PDA

View Full Version : Spycraft D20?

Dr_Worm
25 April 2002, 07:00 PM
Anyone play Spycraft D20? I love James Bond stories as much as I love Star Wars, so I am drawn to the genre. I plaed VG's James Bond years ago, but it is way out of print. I was looking at this book at my local gamind store, and it looked interesting. If anyone has plaed it I would love to here what they thought of it.

Donovan Morningfire
26 April 2002, 04:18 AM
I haven't played Spycraft D20 myself, but a buddy of mine picked it up and has been almost completely raving about the game. Considering how fussy the guy is when it comes to RPG stuff, I'd say it's a pretty safe investment.

I looked through a copy, and it looks pretty good. But I'll probably never buy it since spy-thriller type games aren't my thing.

dragonseye
27 April 2002, 07:54 AM
Doc,

Absolutely get it... Personally, I think it's probably the best d20 book to be released so far... and there is a ton of information that you transfer over to just about any other d20 game (namely Star Wars...) everything from feats that are more than appropriate for a pilot to Backgrounds to a rewarding system (ie a system set out for rewarding players when theyhave good ideas are do really good roleplaying as well as penalties if the players don't succeed in their missions) that should have been included in every d20 book.

(That, and the Pointman and Wheelman are just cool... :D )

dgswensen
27 April 2002, 10:08 AM
I picked this up today, as a matter of fact. It looks very cool. Well put together, lots of information, lots and lots of gadgets (what every spy game needs!), and looks very adaptable to other systems / genres. I'm going to put together and run a Spycraft game ASAP. I'll try to come back with a status report of how the game held up. :)