PDA

View Full Version : AOTC Soundtrack queston

Sithspawn
10 May 2002, 03:31 PM
I was about to buy the AOTC soundtrack the other day, and after laughing off the 4 covers thing (I'll that to the rants forum), I noticed a sign on the cover saying "Will not play on PC/MAC." What the ****!!!!! Now I don't want to turn this into a rant, but is this for real? Has anyone tried to play it on their PC?

I'm not keen on buying it if it can't be played on my PC. I can see where this is going though. Anti-piracy! Well I'm not keen on piracy, and I don't have a CD writer before anyone asks. But won't this put some people off buying the soundtrack? It has me because I play CDs on my PC when surfing the 'net.

Donovan Morningfire
10 May 2002, 07:41 PM
That's odd, especially seeing as how I'm listening to the disc on my PC's CD-ROM as I type this. (Track 5 right as of this moment.)

Lokar
10 May 2002, 07:53 PM
Works well on my computer, which is a Gateway PC.

ij thompson
10 May 2002, 09:03 PM
All good here. I bought the one with the movie poster cover, if that means anything...

Sithspawn
11 May 2002, 03:26 AM
Are any of these CDs bought in the UK?

Bookmaker221
11 May 2002, 04:33 AM
It works in mine as well, with the slight annoyance that for some reason Audiocatalyst is having a tough time trying to rip the last track. Other than that, everything's fine.

hisham
12 May 2002, 03:32 PM
I can listen to all track on my PC except for track 14 On The Conveyor Belt , but it works fine on any other CD player. Any thoughts to why?

Reverend Strone
12 May 2002, 05:14 PM
Track 14????

There is no track 14 on my version. What's the story?

The track listing and actual tracks on the CD only go to 13. I bought the only version that I've seen Downunder- the Movie Poster cover edition. Asside from these alternate covers i've been hearing about from you guys, are there other versions?

hisham
12 May 2002, 05:27 PM
Greets Rev Strone

I think there are a couple of alternate covers thought up by sonyclassical.cashmachine.com ;) . "Collect 'em all and show your grandkids four decades from now!!!"

I saw, apart from the movie poster cover, a Yoda cover, an Anakin & Padme cover, and the one that I got: Jango Fett cover.

The only gripe: the red-black, cloudy background ain't my cup of tea. My Windows Media Player wasn't only be able to play track 14, it can't even download the track name from the net.

Reverend Strone
12 May 2002, 06:15 PM
Well, as I said- there ain't no Track 14 on my copy, and I'm just playing it on a regular, ordinary CD player. There isn't even a listing for any tracks beyond 13 on the coverslip.

I guess they must have released a 'Budget' version for us in the deep south. That would explain why it was cheaper than originally priced in advance-purchase order forms. Perhaps they thought they were getting the 14 track version to begin with?

We do sometimes get stiffed down here. Alot of DVDs that release in NZ and Australia don't have all the special features included that appear on the Zone 1 US release. There are no doubt a variety of reasons I'm sure, but it can be most frustrating.

Talonne Hauk
12 May 2002, 07:42 PM
Reverand, the 14th track is a special for customers who buy the soundtrack at Target, a department store up here in the states. It's a promotional tie-in. I didn't get it, either. I bought mine at my local Super-dee-duper KMart, in a vainglorious effort to stall their bankruptcy and help save some jobs. Who knows? My $15 US could make all the difference...:rolleyes:

Reverend Strone
12 May 2002, 08:07 PM
Thanks Talonne. That makes a great deal more sense now. We don't have Target in NZ.