PDA

View Full Version : Cookies don't seem to work with Mozilla

JavaDragon
2 May 2002, 08:38 AM
Every time a follow a link I have to click login again (if I want to be me). This is highly annoying. I assume that it doesn't work for Netscape either since the are basically the same thing, however I have not tried it.

Chris Curtis
2 May 2002, 12:17 PM
JavaDragon... if you're experiencing trouble with remaining logged in, I'd suggest the following:

Go to the Profile link in the upper left. Go to the Edit Profile link. Change the "Browse with Cookies" (or something similar, I think it's the 3rd option).

You should be good to go after that. Oh, and while Netscape 6+ is based off of Mozilla, the earlier ones aren't, so they probably don't have the same problems (though I have no idea how well they work in general for the HoloNet).

d3mian
2 May 2002, 12:42 PM
I had that same problem and, I'm sorry to say, turning on "Browse with Cookies" only partly fixed it. While I could stay logged in when following links, I had to re-log in every time I came to the site.

The newest version of Mozilla (1.0 RC1) seems to fix the problem, though, so I'd try upgrading to that and see if it works for you.

JavaDragon
3 May 2002, 06:03 AM
I upgraded to RC1 and the problem went away. I was going to move anyway, just hadn't gotten around to it.