PDA

View Full Version : Who's Your Favorite Force-User?

So-Var Leet
3 May 2002, 05:09 AM
Who's your favorite force-user from the classic trilogy? I'd have to vote for Darth Vader myself ... such a deep character. Besides, only a badass would have to have three actors play him. :D

VixenofVenus
3 May 2002, 06:45 AM
Yoda ... definitely Yoda.

You have to realize ... this lil green sage has more power in his lil pinky than most people ... but does he use it ... HELL NO! The only time we've ever seen Yoda use the Physical Force (not just Sensing) is when he lifted the X-Wing out of the swamp ... and he does it so easily at just under 900 years old!

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
3 May 2002, 11:10 AM
Luke!

was so cool as he went from a farm boy to becoming a jedi ... it was when he was still young, full of energy and didn't restrain himself ... and he traded blows with his old man... hand for a hand you might say...

Donovan Morningfire
3 May 2002, 03:07 PM
I had to vote for da man himself ....

Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith

He may not be the most powerful per se, but to me he is just the all-around coolest of the choices.

If we look outside the Classic Trilogy, then I'd be leaning more towards Prequel-era Obi-Wan, especially from what we've seen/heard in Ep2 :D

zethzooken
3 May 2002, 03:35 PM
I had to vote for Vader.

The emperor may have been stronger in the force, but Vader was the only bad guy to use a lightsaber.

He might have gotten his but kicked by his son, but he was man enough to keep his known child in line. Most parents wouldn't cut their kid's hands off to get there point across.

But as an actual character, he had the best storyline. One of best ,if not the strongest, jedi ever and was human. He had faults like any man and felt like exploring his darker side. I mean come on, if you had the chance to cut loose or follow that jedi code for the rest of your life, what would you do?

Sithspawn
4 May 2002, 06:16 AM
Vader. Well, the Sithspawn must support his Dark Lord B)

Rigil Kent
4 May 2002, 06:58 AM
My man Ben! Fought three Sith Lords in his lifetime, killed one (Maul) & defeated another (Anakin, although he probably won't be a technical Sith Lord yet.) Rock on, Obi-Wan!

BrianDavion
4 May 2002, 07:01 AM
yes and got killed by that sith lord later.

darth maim
4 May 2002, 07:48 AM
Vader is by far the coolest character so far....

Lord Kjeran
4 May 2002, 08:54 AM
Ben is the man! Besides, according to the SW Peronality test, I am the old Obi-Wan! lol

QWERTY
21 May 2002, 04:02 AM
None of the above

Corran Horn is much better he has a silver lightsaber

Wade Trenor
21 May 2002, 05:56 AM
My personality test said I was most like the Emperor! 8o

However, I voted for Obi-Wan. I've read the entire Jedi Apprentice series, and watched as he defeated Maul. He is also the one who 'saved' the Jedi by training Luke, and by telling him to go to Dagobah.

If I had a hero, Ben would be it. :D

Rip Jedi
21 May 2002, 02:12 PM
where is that test i have to take it

Wade Trenor
21 May 2002, 03:46 PM
The Star Wars Personality Test (http://www.matthewbarr.co.uk/personality/index.htm )

J'Raef
25 May 2002, 04:48 PM
Darth vader has 4 actors play him acually. and he is the best but only by a fraction.

Kallimir
31 May 2002, 05:48 PM
well i liked obi-wan, more for the prequels than the original trilogy but i do like him a whole lot.

madpoet
31 May 2002, 05:54 PM
I voted for Vader, but only because this is a Rebellion Era poll. As I've stated in the past, Corran is THE man. He is an extremely competent Jedi, despite his lack of TK ability. I'd like to see any a Rebellion era jedi get by the way Corran does.

Jastor
31 May 2002, 06:11 PM
Why not others?

the one that said that Darth was played by 4 actors.. wasnt it 3?? Prowse (body), James Earl Jones (voice) and *memoryblank* as face

other:
what about Kadann? .. hmm. well this is the "Rebellion Era" forum but still :)

So-Var Leet
31 May 2002, 06:50 PM
I limited it to the Episodes IV through VI because I haven't read all of the books and it wouldn't be very accurate. Besides, the first three movies are the ones that hold the most nostalgia for me. :D

madpoet
2 June 2002, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Jastor
the one that said that Darth was played by 4 actors.. wasnt it 3?? Prowse (body), James Earl Jones (voice) and *memoryblank* as face

Actually, there was a fourth actor who was a stand-in for the lightsaber combat sequences.

khalen penn
2 June 2002, 03:54 PM
it was a tough one but i went for
OBI WAN
becouse like QUI GON i found him such a belivable character

VADER rocks but had family problems
the emperor was smooth but his over confidence was his weakness
and
YODA hes just the smallest bad ass in the galexy
hope in E3 we see mace use some force powers

I DONT WANT TOO SELL YOU DEATH STICKS
I WANT TO GO HOME AND RETHINK MY LIFE