PDA

View Full Version : The next Golden Era age

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
17 May 2002, 12:56 PM
Hmm.... has anyone thought of:

When would have been the next Golden age arrived since prior to TPM?

Would it have been very near if the Vong had not shown up?

So you think they'll be able to reach a golden age after the vong is dealt with?

I'm not bashing the vong invasion at all, just thinking on the alternate lines if they didn't show... could New Jedi Order have been that next golden age halmark? Maybe treat this as a starwars infinities type thread perhaps?

Well, those were my curiosities... any thoughts?
(please, this ain't a vong bashing thread ;) )

silentwolf
13 June 2002, 04:40 PM
what do you mean by 'golden age'? :?

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
13 June 2002, 05:26 PM
Golden Age:

a time where there is much peace, prosperity and harmony throughout. productivity is stable, luxury is the standard / the norm for the populace. The culture shows it by the way they live and work, elegance and style is everywheres. from homes, clothing, buildings, starship designs..

perhaps the jedi academy like it once used to be - large, and glorious, large numbers of force users at various stages.

Think of TPM & AOTC... the Naboo fighters, and the diplomatic ships. the original one that Padme, Qui Gon & Obi Wan traveled in, or the second one such as the huge 4 engined type that got blown up on the landing pad... or even the republic diplomatic cruisers that Qui Gon & Obi Wan traveled in on their misison to the orbital trade federation drod controller facility...

Its times like these, when resources are plentiful and equally wasted in vast amounts. When starship captains rid themselve of their motley patched and armed to the teeth yt-1300's for unarmed luxury yacht 9000's. Or purchase brand spankin shiny new battle cruisers from the gov't to go battle the increased hike in spacelane piracy.

Kyle Katarn
29 June 2002, 11:21 AM
No Golden Age afther the Vong...GL draws a lot of his ideas form history, and a good example is the Roman Empire. It fell to internal corruption (the senate), barbarians (The Yuuzhan Vong), and inbreading (those pesky Jedi). :p

Zanus
29 June 2002, 02:43 PM
Interesting thought. I don't think it would have started as soon as you think though. Imperial remnants closer to the core where still trying to get to the Imperial Remnant/Regency at the Rim, and there was still alot of political friction that had to be ironed out. Plus the Jedi where still quit raw and needed to better figure itself out (the Kyp faction versus the rest). I think these would take a couple generations to deal with, then you would start to see a golden age start to blossom, assuming Pelleaon didn't lose control of the Remnant/Regency and the moffs started striking at the NR in hopes of bringing a new golden age for themselves. I dont think it would be quit the same as the Old Republic though. There would be a much more noticable military strength everywhere "Just in case" where as the OR had next to no military, beyond maybe an anti-pirate/shipping fleet, and planetary garrisons/militias/defense forces.

AFter the Vong, I seriously doubt you will see a golden age for a very long time. The Vong have cause alot of friction between alot of peoples, and this will all have to be taken care of if the NR wants to have any chance of re-establishing itself. I have only read up to Balance Point, so i don't know just how bad it is, but from what I can tell, it is pretty bad.

Pel
7 July 2002, 08:45 PM
Yeah, things pretty much go straight to the netherworld in the NJO setting: Vong infiltrators popping up everywhere, fire raining from the sky, dogs and cats living together, it's mass chaos! :D

If the Vong hadn't bothered to invade the galaxy (took a wrong turn at Albuquerque) I still don't think a Golden Age would've resulted. There was still tons of infighting in the NR Council, the Jedi were still experiencing some growing pains, but most of all there was no unifying force (not Force :p ) in the galaxy to make everybody just get along. Nah, about the only way things might have turned out ok, is if Han decided he'd had enough and became the next Sith Lord...But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong :D