PDA

View Full Version : Who is Nom Anor? (Crimson Empire Series)

Arbitan
26 May 2002, 09:26 PM
Ok guys, here's the story...

I read the original Crimson Empire comics a few years back, and I finally got around to picking up Crimson Empire II yesterday. I remember the first one being pretty cool, so I figured I'd read the sequel. Well, I was quick to remember one thing that bothered me about the original. Nom Anor! He was all mysterious in the first one, he even seemed like a Jedi. Anyway, he pops up again in the sequel and they still don't explain him! What's his agenda? Who are the "powers" he serves? And more importantly, is there a Crimson Empire 3, that I'm missing out on?

Somebody give me the info! :D

Superdog
26 May 2002, 09:49 PM
Crimson Empire 3? No. The New Jedi Order Stroyline? Yes.
Go pick up the New Jedi Order books (I'd recommend to start at the beginning, with Vector Prime), they feature Nom Anor quite prominitly. As for your questions, he is NOT a jedi, he is a spy/scout sent by extragalactic invasion force of the Yuuzhan Vong species. (yes, really) He was sent to gather intel about the SW universe and stir up dissent among different planets and peoples to make the invasion that much easier. You'll find out quite a bit about Nom Anor fromt the New Jedi Order.

Arbitan
26 May 2002, 10:16 PM
VERY interesting. I'll have to check out NJO then and see what goes on. His presence actually seems to make sense now.

Thanks!

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
26 May 2002, 10:19 PM
He is also in Planet of Twilight

wolverine
27 May 2002, 02:58 AM
Where is he in POT??

QWERTY
27 May 2002, 03:23 AM
yeah where is he????
thats got me puzzeled (gonna go home and have a root)

Planet of twilight is the one with the hutt jedi in isnt it and the cochroaches that live in people oh yeah and them living crystals

Qwerty

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
27 May 2002, 04:08 AM
He is the leader of the Knights of Whatever that have a BIG distaste for droids.

And Leia's always remarking about how one of the Aides in the book looks like a fake human.

It's been a few years, I need to read it again.

wolverine
27 May 2002, 09:52 AM
The nights of what ever (as you so calmly put it) were in vector prime.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
27 May 2002, 04:38 PM
The Red Knights of Life were in Vector Prime, I am sorry.

Wolverine - I capitailized the BIG for emphasis about how much the Knights hated droids; or am I wrong about their feelings on that matter? (after I read the part about Chewie's death on Sernpidal I stayed up to finish the book 'cause I didn't believe it; so I might not remember it all clearly, I need to read all of the NJO again before the end).

reliant
28 May 2002, 06:41 AM
No, you are right Frobi, they hate droids in a BIG way. Later in the NJO series there are huge gatherings where people trash droids by the dozen.

QWERTY
29 May 2002, 01:58 AM
Dont they dig realy big pits and stone the droids to non-existense

i should of said this before but
Nom Anor is:
Trouble maker in the new republic
More intressted in power (unlike average Vong he is not a religous zealot)
Infected Mara jade with that dodgy virus
Coward
A wannabee shaper (Yuuzhan vong genticyst)
But brick hard in the D20 sytem