PDA

View Full Version : Comments on Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Knight) (Conversions)

TC-3
23 May 2002, 10:13 AM
This thread is for comments on the entry entitled "<a href="http://conversions.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?s=fb0b935a4fecaafcc4c820ad8586698a&id=1565" target="_blank" title="This link will open in a new window.">Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Knight)</a>" located on Conversions. Please post your comment on this entry below using the "Post Thread" button; you may also post a comment via a link from the entry itself.

Tony J Case, Super Genius
23 May 2002, 10:14 AM
Please forgive what little inconsistencies that may crop up with this conversion. It was quite a juggling act to make these stats consistent with what we see in the WEG books, a logical evolution from previous conversions AND still stay true to the what is in the WotC book. All in all, I think I got pretty darn close.

Unregistered
23 May 2002, 01:43 PM
Can you not use the WEG as a guide to ensure accuracy for both Anakin and Obi-Wan? For instance you have Knowledge 3D+2, Perception 3D+1, and Strength 3D when the WEG has Knowledge 3D+1, Perception 3D, and Strength 3D+2

Unregistered
23 May 2002, 03:56 PM
Well, in the case of Annie - well, who knows what that dip in the molten lava, then being outfitted with all kinds of cybernetics will do to a person (let alone their stats).

With OB1 - I was trying to strike a balance between Armage's stats and what WEG did. I'm going to claim that any discrepancies between the two are due to the 20+ year gap.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

ironwolf56
24 May 2002, 07:43 AM
I agree that WEG guides should not be "worked toward", after all, they were published before any of the new movies were out so they don't represent some things accurately. For example, I believe from what we saw in the movie, Obi-Wan's piloting skills should be MUCH higher, also his brawling (see what he did to Jango?)

dccarles
15 June 2002, 03:45 PM
I have to agree: you aren't going to satisfy all of the people all the time, and the WEG subcanon ought to be taken as a guide rather than used as a straightjacket. Besides, I'm a D6 GM who doesn't like D20, so I'm happy someone's providing the service for free. I think my gift horse's teeth are fine no matter what they look like.
I do think some stats can and should be changed. Being a GM, wow, I can do that. The stats given aren't The Real Obi-Wan, even if they have 'WoTC canon' stamped across them: the "real" Obi-Wan is a character from the films, and anything else is an interpretation.
Bah. I'm overeditorializing.

-dccarles

Arkanian
2 July 2002, 02:32 PM
His force skills are ok for a novice knight... not for a Jedi who is training others, a master in eyes of a few. And I agree, piloting through an asteroid field isn't easy - maybe R4 piloted his fighter then? :) If not... some 5D ( with help from the Force ) would be more proper.

Bayzon
18 July 2002, 12:16 PM
However, my big question is, why do all of the light side Jedi masters have INJURE KILL in this forrum?!?!?! Isn't that a dark side power?

Tony J Case, Super Genius
7 August 2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Arkanian
His force skills are ok for a novice knight... not for a Jedi who is training others, a master in eyes of a few. And I agree, piloting through an asteroid field isn't easy - maybe R4 piloted his fighter then? :) If not... some 5D ( with help from the Force ) would be more proper.

I dont see it as too over the top. 3D plus the mano of the Jedi Starfighter (2D, I believe) is 5D - or 8D if Ben's using a force point or two - and who wouldnt be with Jengo hot on their tail. FP notwithstanding, I still think that 5D should be more than enough to handle a simple asteroid field.