PDA

View Full Version : Yes, people, you CAN delete posts

Chris Curtis
19 May 2002, 09:33 AM
I've noticed a lot of people posting things accidentally recently (double posts, etc) and then asking a Moderator to delete their post. So, I thought I'd let everyone know that you, in fact, can delete your own post.

Simply go to Edit your post as normal (by following the "Edit" button on the post). On the editing screen, you'll notice at the top a checkbox to specify whether you want to delete the post. To the right of that is a "Delete" button. All you have to do is check the checkbox and press the Delete button. Ta-da, the post is gone.

This has been a public service announcement.

Aaron B'Aviv
19 May 2002, 11:57 AM
Are you sure you meant to post this? you can delete it if you didn't. ;)

Actually, thanks. I don't make mistakes, so this hasn't happened to me yet. But should a fluke happen, it's a useful thing to know, and I didn't know it before.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
19 May 2002, 03:37 PM
It didn't used to work. I know that I tried a lot before and it always told me that I was trying to do something that I was not authorized to do.

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
19 May 2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by FrobiWanKenobi
It didn't used to work. I know that I tried a lot before and it always told me that I was trying to do something that I was not authorized to do.

That's what it always tells me, because I usually only type "accidental post" after I try to delete it.

Reverend Strone
19 May 2002, 06:37 PM
This is highly topical, as I've just made this very mistake (not the first time- sorry guys) and tried to delete the offending accidental post just as Chris suggested, however I was not allowed to do so. The message came up stating I was not authorised to alter the page. What am I doing wrong?

Grimace
19 May 2002, 10:14 PM
I believe, Chris, that only a Moderator can actually delete the post. Even though that option is shown in the "edit" section, most people can't actually use it.

So please pardon my fellow Moderator. I know that sometimes it's easy to forget what is and is not allowed for the regular members of the Holonet. If you accidentally make a double post, please just do as you've been doing and a Moderator will eventually get around to deleting the post.