PDA

View Full Version : The Fate of Dooku

Nova Spice
23 May 2002, 11:49 AM
My friends and I have been talking and we all seem to agree that the Count is struck down by Anakin, completeing his transition to the Dark Side and taking Dooku's place at Palpatine's side. I have aso heard rumors that Obi-Wan kills him and then faces off against Anakin, who joined Dooku and Sidious, and is angry at his old master for striking down Dooku. What do you think?

PxR|LionHammer
23 May 2002, 01:16 PM
I beleive that the emperor will probably put Anakin in the same position where he put Luke in Jedi: Strike down Vader and stand by my side. I also beleive that this will take place prior to The Obi Wan-Anakin fight, once Anakin has turned.

Reverend Strone
23 May 2002, 01:33 PM
I tend to agree that Anakin will take Dooku's place at Plapatine's side, thus completeing his fall into darkness, and will be the architect of the Count's demise, but thee is another factor not considered that may change things-

Christopher Lee is 80 years old, and working harder now than he ever has. I know he found his work on SW exhausting (it was rather physical after all). Mr Lee recently publicly stated his supreme hope that he lives long enough to see The Return of the King in cinemas in December 2003. It is conceivable that the venerable actor may not be available to play Dooku again if his health deteriorates between now and the commencement of filming on Ep III, which is slated for 2005 release.

I would suspect that contingency plans exist for this possibility, but it is worth considering nonetheless. We may yet have a digital Dooku in the next flick who appears only to be killed off, though it is my hope for many reasons, not least of all the well-being of Mr Lee, that he may yet enjoy good health and a productive career for many years to come.

VixenofVenus
24 May 2002, 07:30 AM
I'm pretty sure that 50+ years ago, Mr. Lee made a pact with the Devil to have a part in more movies than any other actor ever ... so he should be alive for at least 15+ more years :)

Just Kidding ... of course.

Superdog
24 May 2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by VixenofVenus
I'm pretty sure that 50+ years ago, Mr. Lee made a pact with the Devil to have a part in more movies than any other actor ever ... so he should be alive for at least 15+ more years :)

Just Kidding ... of course.

Would that be the same pact that Strom Thurman made?:p

Rouge8
24 May 2002, 06:54 PM
Mr. Lee wil live or I'll call Yoda to make him live.

QWERTY
29 May 2002, 02:41 AM
There is the possibilty that palpy kills him for failing him at some point he does have a hell of a temper (dark lord of sith an all)

It wasnt the devil that he made a pact with it was THE dark lords of sith

Qwerty

Dark72Jedi
4 June 2002, 12:00 PM
Everything on the SW site and elsewhere says that Dooku is a very charismatic man. I would say that he is the one that brings Anakin fully to the dark side, getting through to him the way he couldn't get through to Obi Wan by speaking of Qui Gon (almost how Palpatine got through to him by talking to him in his offices telling him that he was going to be the greatest of the jedi). Anakin respected Qui-Gon alot as he was the one that freed him and introduced him to the jedi order, Obi Wan did nothing but talk down to him. Anakin will discover that Dooku is lying to him and that he is being used and will kill him. Obi Wan will try to stop him also seeing that he has begun his descent. Palpatine will end up saving Anakin's life in the long run and so Darth Vader is born.

Just speculation of course, but a dark ending to a series of movies.

QWERTY
5 June 2002, 04:41 AM
personaly i cant wait to see vader chopping jedi into tiny pieces

does anyone know who killed mace windu its gonna be so cool to watch jedi masters die instead of bounty hunters (well maybe not if they become one with the force)

madpoet
5 June 2002, 05:41 AM
As I said in another thread, I think Dooku will kill Padme, and Anakin will strike him down to complete his journey to the Dark Side.

Hey QWERTY, I just started a thread speculating about your question about Mace Windu.

Nova Spice
5 June 2002, 06:58 AM
I doubt Amidala dies just because Leia mentioned that she could remember images ofher mother being sad. Although since this thread is about Dooku, we won't speculate on Padme. ;)

However, perhaps Dooku is the one that turns Anakin.......that I haven't considered yet?? Interesting proposition.....B)

Lord Duguael
5 June 2002, 08:25 AM
Well, apparently scenes of Ep III have been filmed already, just in case Mr. Lee does not survive - same thing that was done for LoTR. Directors fearing that their lead actors are going to keel over...

I do see Ep III being the best of the lot though. We've gotten to see so much more of the people and places of the galaxy in the first two... I always felt that Ep IV, V VI were claustrophobic...

Hmm... At its core (despite my 'problems' with it) I found Ep II to be a great story with great character development. I'm looking forward to the next installment...

Nazgul
5 June 2002, 09:10 AM
Well here's what I think.

I think Dooku tries to attone and go after Palpatine. Anakin sees this and goes no you don't. Anakin's got two things going at this point: Dooku owns him an arm, and Palpatine has been encouraging him and he respects Palpatine. I don't think Dooku is fully given to the Dark Side, he shows too much remorse when he's talking to Obiwan and during the fight seen. I get the feeling he with to the Sith because something had to change (i.e. the political idealism vs. how the republic is being run) and now he's feeling like things have gone too far. So I think Anakin falls when he takes Dooku out (who at that point is trying to save the Republic).

Well this is just me, and I have lots of crazy ideas. :)

VixenofVenus
5 June 2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Lord Duguael
Well, apparently scenes of Ep III have been filmed already, just in case Mr. Lee does not survive - same thing that was done for LoTR. Directors fearing that their lead actors are going to keel over...

Just so's ya know ... According to interviews and statement's made by Mr. Lucas, the only scene they have filmed so far for Ep3 was while they were in Tunisia. And we also know that Christopher Lee didn't go with the cast and crew to Tunisia. So they haven't filmed any of his Ep3 scenes yet ...

The scene I'm talking about is one with not much speculation, it was another Lars homestead scene with Obi-Wan this time (which was the only reason that Ewan MacGreggor went to Tunisia with the cast and crew - since he wasn't in any other Tunisia 'Tatooine' scenes). Most people report that the scene was filmed with Obi-Wan being pelted by sand (which was blown into a storm by huge fans of screen) and cradling something wrapped in cloth in his arms (probably Luke).

Just to clarify what we know that has been confirmed ... by Lucas and by other Very reliable sources.

Reverend Strone
5 June 2002, 10:38 PM
Our resident Vixen speaks the truth folks. So whatever Dooku's fate is, it remains firmly dependant upon the venerable Mr. Lee's continued longevity.

Of course, he, like most of the cast, was reproduced as a digital double for some shots in AOTC, but it remains to be seen whether ILM are at the stage yet, that they might be able to use Mr. Lee's double to stand in for him in dramatic scenes.

My personal view would be we're still a ways off from that yet, and there may well be serious legal impediments too. Lets all pray he has many years of vitality in him yet. The world would be a emptier place for his passing.

Bombaatu
5 June 2002, 11:06 PM
One possibility is that he is struck down by a certain former Master of his (Yoda) in a cave on a certain jungle world...

Jericho_Narcas
16 June 2002, 04:03 AM
I think Anakin is gonna take him out.

Seghast
15 July 2002, 10:18 PM
Bombaatu, that's about what I was thinking... What I want to see is Dooku occupied with something and Yoda comes out of the shadows behind him.
"Unfinished business we have, yes... Your ass, I will kick."

Trigger
15 July 2002, 10:21 PM
Personally, i agree with seghast on this one. Yoda has unfinished business, and he doesn't seem like the kind of person to leave unfinished business