PDA

View Full Version : Bounty Hunters and ships

Slave-1
26 May 2002, 11:12 AM
There has been an ongoing discusion in my games about wich ship or type of ships are best suited for bounty hunters. Most players asume the firespray class is best (i.e. slave -1) but i feel that is mainly just because it used by Fett. Playing a bounty hunter my self, i have rejected using such a ship for my self as i dont want to be seen a Fett clone (even tho he is one himself). I know Bossk uses the YV-666 transport, and most other players in my game use either the YT-1300 or the Ghtroc 720. I am wondering if there is an ideal ship for the lone bounty hunter? Any opions or comments are welcome.

wolverine
26 May 2002, 11:29 AM
Out of the scouts book, the MRX-BR Pacifier.... I have 3 hunters, all with one.

Slave-1
26 May 2002, 11:36 AM
I dont have access to that book :( can you PM the stats and/or an image of one? Thanks for any help.

wolverine
27 May 2002, 03:15 AM
Stats sent.

CoJo the Sane
27 May 2002, 05:08 AM
The Arakyd Helix is also highly recommended. It was in one of the Adventure Journals, I believe I have it somewhere.

Penangallan
27 May 2002, 09:28 AM
The Z-10 Seeker isn't too bad, either. It's in "Stock Ships" (WEG 40150). There's also the Lone Scout-A (listed as "Scout Ship" in 2nd Edition Revised & Expanded).

Gary

Deck
27 May 2002, 10:50 AM
I agree that many scouting vessels are a good choice for bounty hunters. Such as the LSA or the Z-10 would have to be refittet pretty much, as those ships' performance statistics are more appropriate for independant scouts. The Z-10 is a good choice, because with dropped-off cargo pods, it has a tremendously high sped and manoeuverability, but still a small cargo complement and space for passengers. :)

Further examples of small, manoeuverable and fast ships which are quite popular among the guild are the <i>Explorer</i>-class and the A-24 Sleuth (both of Incom), as well as the already mentioned MRX-BR Pacifier.

Regarding other tough small ships, there exists an alternative to the popular Arakyd Helix Light Interceptor, called <i>Zephyr</i>-class Light Combat Fighter. This is a 50 meter long, very fast, manoeuverable and tough little ship. Stats can be found in <i>Classic Adventures Volume 1 - The Politics of Contraband, WEG</i>.

Many bounty hunters do of course also use heavily modified freighters and yachts, as it is common among smugglers, or may even have managed to get a small customs crafft, which usually are well-armed and armoured. :)

Jericho_Narcas
28 May 2002, 03:07 AM
There are a whole bunch of ships listed in Pirates and Privateers, offering a variety of choices to the discriminating bounty hunter. Scout ships do tend to be ideal, as they typically have a large supply of consumables, which can come in really handy during a long hunt. Another good ship in my opinion is the YT-2400 -- it's just a freighter, but even a stock model comes pretty well-equipped.

Jastor
31 May 2002, 03:57 PM
i would say that the firespray being used by other bounty hunters than boba fett is: WANABEE since the firespray stats imho are pretty bad.. why not build their own? (when theyve collected enough bounties that is, and gotten som imperial contacts to help em with the redtape) .. still i had a bounty hunter that flew around in an old Ghtroc.. loaded with 2 turbolasers, a couple of proton torpedoes, .. half the cargohold for stuff and equipment, and the rest space: holdings for captives.