PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 inch Goodness

Bookmaker221
30 April 2002, 12:59 PM
I have to commend Hasbro on their revamped Star Wars line. By abandoning the Comm-Chips and paper stat-inserts (which totally miffed me) and using the resources in turn to put more articulation and features on the figures, they've made tiny people that I'm actually beginning to prize as much as my McFarlane stuff.

Take the new Jango Fett: For kids, he has a grappling hook-thingy and a spring-loaded rocket pack (thankfully resurected from the original Boba). His detailing is at the higher end of quality the Star Wars line has expansed (as all the new figures do), with multiple points of articulation, functional holsters, and made for a shooting pose (a far cry better for display than the previous Lego-man impersonators).

By God, I'm all giddy.

dgswensen
30 April 2002, 03:03 PM
It's too bad that the omission of the Comm-Tech chip and stat-inserts didn't bring the price down any. $8 is way too much to pay for one of those little action figures, as far as I'm concerned. I'd like to have some of those figures this year, but at those prices, I just can't afford it.

Reverend Strone
30 April 2002, 03:12 PM
Interesting- the price has dropped for these new figures in NZ. We used to pay $20 for the commchip figures. Now the new Ep II figures retail for $17. A welcome change for sad toy devotees like me. I think my pocket book has bruises on it after last week.

Bookmaker221
1 May 2002, 01:21 PM
dgswensen: Where the crap are you shopping? I got all the new basic figures at $6 at my local WalMart. I know that my Toys R Us has a comprable price. The most outrageous places I've run into so far are K-Mart and Target, with $7 a pop, and even K-Mart is having a "sale" that brings their price down on level with the others.

darth maim
4 May 2002, 02:45 PM
I too found them all at walmart for 5.88 each....

Looks like you need to find a new place to shop hombre.

DirkGreystoke
5 May 2002, 10:48 PM
I agree, these new figures are great. So far I only have Anakin and Obi-Wan, but they are awesome. I love the magnets in their hands.

darth maim
5 May 2002, 10:52 PM
Anyone know where to get a full list of ALL the figures out that's fully viewable and printable?

Nazgul
6 May 2002, 03:59 AM
Try here (http://www.rebelscum.com). They have a bunch of lists and such, you'll have to do a little digging but its there.

grizzly
6 May 2002, 04:30 AM
Is this (http://starwars.hasbro.com/images/ep2checklist_print.jpg) the kinda thing you mean?

darth maim
6 May 2002, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by grizzly
Is this (http://starwars.hasbro.com/images/ep2checklist_print.jpg) the kinda thing you mean?

That's exactly what I was looking for... Are there any available for the next waves (Qui Gon, endor trooper, etc)?

grizzly
6 May 2002, 04:57 PM
I think that list covers figures that are being released over a fair period of time, I only found it after checking one of the threads in RPG Discussion (?) about minitures. The toyshowcase (http://starwars.hasbro.com/toyshowcase/) might be more help to you :)

Jaggard
22 May 2002, 07:37 PM
Yoda and Dooku (the pack with the hologram and 2 sabers). They were hard finds.
Aside from Dooku, Jango and Mace I think I'll stick to aliens. Ialready have Taun We, Shak TI, Luminara, Zam, Female Tusken (GRRRR- see other posts by me if you want to know), Genosian with lizard dog, and Dexter. I didn't realise it at first but two things about my buying habits struck me recently. I only buy in twos (what's that all about) meaning only Two figures a day. Always two there are no more no loess? and Until this past week, I hadn't realised that all the figures I had bought were female, then I got Jango and the Genosian. Yoda and Dooku today and a freind got me Dexter.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
2 June 2002, 12:53 AM
Well, I'm waiting to see what other figures are going to come out...

Yeah, they're just too pricey for me to buy right now... and there's a few that I'd like which were in the movie that arn't as figs (yet?)

They had 3 waves with the ep1 figs, so i'm counting on the same with this. I won't get the whole set, but at least i'll get my pick of ones I want for the most part.

up here in canada, they're selling for 8.99 per figure and even more for the delux figs.

Jaggard
2 June 2002, 01:28 PM
I found a Jack pot man. I've hunted and searched for a yoda or Dooku for a freind that says he wanted one desperately. We traveled 1/2 an hour for him 1 1/2 for me to the mall of new hampshire in manchester to see if we could find them. The guy at the toy store said they had none, but he had been to a place that had more then one of Yoda Dooku and Anakin with two light sabers. So we went to the location and the store wasn't open and since it's so new it's not listed in the phone book. Well we went back about two days ago and WOW. No wonder they are so hard to find this guy has them alll. :D
But seriously he says he's asked the company to send his more variety but Hhas those three and clone troopers up the wazoo. I counted more then twenty of each on the shelf and and he said he had boxes more in the back. He also has back issues of Gamer and insider, legos, micromachines, classic and episode one stuff. It's just barely opened and he's still struggeling to broaden the supplies and stock the shelves. But he is freindly and he offers prices that are a dollar or less over the prices of other locations (at least for the ep2 figs).

Reverend Strone
3 June 2002, 10:54 PM
Wow, I never realised those figs were in such demand. They're peg-warmers here in NZ. It's the aliens and obscure guys you can't get here.

Have you guys seen what's coming down the pipeline? The new army-builders and accessory sets look very cool.
Multi packs of Storm Troopers!
New and different head sculpts on generic characters!
Accessory Sets containing one generic figure (Death Star Trooper, Biker Scout, Battle droid or Hoth Rebel soldier) and a tonne of cool little gadgets and accessories!

Ouch- my pocket book's hurting already.