PDA

View Full Version : Submission Guidelines - PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING!

Rigil Kent
30 April 2002, 02:57 PM
To all that are planning on sending me a submission, go here: Submission Guidelines (http://submissions.swrpgnetwork.com/submit.php?s=&action=guidelines)

Please, please, please read these before you submit. You can normally access them immediately prior to submitting but I'm afraid that a large number of people aren't doing so. The problems I keep running into are almost universally the same:

1. Stats for both systems are required. If you are having a problem creating the stats, make a post here on the HoloNet in the pertinent forum and people will be happy to help you. If they aren't, we'll sic <b>Moridin</b> on them. :D

2. Class Tables for d20. Copy it from the above guidelines and modify only what has to be changed in Word or something. Trying to figure out some of the shorthand that has been sent is driving me...mad...yes, that's the word.

Thanks for reading my...rant. It appears that my Summer will be dominated by Biology II (Mon-Fri, 1800-2130. YUCK!) but I promise to try and keep up with the workload.

Chris Curtis
30 April 2002, 03:03 PM
Very good idea with this thread, Rigil. Hopefully it will get to people who might otherwise have skipped over the guidelines.

I'd also suggest that you use the admin options at the bottom of the thread page and "stick" the thread so that it will stay at the top of the forum (and thus not get lost).

Rigil Kent
30 April 2002, 03:09 PM
Beat ya to it, <b>Chris.</b> :D Thanks, though!

IVIarco
28 May 2002, 11:18 PM
Oh, and don't forget that any submissions that too closely specialize a Core Class will be rejected as well. So, even though, say, Battlemaster is just a good focus for Guardian, and Jedi Healer helps focus, theoretically, a Jedi Consular, something like...oh, say "Jedi Negotiator" is "too close" to the Consular Core Class to be posted on this site.

C'mon guys. Is Moridin the only one allowed to create Jedi Prestige classes on this site? And if I'm going to be handed an excuse for why mine isn't, please think of something better than "it's too close." Prestige classes are "inherently" meant to modify one aspect. If Healing and Battle make sense, than Negotiation should be a viable focus for submission.

-Marco

Moridin
29 May 2002, 05:22 AM
If you have a problem with our Submissions page, please feel free to e-mail staff@swrpgnetwork.com with your submission intact and we will be happy to discuss it with you. Of course I am not the only one allowed to make Jedi prestige classes; however, if the special class abilities are not suitably unique enough to warrant a prestige class, I can understand the rejection.

So-Var Leet
29 May 2002, 07:15 AM
Negotiation should be a viable focus for submission.

Just yesterday a friend of mine sent me some information on a Jedi Neogotiator PrC. That's creepy. :D

IVIarco
29 May 2002, 03:43 PM
-->Edited out by request<--

IVIarco
2 June 2002, 04:46 PM
Have tried to remove the above posting, as requested by Rigil Kent, but the site informs me that the time period in which I am allowed to do this has passed. So, if someone with the requisite access can remove the above post for me, it would be most appreciated. Danke danke!

-Marco

Arax Indrid
22 July 2002, 05:39 PM
What's the form i use to submit something? I've looked, but i canna seem to find it... any help would be much appreciated.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
22 July 2002, 06:14 PM
Click on the Submit option in the Top Left menu on the Submissions page.

Arax Indrid
28 July 2002, 09:27 AM
Ok, thanks frobi, but i have a few more problems... other than mental.

I can't seem to get anyone to convert a race i have to d6
I can't seem to have anything i type in my profile actually show for example... location, affiliation... ect...
but i finally did find the submit button, thanks for that!

Tossk
2 August 2002, 08:00 AM
Keep on chuggin' Rigil! looks like you could use a helper! :) :D

Galleyslave
20 August 2002, 10:18 AM
Hey,
I submitted an Idea for a Base Class - Martial artist
It was rejected because you already have a PrC?!?
How come?
Admittededly, I didn't exactly follow the submission rules, but I didn't see them till it was too late. But the rules suggested that my submission would be kicked-back due to being unbalanced, or for failure to follow submission rules. There's nothing in there that I saw that says you would reject base class submission because you already had a PrC.

What gives?
:? :? :? :? :?

Nafai
20 August 2002, 10:37 AM
"Submit only stats or articles which have not been previously published..."

and

"We do not accept variant rules, house rules, or alternate mechanics, or any submissions that use such systems."

Would be what I would cite, Galleyslave. A new base class to me, is a variant of official d20 rules, as there are no provisions for going outside of those predefined classes.

PrC's however, ARE part of the rules, and if new class features are desired to be made, a PrC is where it would be acceptable within the limitations of the d20 rules.

Of course, there IS a category in the Submissions section for base classes, so I'm sure my reasoning is way off of what the Official Stand(tm) is. But as there are no entries to date, I'm guessing that I'm not too far off.

Armage Bedar
21 August 2002, 10:16 AM
The reason for that, Nafai, is because all of our sites use the same categorization system. We have the ability to add hero classes on SWRPGNetwork and Conversions, as well as on Submissions, but we just don't accept them on Submissions.

Nafai
21 August 2002, 10:20 AM
Cool, thanks, Armage! Makes perfect sense to me now! ;)

Jim Williams
24 October 2002, 07:50 PM
Is there any way the table with codes found in the Submit area can be redone so that it requires a little less intuition and basically tells a submitter how to use it?

I'm not a computer-guru by any means, and I never would have submitted any of my PrCs if Dan K hadn't sent me a version of his table where, within the codes, he had written clearly 'insert level here', 'insert BAB here', 'insert Fort save here', etc. so that I knew what exactly goes where within the codes. The template in the Submit area is keyed for a base class someone was designing using the OCR, so I had no idea the 0s, +1s, Design Specialty +1, etc. were the numbers and info that I had to put in/change.

Also, a submitter should be prompted to the concept of alternating the "misctr" number between 1 and 2 so the table is color-coded.

One other thing! When the table codes are used for Holonet posts, there winds up being a lengthy space between the last text and the start of the table. Is that fixable?

Just a suggestion...

smokn_willie
25 October 2002, 05:26 AM
I have to agree with Jim I was looking at the submissions guideline and I saw that table and was like, yeah..ok..I'll do that. Yes I am one of those few people who never bothered to learn coding or html but I would really like to see an easier submissions set. Thanks

Armage Bedar
26 October 2002, 05:59 AM
Yeah, I do agree that the current method is very unintuitive. My goal is to have it just be a set of form fields that generates the HTML automatically -- you just type in what you want, where you want.

This is low on my task list, sadly, but it *is* on my radar. Thanks for the heads-up.

Jim Williams
26 October 2002, 08:04 AM
If it's on the scope, then there's hope!

Armage Bedar
27 October 2002, 05:21 AM
And the reason table codes create a large amount of white space is because of the line breaks that people tend to use when they make their table. Each line break adds a &lt;br&gt; tag to the post, and because they are between &lt;table&gt;, &lt;tr&gt;, and &lt;td&gt; tags they get put at the bottom of the table.

The solution is to make sure all of your tags run up against each other, like so:

&lt;table&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td&gt;Hello.

This is a cell with a line break within it.&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td&gt;This is another cell. No line break.&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td&gt;New row!&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;

RoyalGuard
5 November 2002, 07:56 AM
I have several adventures for two campaigns (one classic era and one NJO), do you accept these as submissions?

<Apologies for noob question>