PDA

View Full Version : Sith Campaign Arc

scourgicus
30 April 2002, 07:55 AM
I was re-reading portions of the DSSB and came up with a pretty cool idea for a campaign. Set a couple of years before the Hyperspace Wars (ca 5,000 yrs BBY - I think). I wanted to base it on the HS Wars arc in the DSSB but with some twists. Our heroes would be Sith (species) trying to grow in power in the Sith Empire. At least one of them could, over time, discover the destructive nature of the Dark Side and seek to balance himself. NOT becoming a lightsider, but control the rage and hate that consumes (and destroys) those around him.

This is similar to Vader's ideas about the Force in SOTE. It is not so much an issue of being less evil (though that's a possibility) as much as learning to master the Force (and its Dark Side) by controlling yourself. My impression of the Sith species (of that era) is they all run towards Chaotic Evil. Our balance hero would lean towards Lawful Evil or even Lawful Neutral. Evil after all, eventually denigrates into chaos. Palpatine's New Order fostered a Rebellion only 20 years after its formation. And was gone less than 25 years after its formation.

So what? Sith with Dark/Light issues. I thought one of the interesting plot twists could be this balance hero (or all the characters) seeking to expand their knowledge of the DS by going to Hutt Space, where they could work with (enslave?) one of the Hutts. 'Nuff said. The point eventually being a group of Jedi Knights find their way to the Hutt's palace (looking for missing explorers/diplomats or something) and the Sith, thinking the Jedi are a myth, are flabbergasted. The balance hero could find their approach to the Force interesting...if misguided. Yada yada yada.

This arc really ends up being about roleplaying more than combat, though of course some of the Sith are going to want to engage the Jedi. Of course to make things truly interesting one of the characters could be a nephew (or similar relative) to Naga Sadow or Ludo Kreesh. What to do what to do...

Anyhow just some thoughts. I would love your input.

scourgicus
30 April 2002, 07:58 AM
Oh one more thought. In the HSW era Jedi's have sabers with cords going to power sources on their belts. So what's to keep an enterprising Sith from cutting the cord? Hmm...I guess that would qualify as a critical hit, right?

FallenAngel
30 April 2002, 08:14 AM
Sounds like a good campaign. It's always fun to play the not so bad bad guy... like a character I had, a Jedi who fell to the Sith much like Ulic Qel Droma, trying to find a way to destroy it... except I think I managed to escape without losing my connection to the force. Anyway, your idea sounds great; does the Darkside sourcebook have the statistics for the Sith?

Nazgul
30 April 2002, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by FallenAngel
does the Darkside sourcebook have the statistics for the Sith?

No, but you're supposed to treat them as near-human.

Kal_Myadon
9 May 2002, 03:31 AM
actually the DSSB does have stats for the Massassi which are descendants of the Sith that were taken by Naga Sadow (sp?) and transplanted to Yavin 4 later they were used by Freedon Nadd and Exar Kunn as shock troops in their wars so you could use the commoners from thatsource to make basic Sith.

Kal