PDA

View Full Version : SoTG - Deck Plan Pics

Dragon Fox 3
24 April 2002, 08:56 PM
Hey guys, I'm unable at the moment to get Starships of The Galaxy book and was wondering if anyone who has it, could send me pictures of the deck plans. Like the four seater cockpit, etc... If that's agaisnt the law, then please, don't worry about it. And yeah, I know this is a cheap way of getting them, but it's better then other ways of getting them, which I would never do in this or any other life time. :) Anyway, thanks in advance.

Strikerkc
25 April 2002, 05:59 AM
come on Fox, you know i got that book, seek close help first, i'll se if i can send you the deck plans.

Ash
25 April 2002, 09:43 AM
It would be great if someone scanned them in, zipped them up and posted them. Then you could use Paintbrush to edit together custom craft and plans. If anyone gets a chance to try this please let me know the results. Thanks!

Dragon Fox 3
25 April 2002, 02:29 PM
Yeah I know you and Iomer both have the book (I envy you guys for being able to get it, instead of that one I got the RESB, which I'm half way thing it was the wrong choice at the time). I know we can use them for gameing only, but I doubt we can copy them, .zip them, and post them, that probably would be copy right infrigment. Though I haven't stuided copy right law (which I probably should, since I'm trying to be a writer). Anyway, thanks Striker, and I'll remember to ask you guys first before coming to the Holonet. B)

Ash
25 April 2002, 05:44 PM
Not sure these would even fall into copyright domain. If it were specific images like a map of a star destroyer or something then I can see how. Since they are just little pics of rooms and such I doubt they would each have a copyright. Now that would be a cool option to add into SGen from Okinadrae. Build custom ship stats and even map the sucker at the same time.
Being that I like the Holonet and do NOT want to advocate any law infringment I am going to shut my yapper now though. B)

Ghost In The Holocron
25 April 2002, 06:22 PM
Since they are just little pics of rooms and such I doubt they would each have a copyright.

I'm not that well-versed in copyright laws and such, but my understanding is that every single minute thing -- be it generic or specific -- is copyrighted by the author the moment it is made and published. Of course, the more generic it is the harder it is to prove it belongs to someone -- but that's beside the point. Someone more educated about these matters can perhaps clarify, but my own thinking on it is that no one has any right to copy and distribute those StoG deckplans unless it's for private in-game use as allowed by WotC and LucasBooks.

Dragon Fox 3
25 April 2002, 06:34 PM
Yeah Ghost, I only want them for in-game use, I have no website (don't know any HTML to save my life). I don't have a job (but am looking), so when ever I can get the money off my parents, I get a book, but this summer is going to be rough, and trust me, I want the book for more then just the deck plans, but I need the deck plans at the moment, and my two friends where I live both are not into SW RPG, I tried gming a game with them and well, lets say their characters were left on a ISD, and if we ever, and I mean ever, go back to it, that's where their characters still are. Anyway, I just thought I'd try and explain the reason I want the deck plans. Like I said up top, if the copy right protects them (which I agree with Ghost, I think it does), then please, don't worry about them, I'll just have to redouble my efforts and hunt down every business out there that is hiring...what joy that always is...hehe. B)

RabidButterfly
25 April 2002, 07:02 PM
I agree deckplans are useful. (pretty to look at too) and having them in a jpg cut&paste format would be interesting but if you have a ship already in mind i imagine it would be kind of difficult to implement those designs, esp for rare and akwardly shaped ships. However if you are a good mechanical artist and have a nice drafting pencil ;) you could easily model a deckplan with the pictures mentioned, It works just as well too, I modeled the interior of an entire YT-2000 using that method. I think it lets you edit your ship to your exact specifications and comfort level.
(my pc has a captains room while the others use friegher bunks :D )
Printing out the top of the ship and using that as a guide and outline helps too

Dragon Fox 3
25 April 2002, 07:12 PM
RabidButterfly: However if you are a good mechanical artist and have a nice drafting pencil you could easily model a deckplan with the pictures mentioned

Sadly to say, I'm a very, very bad artist, and I don't own a drafiting pencil. hehe. Which is why I turn to deck plans already made. I've look at most of the threads that deal with deck plans, and I do enjoy those sites, but they are for ships that are already created, and there fore, not what I'm looking for. So, since the plans from StoG are copyrighted, if anyone else has any idea of where I can find deck plans that don't invole fully put together ships, please, let me know. B)

Bombaatu
25 April 2002, 10:10 PM
A search on Google.com for "Star Wars Deckplan" will result in any number of useful (and not-so-useful) links. You may get lucky and find what you are looking for there...

Frank V. Bonura had an *excellent* deckplan site, but sadly it seems to have gone the way of the Dodo - it's been unreachable for months now.

Ghost In The Holocron
26 April 2002, 12:17 AM
I'll just have to redouble my efforts and hunt down every business out there that is hiring...what joy that always is...hehe.

:)

All the best for your quest Dragon Fox!

Strikerkc
26 April 2002, 05:02 AM
no offence to any one else, but since me and Fox are in a gmae together i'm only planning to send the deck plans i scaned to him, especialy becuase he is also going to buy the book, but it just short on cash at the moment. :D

Ghost In The Holocron
26 April 2002, 06:27 PM
no offence to any one else, but since me and Fox are in a gmae together i'm only planning to send the deck plans i scaned to him, especialy becuase he is also going to buy the book, but it just short on cash at the moment.

Don't worry about it Strikerkc! Like I said, I'm no expert -- but I do believe that falls under in-game use and should be legit! :)

Have fun flying, guys! And remember fly safe! Or make sure you've got bacta on-board! ;)

Dragon Fox 3
26 April 2002, 06:49 PM
I'm not sure you may want to wish me safe flying, hehe, the ships I plan to use the deck plans on, are going to be directing their weapons on Striker and his fellow players ;) hehe. Of course, who's to say they won't be boarding a few ships in the near future. hehe. And yeah Striker, I really do plan to buy the book, but money issues are a big problem right now. And as much as I love Nazgul's CGen, I discovered I like reading the actual material from the books so I can understnad where the material I'm using is coming from. In this case, all those lovely PrC's. Thanks everyone for posting.

Safe and fun gaming to all. B)

FVBonura
1 July 2002, 01:20 PM
Did somebody say that they needed Deckplans?

Why not try my site?

Deckplans.00sf.com

Click on Vessels and choose from an assortment of Manufacturers.

ENJOY.:D