PDA

View Full Version : Ord Mantell?

Wedge in Red2
26 May 2002, 06:41 PM
Hi,

I'm looking for info on the Ord Mantell system. I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place (I'm pretty new), but was hoping you folks could point me in the right direction.

From what I've been able to gather, Ord Mantell is a center of trade in the Outer Rim, and I heard rumour it is dealt with in one of the Expanded Universe books. I've only read the Timothy Zhan trilogy (name slips my mind at the moment) and the Jedi Academy series (Jedi Search, etc.), so I'm not familiar with any other books. I know there is some info in the Mantellian Savrip entry in the Alien Anthology.

The reason I'm trying to find out info is I want to base an adventure there. I like to have wee bits and pieces of my adventures tie into the actual movies, hence why I haven't just created a new system of my own. Ord Mantell and Malastare were the first two systems that came to mind.

Any help is much appreciated, particularly names of books (RPG or otherwise) that deal with this system.

Jon

Jak Knife
29 May 2002, 08:21 AM
http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?threadid=6054&highlight=ord+mantell

Check out this discusion from the general forum.

Wedge in Red2
29 May 2002, 03:37 PM
Thanks! :) I didn't realise there had already been a thread elsewhere about it! I did a search using the sitesearch, but it gave me a bunch of other stuff (mainly character conversions).

Cheers, the info in that thread atleast gives me some idea of where to look (Shadows of the Empire, for example, plus SW gamer #1 and the NJO book)

Jon