PDA

View Full Version : Episode Two Questions Answered Inside!! - DEFINITE SPOILERS

VixenofVenus
3 May 2002, 08:16 AM
Ok. There are quite a few of us here on the HoloNet who have read the Novelization of Episode2 ... and quite a few that haven't but still want to know anything and everything ... so I offer that those of us who have read the Novel answer any questions asked by those who haven't.

Be warned all those who read after this post though ... we will be giving away SPOILERS ... if ya don't want to see em ... don't read any further!

Ok folks, ask away ... the mystic sage of questions answered is ready to take your orders (must be 18 or older or have the permission of a guardian to order).

Grim Fantango
3 May 2002, 09:09 AM
Ok, question one

Who does yoda fight with a lightsaber, or does he just spar with some students?:?

VixenofVenus
3 May 2002, 09:44 AM
Ok ... there may be two scenes where Yoda is seen with a Lightsaber, but the second one is definite:

1. Yoda is training some young (like 3-8 year olds) pre-padawans to use lightsabers when Obi-Wan comes looking for Yoda for advice ... Yoda might have a lightsaber out when this is going on ... but since the book didn't mention it specifically ... and I figure it will mostly be the lil kids with the lightsabers (sparring with the training droids like Luke did in ANH - Blast Helmets and all).

2. Definitely, Yoda will be fighting Count Dooku (or Lord Tyrannus - in the book he is NEVER called Darth Tyrannus ... only Lord Tyrannus). It is after both Anakin and Obi-Wan have been injured that Yoda comes in and faces his old pupil (Yoda trained Dooku, who trained Qui-Gon, who trained Obi-Wan, who trained Anakin). In this battle, Yoda is described as agile, quick, and VERY adept with his saber which is GREEN. The battle ends when (MAJOR SPOILER so I'm going to silver color) Dooku uses the force to crash a giant crane down on the injured Anakin and Obi-Wan ... and since they cannot stop it's fall with the Force, Yoda stops the fight with Dooku and saves them ... which allows Dooku to escape in his Solar Sailer.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
3 May 2002, 04:40 PM
I started a thread with the same purpose over in the Old Republic and Rise of the Empire Eras Forum.

http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6632

I like somebody's thoughts on my last question.

cdtatro
9 May 2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by VixenofVenus
Ok. There are quite a few of us here on the HoloNet who have read the Novelization of Episode2 ... and quite a few that haven't but still want to know anything and everything ... so I offer that those of us who have read the Novel answer any questions asked by those who haven't.

ohh ohh, I've got one that I need to know before I can see the film (to prep for my upcoming game next week): roughly how many Jedi are left alive at the end of the movie? Back when the media was buzzing over the 'nsynch (or whoever) appearance, there was some mention of a big badda boom explosion killing thousands of Jedi. Essentially, what I need to know is do they establish that there are now just a handful of Jedi left, or is it more of a "this was a serious defeat, but the Sith are still going to have their hands full" situation?

Thanks,

Chris

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
9 May 2002, 06:39 PM
A few Jedi get killed, one important one gets maimed. It's not like they are hurting for Jedi; by the end of the film that is.

cdtatro
10 May 2002, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by FrobiWanKenobi
A few Jedi get killed, one important one gets maimed. It's not like they are hurting for Jedi; by the end of the film that is.

Great. Thanks. I was concerned that my new game would suddenly find itself in "what do you mean they said in the movie there are only 6 Jedi left in the galaxy" mode... I mean, I know things like that will happen sooner or later but this would be a bit much.

Chris

AWingJock
17 May 2002, 08:48 AM
Well, a buddy and I counted during the movie... We could only see about 18 - 21 during the last fight scene, and that doesnt include Yoda, Obi-Wan, or Anakin who werent there. That is supposed to be ALL the Jedi... Of course that doesn't include the ones in the agricultural corpse and stuff like that though... I assume that's all of the "real" jedi though.

ZAT_albion
18 May 2002, 01:38 AM
I dont beleive that that was supposed to be all of the Jedi... and they never said it anywhere in the movie (but i havent read the book.. so if it's in there then i apologize hehe)...

But it said in the novel of the phantom Menace that there were about 10.000 at the time... And it hasent been inclined anywhere in the movie that a serious number of that 10.000 would have been killed...

so i assume that a large number of those 10.000 are still around or perhaps even more since they train new ones constantly...

And all the Jedi that join in the final battle where just "all the jedi available" at the time as they said in the movie...

so just all the the strong jedi's currently on coruscant... not the padawan's ... and not the ones off-planet...

so in conclusion... still heaps of jedi's around

AWingJock
18 May 2002, 05:45 AM
Well, what I based that off of was Yoda telling Windu to "take the rest of the Jedi" with him to take out the problem on that planet. That was the only reason I think that might be the whole family. I would say it was the council, but you never see more than a dozen maybe in a council meeting. Seems to me that there just aren't as many true jedi around as might have been thought. Ideas? Comments?

VixenofVenus
18 May 2002, 07:54 AM
Quite a few Jedi are killed (they are only those on Coruscant and those who could meet Yoda in time on Kamino probably).

But interestingly, at the end of the movie, when Mace and Yoda are in the Council chambers, does anybody notice how empty it is ....???

Jaggard
18 May 2002, 07:12 PM
As I remember from the book (i'm not going to try and find it again) It was said there were 200 availible jedi in the temple. and I think they only took one hundred to fight. It wouldn't do to leave the temple deserted (but maybe all 200). And I thought that yoda went alone to get the clones. And I think that it said at some point that only fourty Jedi remained. But I've heard that many of the transports that the jedi borded went down I don't know if the survivor total was before or after that. So the brunt of the losses were to the droid, clones and (Bug folk I can't remember the name. I know it's all vaugue as I post it but I'm about 73% sure that no more then 60 jedi were lost. 97% that no more that 160 were lost. And 100% sure that it was a slaughter.

AWingJock
18 May 2002, 11:19 PM
Verpine I believe is what they were.

wolverine
19 May 2002, 03:51 AM
HELL NO , they were not verpine.. AIn't got a clue who they were, bu they weren't verpine, i know that!

Sorry, i love playing verpine.

Donovan Morningfire
19 May 2002, 11:45 AM
The bug guys were Geonosians.

As to number of Jedi, from the looks on the screen, Windu took no more than a hundred with him, at best. Haven't gotten that far in the book yet, so I can't speak on any numbers they give there.

As to the end scene with Yoda in his chair, I don't think it was the Council chamber itself. One or two Council Jedi may have died, but I don't think all of them did. It may well have been a seperate room (looked different from the Council chamber shown in TPM; have to watch my copy and check).

PxR|LionHammer
23 May 2002, 09:39 AM
In the movies...you'll remember that Obi wan said that Vader and the Emperor hunted down the Jedi, you would assume that They spent some considerable time doing this.