PDA

View Full Version : Comic Con 2002

Reverend Strone
23 May 2002, 09:16 PM
I realise this may be a bit early (Comic Con isn't until the first week of August), but I figured I'd put out feelers anyway-

Anyone else out there planning on heading to the San Diego Comic Con this year?

I'm hoping to make it along as part of the team from my work that go each year. Provided I can make it this year (which a phone call with my boss this morning leaves me feeling more confidant I will), it would be great to meet up with a bunch of Holonetters there this year.

For the uninitiated, the San Diego event is arguably the best pop culture event of it's type in the world. Personally, I'm not really much of a comic freak, but I was blown away by what else was there. It certainly ain't just comics, although the amount of that alone will blow your mind if it's what you're into.

There's toys, games, books, collectibles, trading cards, rpgs, memorabilia, literally hundreds of guest VIPs, including some fairly major people, movie sneak previews, seminars, Q&A panels and so much more. Last year Steve Sansweet presented a special sneak preview of Ep II to a packed hall of excited fans including this geek.

I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who has an even vague interest in SW or other pop culture properties. For budding artists it's a great chance to meet your idols and shop your art around, as well as a fantastic place to meet folks like yourself who are interested in the same sorts of things.

What's more, a lot of the fans who attend go all out to dress up. I've never seen so many folks in costumes, and many of the highest quality (and some very small).

Check out more info here-

http://www.comic-con.org/pages/2002WN.html

So- who's thinking of tagging along this year, and do you folks agree it'd be fun to meet up and put faces to all those funky user-names?

BRodgers
24 May 2002, 10:35 AM
Heya Rev ,

I cant make it to San Diego this year but me and the finace' are heading to Wizards Chicago Comic-con in July. Should be pretty cool. I agree, its a blast to go and check out all of the wild costumes and interesting people...

especially the tiny costumes:D

Reverend Strone
24 May 2002, 06:50 PM
I'm sad you can't make it B, but I'll do my best to represent SWAG as proudly as I can!

Have fun at the Wizards Con.

Reverend Strone
3 June 2002, 05:48 PM
Just scowling down the list of Guests for this year's Comic Con, I see that J.M. Straczynski (creator and major writer of Babylon 5), Todd Macfarlane and Ray Bradbury are among the confirmed VIPs at this stage. Very cool!

I'm wondering what the Wizards' presence will be like this year?

madpoet
3 June 2002, 07:07 PM
It's a bit early for me to say for sure, but I generally don't miss ComicCon and barring unforeseen financial problems, I should be there. Post again closer to August and I'll let you know.