PDA

View Full Version : attack of the bootlegs!!

munchkin man
19 May 2002, 09:02 PM
Ok.. So I finally just got to see AoTC ...

On my home television!! The quality is obviously less than that of the movie theatre experience but how many of you guys can say you own it?? I also have Blade 2, Spiderman, and many many others....

I love saying it though... I OWN Episode 2...

:D

So-Var Leet
19 May 2002, 09:55 PM
Must ... not ... flame.

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
19 May 2002, 10:01 PM
I have a somewhat strong dislike of pirates, so don't feel bad if I don't give you a congratulary hug.

P.S. Don't be surprised if someone, braver than I, flames the bejeesus out of you.

darth maim
19 May 2002, 10:07 PM
While I generally dislike bootleg movies it's not because I'm morally opposed to a little pirating here and there... I have other reasons. Though Lucas makes plenty of money from people like us so I don't feel bad at all if he doesn't sell some more movies because people allready have them... I personally wouldn't mind having this movie before the next year goes by and they finally release it to dvd... that and going to the theatre several times a day to watch this whenever I want is too expensive.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
19 May 2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by darth maim
I personally wouldn't mind having this movie before the next year goes by and they finally release it to dvd...

You won't have to wait that long since it'll be out on DVD with all the bells and whisles for X-mas.

darth maim
19 May 2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by FrobiWanKenobi

You won't have to wait that long since it'll be out on DVD with all the bells and whisles for X-mas.

Is this confirmed or just hopes and dreams? I thought it took a while to get EP 1 last time... Lucas is sure good at taking his sweet ass time on things isn't he? I'd have filmed ep 2 & 3 simultaneously and not let anyone in on what went where... this way they would be done and not take 2years to get out in between... and also no internet rumors could be 100% confirmed as it may be out a year after it was believed to have happened...

So-Var Leet
20 May 2002, 07:51 AM
I thought it took a while to get EP 1 last time

That was because at first he wasn't going to release EP 1 on DVD. He was only going to release it on VHS.

Chris Curtis
20 May 2002, 08:40 AM
I'd remind everyone to be careful when discussing bootlegging. Regardless of your personal opinion to its right or wrong/morality, it's still illegal. Stating on a public message board like this one that you engage in bootlegging and piracy is definitley not the brightest move. It's a public and semi-permanent record and can be used as evidence if it ever came to that.

In general, I'd say it's simply better to avoid topic such as this.