PDA

View Full Version : New Eqiupment and Ships

CrazyNuts
28 April 2002, 11:18 PM
Okay I'm not a complete dough-head but let me ask you all something...

I'm a really imaginative GM and I love to come up with new stuff for my games such as new weapons, items, ships, planets, races, etc... And so far I've probobly invented hundreds of new items, now my question is: In the submissions section do they only take items factored into the RPG that existed for real in the ST Universe (such as movies, books, comics)? Or do they accept any good home-made ideas.

Secondly: If the above question is answered "They accept stuff created by players" then I have a second question.
if it's answered "no they only accept ideas already used in books..."
then don't bother reading on.

Question 2: I've only played D20 rules so I have no clue how to show stats in D6. Is there any conversion charts, or anyone who I could throw stats to and they could give me the equvilant in D6 rules?

Thanks
CrazyNuts

"Me? I'm the Captin that made the Kessell run in less than...oh wait, nevermind got myself confused with someone else..."_Crazynuts

Slayde Dylin
29 April 2002, 12:12 AM
Begin Transmission--

Aloha from the bridge of The Blue Mako:

There is a d6 conversion thread on the forum guide but I think you might be better off sticking with the d20 rules. Everything seems to be headed in that direction anyway. I have recently begun playing the game. As far as submitting your ideas go ahead that is what this is for I think we are imaginative people. If you have any questions the moderator can help Iím sure.

Remember if you are ever on Kessel stop by the Jackalís Anvil and ask for Cree Monal, Cron Roal, or Sel Ect for any and all of your shipping needs.

Slayde Out

End Transmission--

Chris Curtis
29 April 2002, 05:59 AM
Crazy, the guidelines on the Submissions site state pretty clearly what can and cannot be submitted. In your case, the home-brew stuff should be fine for submission.

As for getting D6 stats, I'll suggest the same thing to you that I do to other d20ers: Post a thread over in the D6 forum asking for some assistance with conversion. Be sure to post the d20 stats along with any description, capsule, images, etc that you may have for the item.

Ghost In The Holocron
29 April 2002, 06:20 AM
Chris has pretty much answered all the questions that started this thread.

Just a little something to add: Frobi started a poll sometime back about why Submissions requires both d20 and d6. That thread is here (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?threadid=6457) in case anyone is interested.

Good luck and have fun!