PDA

View Full Version : Han, the rebellion and all that jazz..

wolverine
16 May 2002, 11:08 AM
Warning, this might contain possible spoilers for those who have not read the Han trilogy (paradise snare, Hutt gambit and rebel dawn)....

OK. That should be enough space.
After reading this trilogy for the second time, and then going back to the first 3 films, it is strangely mystefing how easy Han went back to working with the rebels, after what that Bria chick pulled, on them during the Yelsia operation. What with dumping him a second time for the 'cause', and screwingim and all his smuggler buddies out of the credits that they were promised, for their partisipation. Also, why is it we have never heard anything more about her? Why has he never tried to ontact her, or her him?
And lastly, what happened to Murrg and movv, the 2 torogians.......

Du'Kaal
16 May 2002, 10:29 PM
Well, I think that Han basically has a soft spot for lost causes and friends. The rebellion seemed like a lost cause and he had be-friended Luke, Leia. At least thats my opion as to why he went back to helping the Rebellion.

As for Bria Tharen, I thought I read in one of the books that she and [pretty much her whole unit died getting the death star plans to Leia's ship. Maybe someone could verify this.

Not sure about Murrg & Mow.

Consul Vido
17 May 2002, 06:16 AM
I believe Du'Kaal is right in that Bria Tharen died getting the Death Star Plans to the Tantive IV.

As for the Togorians, I believe they went home, and Han went to visit them once. I'm not sure, though, and I can't seem to recall where I heard/read this from.

Wade Trenor
17 May 2002, 06:39 AM
Bria did die transmitting the Death Star plans to the Tantive IV.

The Togorians were visited, but that was just a side story.

I personally think that Han didn't want anything to do with the Rebellion, which is why he left Yavin IV. However, he didn't want to leave Luke to die, so came back to save him. He then got stuck with the Rebels for a time, helping them move to Hoth (for which he was paid), and he was planning to leave again, but the Imperials attacked.

Finally, after the events on Bespin, he threw his lot in with Leia.

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
17 May 2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Wade Trenor
Bria did die transmitting the Death Star plans to the Tantive IV.

Or it could have been Kyle Katarn, as far as I know there are a few stories about how those plans got to that ship.

Wade Trenor
17 May 2002, 06:03 PM
The Rebellion Era Sourcebook states (I think) that the plans were split up so that a single attack wouldn't give the Rebels the full scope of the Death Star.

My thoughts were that Brai recovered the basics - how it moved, and maybe it's OS. Katarn, on the other hand, retrieved the data on the giant laser.

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
17 May 2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Wade Trenor

My thoughts were that Brai recovered the basics - how it moved, and maybe it's OS. Katarn, on the other hand, retrieved the data on the giant laser.

Yeah? Well, Katarn is cooler. :)