PDA

View Full Version : STATS: NewCapital Ship

Troy Henist
30 April 2002, 07:49 AM
Ok this the first time I've posted some stats, well any stats come to think of it. So tell me what you think.

Corsair Class Assault Destroyer

Capsule

With the large amounts of powerful mid range Capital ships being developed by the Empire, Alliance high command noticed a major weakness in their navy. With the slow and costly production of the Rebel Assault Frigate, and the inability of most of the other Alliance capital ships with the exception of the Mon Cal cruisers to stand up to these ships, it was decided to create a ship that could be used to plug this gap. The result was the Corsair class destroyer. This long unelegent ship was designed to take and dish out large amounts of damage. Its hull was heavily re-enforced and powerful shield generators were added, it was also the first non Mol Cal ship to have backup shield generators. Most of the space was taken up by the power generators and cooling systems for the large amount of weapons that the ship contained. The flipside of all this is that the ship was slow and sluggish, and had a low operational time for a ship its size. Developed and put into construction shortly before the battle of Endor, the first few entered service 6 months after Endor. With the growing number of victories of the Rebel Alliance over the Empire, large numbers of the Imperial Navy began to defect. With the addition of the ships, Rebel High Command decided to stop production of the Corsair class Destroyers 18 months after it started.

Capital Ship: Corsair Class Destroyer

Era: Rebellion Era (After Battle of Endor)
Craft: Rebellion Engineering Corsair Class Assault Destroyer
Type: Assault Destroyer
Scale:Capital
Skill: Capital Ship Piloting: Corsair
Length:350 meters
Crew: 1,215, gunners: 72, skeleton: 627/+10
Passengers: 100 (troops)
Cargo Capacity: 1,000 metric tons
Consumables: 3 months
Cost: Not Available for Sale
Hyperdrive: x2
Backup: x18
Nav Computer: Yes
Maneuverability: 0D
Space: 4
Atmosphere: N/A
Hull: 6D
Shields: 3D (2D Backup)
Sensors:
Passive: 30/1D
Scan: 60/2D
Search: 120/2D+2
Focus: 3/3D

Weapons:
18 Heavy Turbo Lasers
Fire Arc: 6 front, 6 left, 6 right
Crew: 3 (6), 2 (12)
Skill: Capital Ship Gunnery
Fire Control: 3D
Space Range: 3-15/30/75
Atmosphere: 6-30/60/150km
Damage: 7D

20 Double Laser Batteries
Fire Arc: 5 front, 5 left, 5 right, 5 rear
Crew: 2 (10), 1 (10)
Fire Control: 2D
Space Range: 3-10/30/60
Atmosphere: 6-20/60/120km
Damage: 4D

6 Concussion Missile Launchers
Fire Arc: 4 front, 2 rear
Crew: 6
Fire Control: 2D
Space Range: 3-10/30/60
Atmosphere: 6-20/60/120km
Damage: 9D

I was also wondering if some would be able to draw me a pic, as to to be honest I am rubbish at drawing.

Cheers

FallenAngel
30 April 2002, 08:16 AM
Sounds like a good ship... is there any chance you could convert it into d20 stats?

Rigo
30 April 2002, 09:38 AM
i have lot of starship draw, but only side of them if you want i may send you some to chose. i only want to do stats for them but no time to do.

Chris Curtis
30 April 2002, 10:27 AM
Well, Troy, for a first stat posting, I think you've done a bang-up job. Basically, you've got all the elements of a good stat post:

A nice, fairly detailed description that explains what, why, and how; stats that actually support what was in the description; balanced stats (not everything can be good about it); and non-munchkin stats.

Great job and I hope you keep up with stat posts of this quality.

Deck
30 April 2002, 10:27 AM
<b>Troy</b>, the ship you created is a nice design! Well-calculated and balanced stats. That's how it should be, and you have wrote a nice background. Concerning the request for a d20 conversion, I hereby offer my help if you want.

One thing, tough, wouldn't the Alliance have added space for at least one single X-Wing squadron? I ask because the amount of weapons is well balanced, and could leave space for a small hangar, either for 6 to 12 fighters or some drop ships. :)

Troy Henist
1 May 2002, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the feedback so far

Deck help with the conversion to D20 would be great :) as I have never done it before.

About the space for the fighters. The idea crossed my mind about putting them in, but I decided against it. It didn't fit in with idea I had of the ship. I suppose this could be classed as one of the disadvantages of the ship, its reliance on others vessels to provide the fighters.

Rigo thanks for the offer. If want to send me some pics e-mail me at waspslayeruk@yahoo.co.uk. Also if you want some help putting some stats together to go with your pics I'd be happy to help. Just let me know your ideas for them and I'll have a go.

The Admiral
1 May 2002, 11:11 AM
Shp pic? Just so happens I have a 350 meter mon cal design lying around.

Rigo
1 May 2002, 05:05 PM
i have email you one sheet of draw ship, i wanted do post it here before but the size:+500k is too huge i have 12 sheet like this, i try to send you before the 12 may, after that i will quit for 3 month. If you have MSN or anyting like that may stay in contact to give you draw and you will do the stats if you want.

Troy Henist
2 May 2002, 07:37 AM
Cheers for the pics Rigo :)

I'll have a good look at the weekend, and see if I can come up with anything for you. Feel free to e-mail away. Might have some stats for you possible by the end of the next week.

Deck
4 May 2002, 10:54 AM
I'm sorry that this took some days, but I had a very busy week. I wish one day had more than 24 hours. ;) Here are the d20 stats for your starship above.

<h3>d20 Stats</h3><dl><dt><b>Craft:</b> REC <i>Corsair</i>-class Assault Destroyer</dt>
<dt><b>Class:</b> Capital</dt>
<dt><b>Cost:</b> Not avialable for sale</dt>
<dt><b>Size:</b> Huge (350 m long)</dt>
<dt><b>Crew:</b> Normal +2 (Maximum 1,215, minimum 627, gunners 72)</dt>
<dt><b>Initiative:</b> 0 (-2 size, +2 crew)</dt>
<dt><b>Passengers:</b> 100 (troops)</dt>
<dt><b>Cargo Capacity:</b> 1,000 metric tons</dt>
<dt><b>Consumables:</b> 3 months</dt>
<dt><b>Hyperdrive:</b> x2 (backup x18)</dt>
<dt><b>Maximum Speed:</b> Cruising</dt>
<dt><b>Maneuvers:</b> 0 (-2 size, +2 crew)</dt>
<dt><b>Defense:</b> 18 (-2 size, +10 armor)</dt>
<dt><b>Shield Points:</b> 300 (200 back-up shield points)</dt>
<dt><b>Hull Points:</b> 600</dt>
<dd><b>DR:</b> 20</dd>
<dt><b>Weapon:</b> Heavy Turbolasers (18, battery fire)</dt>
<dd><b>Fire Arc:</b> 2 front, 2 left, 2 right</dd>
<dd><b>Attack Bonus:</b> +8 (-2 size, +2 crew, +6 fire conrol, +2 battery fire)</dd>
<dd><b>Damage:</b> 7d10x5</dd>
<dd><b>Range Modifier:</b> PB -4; S -2; M 0; L 0</dd>
<dt><b>Weapon:</b> Double Laser Cannons (20, battery fire)</dt>
<dd><b>Fire Arc:</b> 1 front, 1 left, 1 right, 1 back</dd>
<dd><b>Attack Bonus:</b> +8 (-2 size, +2 crew, +4 fire conrol, +4 battery fire)</dd>
<dd><b>Damage:</b> 4d10x5</dd>
<dd><b>Range Modifier:</b> PB -4; S -2; M 0; L n/a</dd>
<dt><b>Weapon:</b> Concussion Missile Launchers (6)</dt>
<dd><b>Fire Arc:</b> 4 front, 2 back</dd>
<dd><b>Attack Bonus:</b> +4 (-2 size, +2 crew, +4 fire conrol)</dd>
<dd><b>Damage:</b> 9d10x5</dd>
<dd><b>Range Modifier:</b> PB -4; S -2; M 0; L n/a</dd>
</dl>

Troy Henist
4 May 2002, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the conversion Deck :)

Much appreciated.

Rigo
6 May 2002, 03:20 PM
Troy I will send you the other scan, but my limits for email(TX microsoft) is less than 2meg..

my other mail have 20meg. but i dont know what is your email capacity.

may tel me?

Troy Henist
9 May 2002, 12:59 AM
Rigo Any e-mails with over 1.5mb attachments don't get to me, unfortunatley. So if you can keep it to less than that, brilliant!

Rigo
9 May 2002, 07:54 AM
I send you a batch of 3 draw with lot of ship on it.

some ship idea as taken from Perry Rhodan other from ScFi picture book, but i dont tink this will cause any problem, the other is taken in my imagination, anyway it is just to have more ship is SW univers for player and gamemaster

i may sugest to creat some stats(espcially for the war ship) for the pre Ep1 era, like 4000 -200 year before, not lot of ship stat exist in this area.

Rigo
9 May 2002, 07:57 AM
For ppl that dont see the draw is one Exemple of what i send, the other are Scan of Hand draw ship that i do a long time ago, this one i have put in on jpeg. I take this designe in a SF pics book and i imagine the rest.

Troy Henist
9 May 2002, 10:51 AM
Great stuff Rigo :)