PDA

View Full Version : Ranks

Alun
27 April 2002, 07:39 PM
uhm for us (thats me) that can't off hand remember all imperial rank symbols and do not at all understand the rebel dice and pirate targeting symbol, would it be possible to after the rank symbol in the profile, adding a text saying what the rank actually is ???

madpoet
27 April 2002, 08:25 PM
Just leave your mouse pointer on the rank symbol for a moment and the rank will be revealed.

Alun
27 April 2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by madpoet
Just leave your mouse pointer on the rank symbol for a moment and the rank will be revealed.

I have tried that many times, no luck. Is it jsut me, do i have some setting thats wrong ????

darth maim
28 April 2002, 01:59 AM
you should be able to just hover and get the alt tag listing for it... by the way you're a lieutenant

Alun
28 April 2002, 07:36 AM
i don't get the alt tag, but if they added title it would work.

So in the mean time i open the view user window, view source and read the alt tag that way, a little complicated but i guess it works

bentleyml
28 April 2002, 08:02 AM
What Operating System and Web Browser are you using? Just curious.

Alun
28 April 2002, 08:03 AM
IE 5.0 and MacOS 9.2

bentleyml
28 April 2002, 08:11 AM
Hmmm. Do you have problems with it showing the Alt Tag on all websites? Not sure of any issues with either of them. I was hoping something might jump out at me. :)

Alun
28 April 2002, 08:19 AM
Uhm not sure, i have no problems with the title tag, which i use myself, as far as i understood the alt tag should only show up, while loading a img or failing to load one ? (I am not exactly an exprt HTML'er)

dgswensen
28 April 2002, 09:17 AM
Try going into Tools > Internet Options > Advanced, there should be an option there that says "always expand ALT tags for images." If that's not turned on, check the box. See if that works.

That's how it works in IE for Windows, anyway -- there might be some other option for IE / Mac that you'll have to enable.

Alun
28 April 2002, 09:23 AM
Unfortunately i do not seem to have that option in either me IE settings or general Inet settings.

Strange. I guess the Webmaster will just have to change all the code and add the tilte flag for me :)

(Joke, don't kill me :)

darth maim
28 April 2002, 10:12 AM
In windows alt tags show up all the time by hovering...

Unfortuntely when I use the MAC at school they never show up.

Easy solution: get with it and buy a PC

:)

Alun
28 April 2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by darth maim
In windows alt tags show up all the time by hovering...

Unfortuntely when I use the MAC at school they never show up.

Easy solution: get with it and buy a PC

:)

Thats not a nice thing to say.

Do you see me telling you to jump of a bridge:D

dgswensen
28 April 2002, 10:45 AM
Maybe try a different browser? Netscape, or Mozilla, or perhaps Opera?

bentleyml
28 April 2002, 11:46 AM
Could also try upgrading to IE 6, if its available for Macs.