you could go look through all the various members and assemble your own progression.

Matt Richard
18 November 2002, 08:31 PM
HoloNet Orange? That must be WAY before my time. I only recall the holonet being blue; but i never really checked it out before the latest redesign......Orange?...

Moridin
18 November 2002, 11:43 PM
Man, I remember back BEFORE it was orange (really more of a brown). Shows my age, or yours one.