PDA

View Full Version : Money for RCRB

nightninja50
13 May 2002, 04:28 PM
Help!!!!! I am thirteen and I want to buy the RCRB and I need to be able to earn money for it! IF you have ideas email or post.

Grimace
13 May 2002, 05:31 PM
Get a job on a paper route. Do odd jobs during the summer around the neighborhood. Convince your parents to give you (or raise) your allowance if you do chores. Sell some of your old things on Ebay (assuming you can do this).

No, none of them are glorious, but if you need/want money, they can do the trick.

Talonne Hauk
13 May 2002, 05:55 PM
Hit up your relatives for money. (My nieces and nephews know I'm a soft touch.) Babysit. Blackmail your older brother/sister. Shave the cat and sell the hair to a wig factory. Beg, borrow, or steal. Use your confirmation or bar mitzvah money. Make a deal with your folks so your grades equal money. Do a car wash. Rifle your college fund. Bust your butt and earn it.

Matt Richard
13 May 2002, 06:53 PM
Sell odds and ends at school (mostly start a candy selling market, very popular at some shcools). At some schools, this is illegal, but its been done. Beg your parents for the money. Do favors for them. Rub your mothers neck or arm or whatever she wants whenever she wants in exchange for the RCRB. Threaten to jump off the high dive. Use your charisma score and roll it against your mother's will saving throw. If you role higher, you get the book. That one is a guarentee victory.:D

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
13 May 2002, 07:11 PM
I mowed lawns for Lego's back in grade school. The yards on the Army base we lived on then were not very big, maybe 300 sq. ft., so I charged 25 cents (most people gave me a buck anyway). I mow almost everyone's in the area's (15-20 duplexes) lawn once a week. I was making like $30 bucks a month and back in the early 90s/ late 80s that was enough to buy a nice Lego set a month. The downside was that being that young and that movated made me a workaholic. Soon after I started mowing lawns I got a paper route and started babysitting just to have more money to buy things; I was starting to like G.I. Joe in the last years before all the figures started to wear neon camo. I still fighting today this need to work today.

The moral nightninja50? Take something of a siblings and sell it to your friends sibling that doesn't know your bro/sis. Something that they never use anymore so that they souldn't miss it. Your getting rid of things they will just have to clean up later, providing funding for your game, and not condemning yourself to the downward spiral that is adulthood prematurely. And remember the ideas expressed in this thread are not nessesary representative of the values in our society.

reliant
15 May 2002, 09:44 AM
Since the amount of money isn't all that high, I'd just try begging your parents for it. Do as much yard work/house work as possible until you earn the brownie points for your mom to get it for you.

If that doesn't work you could always go downtown and roll a bum for the cash...:D

Dark72Jedi
16 May 2002, 10:00 AM
Hey, I'm married and still have to go through stuff like this...but what you need to do is just get down on your hands and knees and beg your mom or someone to lend you the money and offer to do chores for them. Thats how I do it with my wife!!!:D

Dark72Jedi
16 May 2002, 10:01 AM
What you need to do is just get down on your hands and knees and beg your mom or someone to lend you the money and offer to do chores for them. Thats how I do it with my wife!!!:D

Dark72Jedi
16 May 2002, 10:02 AM
Sorry about the double post, my stuff locked up so I hit the button again. Strangely it left the first sentence off...very weird