PDA

View Full Version : Important info for serious StarWars fanfiction writers

jedibrass
21 May 2002, 12:47 PM
Folks, some of you may be seeing me for the first time, others will be seeing me for the first time in a long time. The reason I've been so absent, is that I've been busy writing an epic piece of fanfiction.

No, I will not be posting this epic on the Holonet, mainly because it isn't Star Wars related. However, the site I've been active on is what I'm here to talk about. This site is called Fanfiction.Net (located at http://www.fanfiction.net ), and is a great way for many, many, many people to see and review your work. All kinds of fanfiction are submitted to ffn daily, and though quality is not a garuntee, there are many great writers in each area that like to read other's work and review it. The StarWars section is especially active at the moment. I encourage all of you writers who currently have fanfiction here on the Holonet, to visit ffn and consider signing up (it's free, and it won't detract from the Holonet, since it's submit and review only. no discussion like here) and posting your work. It's a high quality site where your creativity is protected closely, and if you're good, you will get good exposure from the great writers who recognize one of their own. I've found that in the Digimon section, and I'm sure all of you aspiring StarWars fanfiction writers will as well. This doesn't mean, however, that I'm saying to abandon the Holonet. All I'm saying is that ffn is a place I encourage you to submit your work at IN ADDITION to posting it on the Holonet. That way, your work will get widely read, and you can be better known. Trust me, as your name spreads around, and it will if you're good, you will get more and more reviews, and you will gain a name for yourself. That name is a valuable as gaining friendships here.

FFN is an excellent site to stretch your creative legs in the realm of writing fanfiction. It's not a discussion site like the Holonet, but it does offer more in the way of publishing your work on the web in a nice, neat and professional looking manner. You don't submit like here, where you type in your work. You have to upload your work as either a .htm/.html, .doc, or .txt document. I highly recommend this site to all of you wishing for your fanfiction to be seen more widely and to get responses in turn.

Cheers,
~JediBrass (aka Sir Brass of the Pen on www.fanfiction.net )

Ronin
1 June 2002, 09:46 PM
Cheers mate!
I`ve been wanting to expose myself! 8o

I`m also writing a bit of an epic, so i`m posting my 1st chapter there and here.
Look forward to reading your stuff too!

Ronin
15 June 2002, 08:51 PM
One question...how do I actually post my stuff?:?