PDA

View Full Version : Credit Pincher

Smashmouth54680
1 May 2002, 03:16 PM
When my friend and I play, he always has the annoying habit of picking up blasters after he kills someone. The reason that annoys me is that I either have to give him money for them (not much but some) or tell him he can't which annoys him. That also takes away from the enjoyability. What should i do? What would you do? Help is appreciated.
Smashy

Alun
1 May 2002, 03:41 PM
Uhm.

well first is the issue, how many blasters can he carry (also getting involved in combat after being loaded down with five blasters could give him penalties).
(speaking from a person who served in the military,carry one rifle is plenty and bulky enough, and carrying three makes combat next to impossible). even pistols get bulky.

Next is it illegal to carry blasters where he is, because you might be able to hide one blaster but 3,4,5 might be very visible leading to some interesting inquiries as o how he got ll those blaster and does he have permits for them.

Let some of the blasters get damaged in combat

Devalue blasters.

Have him chased away before he has a chance to loot.

Stun him and loot him.

or give him 100,000 creds so he doesn't have to worry about picking up blasters.

Just a few ideas

MassassiC
1 May 2002, 03:45 PM
Well a good tactic is that he kills some Bounty Hunter or other "professional", but this one is a little more paranoid than most, and has his weapon booby-trapped just in case it ever got stolen and used against him.
Another could be that the serial number stamped on the barrel is from a stolen batch and while the buyer stalls the player, he calls the local enforcement to deal with this thief/fence.
Hope that helps :D

Smashmouth54680
1 May 2002, 04:43 PM
Great ideas Alun. Thanks I will probably devalue them and give them penalties if he has more then 3 or 4 weapons depending on what they are. Thanks. MassassiC, Thanks for the idea. I used it before. It just doesn't work well for Stormtroopers and such.