PDA

View Full Version : Just 'Cause

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
9 May 2002, 12:06 AM
Tomorrow, is important for two reasons - 1) the Revised Core Rulebook is released for purchase and 2) it marks the end of my first year as a member of the SWRPGNetwork and the HoloNet. And in that time I have found that one thing doesn't get said enough:

This site rules.

Most other fan sites are updated three times a year while this one gets updated three times a week (that's just in a slow one too).

And the offical site is crowded with all kinds of people that rarely feel the need to help out new GMs or if they do they use condesending tones or just talk dowm at them.

Once again - This site rules.

Though I do have one thing to ask - With the submissions section operating, the new "Art Staff" taking care of business, and recognition from the guys over at WotC (getting to review the RCRB early) what is next for the SWRPGNetwork? The following quote just seemed to fit the situation:

"And when Alexander saw the breath of his domain, he wept. For there were no more worlds to conquer."

What I am realy trying to say is thank you. To Aramge and Moridin for creating such a place where gamers and not flamers can come together. To the Conversions team that guys like me are trying to put out of a job. To Rigil Kent for reading all of those submissions that he must get. And to all of the Forum Moderators that function as the site's eye's and ears. Thank you.

This site rules.

Moridin
9 May 2002, 04:28 AM
Hey, sure thing man! Glad you're happy with us. As for what's next, well, fortunately we can pretty much just focus on content now. I'm going to be an Editor for the new Online Journal, and this summer I *should* be cranking out the first bits of a homebrew Sector. Otherwise, we're just going to let the dust settle around here and hope people enjoy it for a while.

darth maim
9 May 2002, 07:37 AM
I agree this site is smokin'... I also like the fact that the mods are VERY encouraging of new start-ups (such as {shameless plug} the SWAG)!! You guys are uber helpful here and I want it to be known that it is appreciated.

Keep doing what your doing... it's perfect.

Reverend Strone
20 May 2002, 03:39 PM
Nicely said Frobi. I agree entirely, and may I add, a belated Happy Registration Day to you.

Jedi_Staailis
20 May 2002, 04:38 PM
Usually I can't stand message boards. You can't seem to get a half decent debate going before it degenerates into a flame war. The boards here, however, are awesome.

To top that, however, we also get content, conversions, submissions, art, sneak peeks at WotC stuff, and much more. Excellent work to all those involved (I believe Frobi has done a good job summing all of you up).

[T]his summer I *should* be cranking out the first bits of a homebrew Sector.

I'm liking the sound of this...

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
20 May 2002, 08:23 PM
I have been on these boards for a couple of years now, and I haven't seen anyplace on the internet quite like here, ,frankly, this place rocks.

Jake Sunspot
31 May 2002, 07:31 PM
I just want to chime in and say I too, LOVE THIS SITE it has been a wonderful source of material and provided me with a great place for fellowship with other SW role players. THANK YOU GUYS, YOU ROCK THE HOUSE

Originally posted by Moridin
I'm going to be an Editor for the new Online Journal

Just curious, but is this "Online Journal" going to be something akin to a replacement for SWGamer. I was just wondering, I'm gonna miss that mag.:(

Nova Spice
1 June 2002, 07:06 PM
Yes, this site has been a really great place to chill after long hours of RPGing or before long hours of RPGing...come to think of it, its a great place to chill WHILE in the midst of long hours of RPGing.....hmmmm....I guess that pretty much covers it! :D
Thanks Mods for your assistance, advise, and dedication! Armage, Moridin, Tony, Rigil, GMSarli, Jan, Deck, Admiral, Grimace, Arakyd, Emperor Xanderich, Digital Ruse, Form1, BRodgers, Nazgul, Deano, and crew! Hope that whatever is in store for the Network boosts this site PAST the WotC site! :D B)