PDA

View Full Version : Matt's Episod 3 Speculations (Since its just my speculation, no real spoilers here)

Matt Richard
18 May 2002, 09:54 AM
Well, Im sure everyone has their own idea of what Ep 3 has in store for us, but after seeing Ep 2, my friends and i worked this Ep 3 scenario.

Another big battle involving Jedi and Clones. Only this time, its Jedi vs. Clones. Many are dead (on both sides), and the Jedi that remain take the hint and run away. The clones that survived are killed off as soon as Palpatine becomes Emperor, he favors a human army to replace and BAM weve got stormtroopers.

Amidala and Ani have twins, but Ani is off to Jedi duties, so he never even knows that Amidala was pregnant in the first place. Somehow, Amidala dies, Ani comes back, and becomes as mad as when Shmi died, and goes on another Dark Side killing spree, bringing him closer to the dark side of the force. Dooku is killed, and Sidious looks to Ani for an apprentice, enticing him with the possibilities. Meanwhile, Obi hids the kids, in fear of what Anikan might do (he is a very spontaneous person), and decides to separate them.

Ani eventually turns to the dark side, the Death Star is constructed, the Rebellion is born, and the Emperor, goes on his own purge, killing any remaining Jedi and opposers of his New Order.

Thats how I see it yep. I think we might even see Ani and Mace square off (only its now Darth Vader and Mace), which is how he dies.

Kas'ir Faywind
18 May 2002, 12:31 PM
Ill take your speculation and up you one.

I think There will be another big battle and the Jedi will lose many as well. But Palpy will point out the weakness in the Jedi turning the people on them forcing them to go into hiding.

Amidala will have twins but keeps it a secret as she senses Anakin becoming different person. Dooku is the one that kills amidala sending Anakin into rage killing Doku "completeing" his going to the darkside.

Anikan knows he has a son (force or whatever) so Obi won splits them up giving one to Ben, knowing Anakin would have too much pain heading back there, and one to Organa.

As Darth Vader he feels any Jedi not willing to go with the republic as weak minded and goes out to prove himself the best by killing as many as possible.

Oh one last thing i want a dam sex scene :) I mean they HAVE to DO IT sometime right?

Matt Richard
18 May 2002, 12:41 PM
Those are good points that i didnt think of before. Although i dont think a sex scene would be appropriate for star wars.

Superdog
18 May 2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Matt Richard
Thats how I see it yep. I think we might even see Ani and Mace square off (only its now Darth Vader and Mace), which is how he dies.

I think it would be sweet if in the middle of a big battle, Boba Fett shows up out of the blue and whacks Mace, to avenge his father's death. That would be some sweet stuff.

CrazyNuts
18 May 2002, 06:41 PM
But the real question is: Will Anny go to the dark side and become Vader at the begginging allowing us to see him and the Emperor hunt down and destroy the Jedi? Or will the movie show his gradual decent and have the big ending where Anakin falls into the Valcano to make you think that he is dead. (which makes more sense, since in the regular trilogy newcomers to the star wars universe won't know that Anny is Vader and make the Vader claiming to be Lukes father that much more surprising).

Plus I wouldn't be surprised for Lucas to end Episode 3 on a down note simply because everyone will want to watch the original trilogy to see Anakin as their fallen hero in a sad new light as opposed toseeing him as the evil Darth Vader.

Merchandising! Merchandising! Where the real money from the movie is made, not in the toys and lunch boxes, but in telling the story right so you can re-sell the original trilogy all over again and make it seem like a whole new film.

I got a little out of control their, now my rating will plummit baddly

-CrazyNuts

Matt Richard
18 May 2002, 07:53 PM
The movie will probably show the gradual going to the dark side.

The best ending in my opinion would be Mace and Boba square off, Mace injurs Boba just in time for Anikan (not Vader yet) to come in and fight Mace (hes already on to the dark side). He kills Mace and then squares off with Ben, when Ben pushes him into the whatever. It leaves on a note where it makes you think hes dead. All the remaining two jedi go into hiding. But at the end, we see the Emporer and the new Darth Vader together talking about what evil guys talk about, whatever that is. MAybe they mention something about Luke, maybe they look at the plans to the Death Star.

VixenofVenus
18 May 2002, 08:25 PM
Here's what I think:

According to Obi-Wan in Ep4, Vader helped hunt down the Jedi ... so Ani has to do so somehow, at least inadvertedly ... while you could say he influenced the deaths of a bunch of Jedi in the arena in Ep2 ... really, Obi-Wan was the reason they showed up there ...

I don't think we'll get to see Padme (Amidala) die ... Leia did remember her some (Ep6 "Do you remember your mother? Your real mother?"). Leia had to be at least a toddler to still hold even some images and feelings of her mother ... so I think the final push towards Anakin's fall to the darkside will be a belief that she has been killed, when really, it was another stand-in, and she has gone into hiding with the twins on Alderaan.

SPOILER - One way she might die is something my friends have been discussing. Since we see the plans for the DS in Ep2, and it screws with some EU, maybe we will see a primary gun test ... on Naboo. And Dooku and a younger Tarkin are testing the weapon, Anakin finds the remaining asteroid field (or chunks of a planetoid on which Dooku, Obi-Wan, and Sidious all land) ... then a massive battle between Dooku, Anakin, and Obi-Wan ensues, with Anakin becoming fully possesed by the Darkside (well ... almost fully, hehe) ... then when Obi-Wan happens to defeat him by his fall into some nearby lava ... Obi leaves and heads for Alderaan ... and nearby Sidious who saw it all 'Force Lift's Anakin out of the lava ... to be suited :) Then, Obi 'con's Padme into giving up Luke for him to watch over him, to protect them both from Anakin and Sidious.

Whether it happens like that or not ... Ep3 will be VERY, VERY cool ... I seriously can't wait!!

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
18 May 2002, 10:18 PM
I think it would be trippy if they have Anakin kill Amidala, in a fit of rage or something, that would definantly show that he's darkside all the way.

powalsh
25 May 2002, 05:17 AM
Another scenario could be that the clone army is unbalancing the force. The Jedi are losing their connection to the force because the clones are not natural, and are taxing the power of the force. Eventully after the clones have fought the war that allows Palpatine to create the Empire, they will be decommisioned and the cloning facility on Kamino will be destroyed so that no one may create an army to resist the Empire. Amidala will become pregnant and fearfull of Anakins growing rage. She will be hidden away by Obiwan and Organa. She will not die because Princess leia has memories of her mother as described in ROTJ. Dooku is going to realize that he has been naive in terms of Sisdious and the Sith. He will turn on Sidious, only to be struck down by Anakin who believes he is protecting Palpatine. Obi wan will be forced to fight Anakin. Anakin will lose and he will fall apparantly to his death. The Jedi leave and Sidious enters the scene. Anakin is relying on his hatred of the Jedi and everyone else to sustain himself as he pulls himself free of the fire. There he will meet Sidious who explains to him the truth: " Anakin I am your father! "

Superdog
25 May 2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by powalsh
Dooku is going to realize that he has been naive in terms of Sisdious and the Sith. He will turn on Sidious, only to be struck down by Anakin who believes he is protecting Palpatine
Uh, Count Dooku is a bad guy, I thought the move made that pretty clear.

VixenofVenus
25 May 2002, 10:17 AM
If Dooku was sooo bad SuperDog ... why did he tell Obi everything?

... Why did he give the Jedi a chance to surrender?

... Why did he show remorse on his face while he had the saber overhead for a killing strike on Obi?

... Why did he show remorse after 'force pushing' armless Anakin?

... There are too many questions about his motives for him to be a truly established BAD GUY. Vader ... was a bad guy, always was until the very, very end of RotJ. The Emperor, was a bad guy in every movie, even though he doesn't even appear in Ep4 and Ep5 (cept for a hologram of his face). And Darth Maul was definitely established as a Bad Guy. Tarkin, in many ways, was MORE established as a bad guy than Vader.

But Dooku ... well, I don't think George would have him doing all these odd things like showing remorse, giving the Jedi chances to surrender, and telling Obi-Wan the actual Truth ... if he was trying to establish Dooku as a truly bad man.

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
25 May 2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by VixenofVenus
If Dooku was sooo bad SuperDog ... why did he tell Obi everything?

To make him tell the Jedi Council about it, and then the Jedi Council distrusts the senate, and therefore they put more faith in Palpatine and don't listen to the senate when they start screaming, "Dictatorship!"

Because it would be easier than killing them.

... Why did he show remorse on his face while he had the saber overhead for a killing strike on Obi?

... Why did he show remorse after 'force pushing' armless Anakin?

Guess I never noticed that, I'll have to look for it next time...

Superdog
25 May 2002, 01:39 PM

Mace thinks it was so they could be used as hostages or bargaining chips. Seems reasonable.

Donovan Morningfire
25 May 2002, 02:42 PM
As for the looks of "remorse" on Dooku's face, I think it might have been more resignation than actual remorse.

Dooku I'm sure has plans of his own, namly on becoming top dog of the Sith. Which means to challenge Sidious, he'd need an apprentice. His first choice was most likely Obi-Wan, since he'd heard all kinds of good things about him. But after defeating Obi fairly easily (for him at least), he was saddened since it appeared that Obi wasn't all he was talked up to be.

Then in comes Anakin, who Dooku has little to no respect for, and comes a lot closer to giving the old man a run for his credits, showing an incredible amount of power for a mere Padawan. But again, Dooku is the better man. In this case, he was to a small point impressed, but ultimately considered Anakin beneath him.

Also consider the look on his face when Yoda walked in. Dooku looked quite pleased to see his former teacher. To Dooku, here finally was an opponent that could challenge him. Too bad Dooku drastically underestimated the little green bucket o' whupass.

I'd have to say Dooku is as evil as they come. It's just he's not the blatantly evil type. He's more the gentlemanly evil type. Can act all polite and noble, but underneath beats the heart of a villain.

On his "spilling the beans," Alfred hit the nail on the head. The Council won't be as quick to listen to the words of the Senate, since they suspect there's a Sith Lord pulling the strings. And by the time they realize that it's Palpatine that's the problem, it will be far too late. Another point to consider is that Dooku was trying to 'earn' a bit of Obi-Wan's trust and get him to join him as his apprentice. (Not necessarily Sith.)

In the end, Dooku is probably thinking that he'll use Sidious and the Sith ways for as long as it suits him, and when that time has passed, dispose of Sidious and put himself in the top spot. Too bad Sidious is likely already aware of such a thing and is already planning Dooku's demise via a new apprentice, one younger and more malleable, not to mention much more powerful, especially once he gets more fully trained.

VixenofVenus
25 May 2002, 09:48 PM
I understand why you guys see these things ... and I do think they are all obvious and viable things that may be seen to be true in Ep3 ...

But ... ask yourselves this:

Has George Lucas ever been OBVIOUS about ANYTHING in his Star Wars movies!?

For some of us, who grew up watching the movies all out of order, mismatched and complicated before we could barely talk ... its hard to really think about it ... but imagine you didn't know anything from Ep1, Ep2, Ep5, and Ep6. Now think of Ep4 ... was it really obvious in that movie that Vader was Lukes father, Leia was Lukes sister?

Lucas has never been blatently obvious ... in fact, most of the time he a master of secrecy. For movies as huge as the prequels are ... there are still hundreds of things about them that actually don't make it to the internet. For instance ... we all know George has a couple variations of the entire 6 movie saga written in that one binder of his ... but no crazy fan has ever tried to steal it, and no guest at Skywalker Ranch has ever come out on the Net and said, "I saw a peek of the Holy Notebook ... wanna know what's gonna happen in Ep3!?" ... why? Probably because Lucas locks the darn thing up in a freakin safe every night!

Now ... am I saying that I'm completely right ... and your ideas stink ... no, its just, well ... a gut feeling for me. I just don't think Lucas will be that Obvious with Christopher Lee's character. I personally think that Ep2 didn't have that ... climatic "LUKE I AM YOUR FATHER" revelation that is coming ... there is something VERY important that we don't know ... that with one sentence will change the whole series ...

All the reviewers in the world can criticize Lucas' movies all they want ... but he is still one of the best storytellers in the history of the world ... he almost has more people captivated by the Star Wars Saga than the Bible. And that is a truly glorious story ...

But I do respect your ideas ... and I understand why you see those things, but, I just don't think that George will be obvious ... it's never been in him to be obvious ...

Reverend Strone
26 May 2002, 03:28 AM
Here's some idle speculation on my part, some of it backed up with what could be construed as possible spoilers, so be warned...

- The movie will open with a Star Destroyer (or something that looks like an early-model SD) rolling overhead just like in the classic trilogy films. Lucas loves this kind of visual linkage stuff.

- Amidala will be pregnant prettymuch all the way through (Nat Portman has already said as much). She'll pop her twins late in the film I reckon, and not in Anakin's presence, because he doesn't know about Leia. Perhaps he's lead to believe they don't survive?

- Jar Jar wil die saving the twins. I think that's why he was introduced in the first placeandwhy Lucas tried so hard to make him a favourite with young new fans. He wants to break their hearts in Ep III. Atleast- I hope so, otherwise I've given him too much credit and Jar Jar was really nothing more than a bad idea afterall. Think about it- Gungan/Gungadin? Lucas does this kind of stuff all the time too. Was I the only one who noticed that Darth Vader literally means Dark Father? Dooku is Japaneese for Poison, and there's dozens more examples.

- One of the last shots will feature Obi-Wan delivering Luke to Owen on Tatooine. We do know that one Ep III scene was shot in Tunisia during Ep II shooting, to prevent the crew having to return next time round. That suggests that there's possibly only one Tatooine scene in Ep III. It hadtp have usedone of the sets from Ep II, so it's hard to imagine what else it could be.

wolverine
26 May 2002, 12:00 PM
Gungan/Gungadin?? I am not getting this?

Gray Area
9 June 2002, 01:55 PM
Guy's speculation here is fraut with difficulty, second guessing what George will do next is not logical progression of thought. One must look to the popular films of today and yeterday and try to surmise where he lift his next "great" character ideas and scenes from. Count "Saruman" is a shameless copy of a character from another series from another time, he even got the same actor to play the part. The pod race was from Ben Herr, right dwn to the colour of the racers pods. Boba Fett is a case of money, money and more money. The back writing of his character is a result of toy sales, not clever story writing.
In episode 1 Ani should have seen Quigon die this was pivotal, the first person to recoginise his power and fight for him killed in front of his eyes, very important. This would create the flawed relationship he has with Ben. How can he trust this man to teach him when he couldn't save his master!! Maul should have got away, further strengthning the doubt Ani has in Ben's ability to instruct him, he will do a better job he faces Maul.
The Count should have been independant of the Jedi and Sith both, the concept of only two sith stems from the distrust and potential in fighting if there are more. The Count could have been played to further back up this theory. Making ihm yet another puppet of the all powerfull Sith lord feels contrived and only serves to makr the Star Wars Univrese smaller.
We have all written better adventures than the stories we have seen on screen recently, we should continue to dedicate our time to this pursuit and not predictions of the next great series of dissapointments.

Gray Area
9 June 2002, 02:09 PM
Rev, your faith in George is admirable, Jar Jar was indeed as you feared a bad idea. If that character is saved I will eat my underwear, and I will post photos of that as it happens, if not go buy a hat, I want to see you eat it!! You do indeed give him too much credit. If Goerge liked visual connections then why not repeat more of the familar instead of the constant bombardment of "new and exciting" races and monsters. Lets more of the familiar races, Twilek Jedi, Bith Senators, a Rancor in the Arena Scene. These make us feel at home, not loads of new beasties and not obscene plot contrivances.

Reverend Strone
9 June 2002, 02:50 PM
Please pardon this asside folks while I take a moment to answer Grey-

Well, I'm not actually sure how much faith I really do have, but i'm trying to foster some optimism. We live in hope right?

Actually Grey, you sound oddly familiar to me too. Considering your country of origin, I can't help wondering if you ain't a guy I know quite well. Not playing a beligerant Dug in a hat at the moment are you?

Gray Area
9 June 2002, 05:43 PM
Dear Rev, your supposition in incorrect, although coming from the same small is fun. The Dug you describe sounds interesting, when I'm playing and not GMing I play Marik Tensal a Twilek Scout and Pilot, I have seen more of the Galaxy than a lowly hand walker can ever hope to see. Buy that hat, my advice make one of natural material and not too large. I admire your misguided faith, we need hope, but I am afraid have have no more.

Reverend Strone
9 June 2002, 06:53 PM
Apologies Grey, I could have sworn you were the guy. Your views on certain much talked of topics are identical, and like yourself, he's an artist. When I saw you'd posted on the Gunslinger thread as well, I just immediately figured you were he.

Anyway, I've hijacked this thread long enough. Returning you now to your regular scheduled programme.

Thanks for indulging me guys-

Rigil Kent
9 June 2002, 07:53 PM
This is mostly directed toward Vixen: why are you so insistent on Dooku being a good guy? Given some of your previous posts, I'm gathering that you believe Dooku infiltrated the Sith in order to destroy them.

Like Qel-Droma, right? And he only had to deal with Exar Kun, not our man Palpatine.

No matter what Dooku's <i>intentions</i> were, he has Fallen. Hard. It doesn't matter why he joined the Dark Side; all that matters is that he has. The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

As to how I hope Ep3 will go:

1st Act: Final battle of the Clone Wars. Hopefully, it will be an immense space battle that makes RotJ look lame. Thousands of starfighters, many of which will look a lot like TIE Fighters, will go up against each other and, if Lucas does it right, Anakin Skywalker will be in one of those fighters, laying much waste to the bad guys. Early on, we should establish that Jedi are being blamed for the wars, perhaps have a scene where some regular soldiers nearly pick a fight with Skywalker who is only calmed down by Kenobi?

2nd Act: Obi-Wan discovers that Padme is pregnant with Anakin's children, learns Palpatine is Sidious - this will be the reason he takes Padme into hiding. It appears that she has been killed in some manner and, when Anakin comes calling, only Mace Windu is present. Cue ridiculously cool lightsaber fight with Jedi Shaft getting cut down. Jump to scene on Coruscant with Yoda snapping out of his meditation, whispering something cool like "Come upon us, the end has."

3rd Act: Believing that the Jedi are responsible for the death of Padme, Anakin goes to the only one he thinks he can trust: Palpatine who reveals his identity as a Sith Lord. Fight versus Dooku? Palpy points the blame at Obi-Wan and Skywalker goes hunting him; climatic battle on some new planet with nifty lava flows and all that. Obi-Wan tries to talk Anakin out of his rage but fails: lightsaber fight ends with Kenobi taking off both of Skywalker's legs (since they are cyborg for Vader). Anakin disappears over the edge and Kenobi looks over the edge but finds nothing. Sadly, he turns away; this could be a powerful scene with Ewan walking with his head and shoulders hung low like a totally defeated man. Camera shifts to where Anakin is clinging to the edge with his cyborged arm, screaming like a madman as lava burns away his other arm. Someone reaches down, grabs him. It is Lord Sidious who drags him back over the edge.

Next scene: Alderaan. Padme gives birth to the twins. We already know she has to survive at least a little while longer given Leia's memory; Kenobi, now a broken, hollow man, tells them that Anakin is dead but the Emperor cannot discover the children. Padme is overcome with grief; Bail Organa and his wife agree to raise the girl, Bail asks Kenobi what he will do with the boy, will he train him to become a Jedi? Kenobi looks at him with an unbearably sad expression. 3PO has memory flush here?

Next to last Scene: Cue the Imperial march. Vader kneels before the Emperor, does the whole "What is thy bidding, my master?" Palpy instructs him to find the Jedi, "hunt them down, my friend. Hunt them all down." "As you wish, my Emperor." Lord Vader rises, stalks toward a shuttle flanked by STORMTROOPERS. The shuttle rises toward an immense fleet of Star Destroyers...

Last scene: Kenobi comes walking through the sands of Tatooine, Luke in his arms. He approaches the Lars residence slowly as the twin suns set behind him.

Fade to black.

At least, that's how I'd like to see it.

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
9 June 2002, 08:20 PM
Rigil, your write up seems to have many titanic lightsaber duels. I think that, now this is just my opinion, if you overload the movie with duels, the last one, between Obi and Anakin, will lose some of its effect.

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
10 June 2002, 12:19 AM
Okay I guess, it's only fair to throw out my own theories, when criticizing others, so here is my try, though it has things that I obviously believe won't happen, and probably isn't going to be too decent.

Opening Scene:
Obligatory ship flyby is of a transport flying up to a planet, which is heavily guarded by a navy. We see pilots of ship give clearance and allowed through. In the back of the ship we see a commando squad sitting down w/ their gear, and someone standing up briefing them. He explains how this planet is the last stronghold of the Condfederacy, and how tomorrow the Republic will attack, and end the war in what will be one of the bloodiest battles in history. He explains that the commandos will go down and capture all the prominent generals and the president of this planet, for two main reasons. One, to weaken morale of the enemy and possibly force a surrender, foregoing a large bloody battle, and two, to arrest him for war crimes for executing a large number of Republic prisoners. He then explains how they will meet Mace Windu on the ground, as he has been on the planet for awhile and scouted it out. There are then grumblings about how they don't like Jedi, they started this war, so on and so forth, but commander shuts them up.
Cut in to the planet, a large building, at night.
We see boba fett gain clearance to the bulding and deliver a holo-message to an important looking guy. It is from Dooku who says the republlic will make an attempt on his life tonight, and these bounty hunters and soldiers have been paid to help him out.
Important dude looks upset and tells Boba to set up a perimter and to protect him. Boba messages to Auura Sing(!), and tells her to come in and set up a perimiter.
Commandos meet Mace and they attack place, get ambushed by Aurra Sing and legions of thugs. Mace chops up Aurra, then gets ambushed by a furious Boba and is killed by large numbers of explosives and other such things.
Boba Fett escapes, and republic mission is succesful. On his ship Boba, reports to Sidious, where we found out that the only real purpose of this was to get Mace Windu out of the way.

Next Chunk of stuff: We find Anakin and Palpatine talking, and Palpatine is telling him how he is the best Jedi Knight ever, how he is more powerful than his ex-master Obi-Wan, how Obi-Wan was wrong for making him wait so long till taking the trials, etc... They then talk about Padme and her pregnancy, and is mentioned she is expecting a baby girl at any time, and about how no-one should find out how he is the father.

Cut to Jeid Council: We find out that Obi was assigned to investigate Anakin for alleged dark side incidents during the war and such, and tells of how he found out Anakin was sending and recieving messages with someone named "Darth Sidious", who they suspect of being the rumored sith lord that is hanging about. Also, he tells the council that he recently found that Padme's pregnancy was with Anakin, and the council says that not only must these children be kept from Anakin at all costs, because he could form attachments, but especially because he may be dabbling in the dark side, and they wouldn't want his children trained in that way. Obi is dispatched to try and take care of this situation, and we see a Jedi Master tell Palpatine about this as he enters the council chambers to discuss something.

Obi gets to whatever planet Padme lives on, where he is confronted by Dooku. Lightsaber duel, Dooku dies. Obi gets to Padme, and explains everything to her, she agrees to go with him into hiding on some previously unknown (to us) planet.

Cut to a victory parade.
Anakin and Palpy are talking, Palpy asks if he's talked to Padme lately, he says no, and Palpy says he heard that she is set to give birth any time, and that he should go talk to her about their plans to have Anakin train the child.

Anakin gets to Padmes house, finds that she is gone, uses force to figure out that Obi was there, gets furious and storms off to find her.

At hospital Padme, is getting ready to give birth, Obi detaches her personal guard to protect her, as he must go off to testify before Senate on wether they continue to fund the Jedi or not.

At Senate, people give speeches about how the Jedi started this war, and the republic had to win it while Jedi were given desk jobs and glory, and about the loss ratios between civilians and Jedi, so forth. At end they decide to continue the debate another day. Yoda tells Obi-Wan about how he must protect Padme's children.
Then Jar-Jar calls up Obi and tells him to come to the hospital, because she gave birth to twins. Obi and Yoda agree to plant the unknown child on Tatooine where Obi can watch him.

Obi comes to hospital, and takes away baby Luke. Padme and Jar Jar agree to take baby Leia to the Organnas on Alderaan. They travel to the starport, where they see Anakin. He starts to approach them, so Jar Jar sneaks away with child, while Padme trys to stall him. He gets upset and chops her in half.
Yoda senses this with the force, realizes Anakin is at the dark side, and dispatches Obi and several other Jedi to go and arrest him. They go to the planet and confront Anakin. And find him meditating by an exploding volcano. They talk to him, a lightsbaer duel ensues, other jedi die, greatest lightsaber duel in history occurs, which concludes in Anakin falling down into a flow of lava. Obi assumes he is dead and leaves. Imperial royal guard pull Anakin out of lava and ferry him away

Vote on Jedi issue: Senate is ready to vote, Palpy comes in (wearing a black cloak and hood), declares himself emperor, and says to arrest all the Jedi for war crimes (i.e. starting this war). Senators cheer!! Imperial march plays over as we stormtroopers storm the houses of Jedi Council members and blow them away in a hail of gunfire, and we see Yoda get off of a ship on Dagobah, and Obi retiring to a hut on Tatooine.

Some other misc things.
C3po and r2d2 were absent but I assume they would just follow around Padme, and c3po would get a memory wipe.
Palpatine would have ceased the production of clones at some point (or have the confederacy destroy everything on the cloning planet), and started drafting, to make the war unpopular.
Yes, Leia, is supposed to remember her mom, and I'll say it's because of her inherent force ability she does remember a litle.

There, that took longer than I thought! Thoughts, anyone?

Rigil Kent
10 June 2002, 03:25 AM
Couple of things:

First, Boba Fett will only be like 12 or so, thus a confrontation with Windu would go...badly for him. Perhaps if he uses seismic charges & Slave I instead? Wouldn't it be neat if Jedi Shaft looks up from his butt-stomping and sees Slave I wheeling around as a seismic charge hits the ground?

Second, I strongly doubt that Padme will buy it since that would simply cause the Leia-Luke scene on Endor to be pointless.

Third, I think I like the idea of the Royal Guardsmen pulling Anakin out a little better. Good idea!

Finally, I think we forgot Dagobah. In ESB, Luke look around like it was familiar. Mayhap Obi-Wan should take Luke there...or perhaps the children are born there...

I think I may write up an amended version of my ideal plot today while at work. There are some scenes I'll probably steal from your Alfred; saber duel overload noted.

VixenofVenus
10 June 2002, 06:30 AM
The reasons I believe that Dooku is some kind of infiltrator ... or at least he thinks he is ... are not important, they are reasons people mention every day here on the holonet.

And all of your write-ups are great, but for the most part ... there is really only one thing we know for sure:

Anakin will become Vader in Ep3 ... and it will make us come back and see the movie 100 billion times (since I've only seen Ep2 10 billion times, George will make lotsa money)

wolverine
10 June 2002, 12:04 PM
Has anyone considered anything from the EU?

I remember in the thrawn ttrology, mention of a dark jedi of bfashii origin, who went beserk, traveled to a planet called dagoba, and 'supposedly he being delt with by yoda'. Also in the hand of thrawn 2 pack, it was re-iterated.

Not to discount the possibility of dooku, going to fight yoda on dagoba, but is he from bifasshi????

VixenofVenus
10 June 2002, 04:17 PM
If Lucas want's Dooku to be the one that Yoda kills on Dagoba ... he will just do it, not worrying about where Dooku is from (he was probably raised on Coruscant, since he was a Jedi).

Besides, although a lot of you think Dooku will be killed by Yoda on Dagoba, I doubt it. I even doubt we see Yoda ARRIVING on Dagoba, maybe leaving for it, but not arriving on it.

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
10 June 2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Rigil Kent
Couple of things:

First, Boba Fett will only be like 12 or so, thus a confrontation with Windu would go...badly for him.

Didn't the cloner say something about the clones growing faster than normally though, I don't know how old that would make him though...

Rigil Kent
11 June 2002, 02:33 AM
Nope. The other clones have gone through growth acceleration, while Boba is a totally unaltered clone. He ages just like a normal Human.

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
11 June 2002, 07:05 AM
Oops, my bad then. Oh well, I tried, eh? ;)

FlipDog 2000
11 June 2002, 08:36 AM
Personally, I think it would toally rock to see, just in the background, in a regular grey Republic/Imperial uniform, you know...non-emphasized, just a blue-skinned guy walking behind a bunch of other Republic/Imperial officers.
Also, I would like to see Mace assigned to protect Padme, Leia, and the Organa family on Alderaan. Then when the time came, you would assume that he died when Tarkin tested the DS on it.

Rigil Kent
11 June 2002, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by ALFRED_THE_EWOK
Oops, my bad then. Oh well, I tried, eh? ;)

Doesn't mean it couldn't happen. Imagine the scene you had with Jedi Shaft kicking copious amounts of butt. Triumphant, he takes a deep breath and we go real silent. The sound of something metal hitting the ground causes him to snap around and one of those nifty seismic charges rolls toward him. Big boom and Slave I roars off through the sky. :D

Zanus
11 June 2002, 10:31 PM
wow, alot of ideas and things I have not heard before. Now I know I am at the right forum for SW discussions.

anyway, first, what is EU? I haven't seen the full name for this, and am drawing a blank this late at night.

Next, my speculations. First, I don't think Boba Fett will show up. The added (readded?) scene in Ep IV where Boba Fett does that whole "Look, its me" stance when Jabba and Han walk away fromthe falcon tells me that that was ment to be his reintro into the whole plot.

I think Jar Jar's big part in the story has been played in his being manipulated into doing the "full power to Palpy" vote. Ep 1 was ment to emphasize Jar Jar's nievitey (sp?) sense he was only an adolescent at the time. But who knows, maybe this isn't his big scene, I could be wrong. For now though, I am gonna stick to it sense it makes the most sense to me.

Where is the lava thing coming from? I assume this is info that has been leaked from filming.

Ever wonder if Storm Troopers, TIE pilots, and just about any helmeted soldiers in the Empire are clones? I had a rather heated argument with a frnd over this. I pointed out that no where in the "original" three movies do they mention what happens to the clones, all mentoin before Ep II is based on the assumption that the clones are AGAINST the Old Republic, not for them. I am not saying everyone in the Imperial military is clones. The officers are obviously human, and the only ones that are mentioned with names. All troopers, well, the one I guess only have a number. TK321 will live in enphamy :)

I am sure Imperial army and navy troopers, and most garrison troops are normal humans. And there is nothing saying people couldn't enlist into the Stormtroooper, TIE, and other "lesser" tasks, but most normal humans will be directed to officer, or command jobs of some sort.

I am sure you all have figured out the Balance of hte force being 2 dark side users 2 light side users. Forget the whole "but other jedi survived, and the Emperor had dark jedi!" stuff, cuase that is in the books/comics, and lucas has made no secret that those don't count to his full vision. Well, despite including Ayla Secura, that was more of a "I like how she looks" then a "She has an effect on my story" type thing. Again, I am sure you have all figured this much out, based on what I have read in this thread.

I am not going to make any guesses on the actual plot. I am sure Lucas has a wonderful plot in mind. My only concern is how he is going to actually show it. In my oppinion, and those of many of my frnds, Lucas simply should not direct his own movies. Yes, the "originals" wheren't that bad, but that is cause he wasn't under the same stress he is with these newer ones. He has to deal with meeting the same grand expectation (however diminished lately) that was developed from the original three. Anyway, no plot speculations from me, but I do look forward to seeing what comes of it, as long as it doesn't involve angsty Anakin, I will be happy. A brooding Anakin, or a dark Anakin with short to the point lines will be much better then having emotion come out of hte blue.

*wheeze* whew, didn't expect to do that. Okey, time for bed. hope to see everyone's thoughts and personal changes in 12 :)

VixenofVenus
11 June 2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Zanus
wow, alot of ideas and things I have not heard before. Now I know I am at the right forum for SW discussions.

anyway, first, what is EU? I haven't seen the full name for this, and am drawing a blank this late at night.

EU = Expanded Universe ... which according to George Lucas' own words is "Anything not in the 'Star Wars' movies", which means it is subject to be changed by the movies as well, which has happened quite a bit (but not TONS) with Ep1 and Ep2, there have been a few issues that either needed to be seen from 'a different point of view' or they just weren't true anymore (like most of Boba Fett's written history according to Bounty Hunter series books and others like them).

Where is the lava thing coming from? I assume this is info that has been leaked from filming.[/B]

The 'lava thing' is something fans have been kicking around as pretty much TRUE for a long time. It came originally from the Return of the Jedi Novelization (I think it was RotJ, but it could have been ESB ). It was mentioned that Anakin and Obi-Wan faced off after Anakin fell (or during his fall) and they fought a lightsaber duel inside a Volcano, and Anakin was barely defeated and fell into the Lava, which is how he recieved enough massive damage to his lungs and exterior to require the suit that we all wish we were forced to live in.

Ever wonder if Storm Troopers, TIE pilots, and just about any helmeted soldiers in the Empire are clones? I had a rather heated argument with a frnd over this. I pointed out that no where in the "original" three movies do they mention what happens to the clones, all mentoin before Ep II is based on the assumption that the clones are AGAINST the Old Republic, not for them. I am not saying everyone in the Imperial military is clones. The officers are obviously human, and the only ones that are mentioned with names. All troopers, well, the one I guess only have a number. TK321 will live in enphamy :)

I am sure Imperial army and navy troopers, and most garrison troops are normal humans. And there is nothing saying people couldn't enlist into the Stormtroooper, TIE, and other "lesser" tasks, but most normal humans will be directed to officer, or command jobs of some sort.
[/B]

I am not really sure if George is going to go full-clone on this one and say that ALL helmeted Imperial Soldiers were clones ... but maybe we will have a definative answer when Ep3 comes around ... and by the way ... it's TK421 :)

I am sure you all have figured out the Balance of hte force being 2 dark side users 2 light side users. Forget the whole "but other jedi survived, and the Emperor had dark jedi!" stuff, cuase that is in the books/comics, and lucas has made no secret that those don't count to his full vision. Well, despite including Ayla Secura, that was more of a "I like how she looks" then a "She has an effect on my story" type thing. Again, I am sure you have all figured this much out, based on what I have read in this thread.
[/B]

Wow ... I hadn't actually thought of it that way ... but after reading the Ep2 Novelization ... I would still dissagree with you. I think most of the 'Balance the Force' stuff was never really fulfilled until Vader suddenly turned away from the dark-side and killed the Emperor ... effectively ending the two great focuses of Dark Side in the Universe. And there is some stuff in the Ep2 novelization that gives the BAREST hint at that ... but I'm not going to spout off page numbers even though I have them memorized ... if you want to find it, read it slower next time :)

I hope I answered your earlier questions well enough ... and WELCOME TO THE HOLONET! :p

Kobayashi_Maru
11 June 2002, 11:48 PM
*Possible real Spoilers*

What about the lightsaber duel over the volcano/acid pit or what ever between Kenobi and Skywalker. I believe it renders Ani severely damaged and forces him into the Vader Armor.

Zanus
12 June 2002, 04:41 PM

EU = Expanded Universe ... which according to George Lucas' own words is "Anything not in the 'Star Wars' movies", which means it is subject to be changed by the movies as well, which has happened quite a bit (but not TONS) with Ep1 and Ep2, there have been a few issues that either needed to be seen from 'a different point of view' or they just weren't true anymore (like most of Boba Fett's written history according to Bounty Hunter series books and others like them).

The 'lava thing' is something fans have been kicking around as pretty much TRUE for a long time. It came originally from the Return of the Jedi Novelization (I think it was RotJ, but it could have been ESB ). It was mentioned that Anakin and Obi-Wan faced off after Anakin fell (or during his fall) and they fought a lightsaber duel inside a Volcano, and Anakin was barely defeated and fell into the Lava, which is how he recieved enough massive damage to his lungs and exterior to require the suit that we all wish we were forced to live in.

Hmm...I think it will be interesting to see if Lucas follows through on this. I see the whole "anything in the books does not apply to the movies" as applying to the movie novels as well.

I am not really sure if George is going to go full-clone on this one and say that ALL helmeted Imperial Soldiers were clones ... but maybe we will have a definative answer when Ep3 comes around ... and by the way ... it's TK421 :).

It's an idea I like to hold just to throw my players off. Plus alot of others I have talked to have provided alot more reasons that it could be true, at least in part. Like I said, there would be normal humans (maybe even aliens, sense it is starting to be obvious that Palpy didn't have the xenophobia he was attributed as having in the books. individual imperials might have, but it might not have been policy at first).

Wow ... I hadn't actually thought of it that way ... but after reading the Ep2 Novelization ... I would still dissagree with you. I think most of the 'Balance the Force' stuff was never really fulfilled until Vader suddenly turned away from the dark-side and killed the Emperor ... effectively ending the two great focuses of Dark Side in the Universe. And there is some stuff in the Ep2 novelization that gives the BAREST hint at that ... but I'm not going to spout off page numbers even though I have them memorized ... if you want to find it, read it slower next time :)

Again, I don't think the novelizations will necessarily be the true story. I never read the Ep2 novel, nor do I realy have that much interest to. I read most of Ep1 novel, and found alot of interesting info, but some of it I think was found to be untrue later, or something like that. Basically, as far as lucas's version goes, I will only accept the movies, then speculate from there. EU? well, that provides some intresting in roads, but I find it interesting to create a "bastardized" version of the two, mostly to throw my players off :D They already don't like that I won't allow "awakened" clones, or children of stormtroopers. Clones are aware of their surroundings, and any deviency to their "norm" will likely be destroyed. Even if stormtroopers are not clones, I think they would be so thuroughly brainwashed that they would not think to have children.

oops, off target again. sorry. The balance that I see as likely is this. equal number of users of both sides, as I noted. One apprentice (Vader and Obi-wan, both masters in a respect, but not fully) and one master (palpy and Yoda, undisputable masters, especially over their apprentice). Obi-wan and Yoda simply saw Luke as a means of ending the undesirable balance. They might not have ment to make him into a weapon that some of the novels suggest. Luke cut his training short, hardly had time to have the full thing. He just had what little he learned from Yoda and Obi-wan to go on. Yeah, this did help him 'free' his father, but I bet if he didn't go off to Bespin, he would have been a true knight, truly replacing Obi-wan in the balance for the time being. ONly the final three episodes could show what the final form of the balance was ment to take, if it was truly finished, and I believe Lucas has already stated that he will not be doing those episodes because of time constraints. maybe his son, or a subordinate director will do it, but I doubt if they will be as accepted. Ok, enough on that, my fingers are raw<G>

I hope I answered your earlier questions well enough ... and WELCOME TO THE HOLONET! :p

Yes, and thanks for the welcome. I just hope I can get used to there being so many boards around here :(