PDA

View Full Version : Speed Daemons

Armage Bedar
27 May 2002, 08:15 AM
As I mentioned in the State of the Network thread, we're doing our best to deal with the server load. I've installed a program that should assist in caching and serving pages -- IOW, things should be a bit quicker now. There's no silver bullet, but little improvements like this should help.

I'll continue to post updates on the technical side of things in this thread, for those who are curious. Suggestions, of course, are always welcome :-)

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
27 May 2002, 07:12 PM
I don't know if its these updates or not but the level, VP/WP stuff and the voting pulldown are no longer showing up in the profile window.

Just thought I'd let you know, and the pages have been loading noticibly faster for me though.

Wedge in Red2
27 May 2002, 09:47 PM
Uh, yeah, in addition to what Frobi said (or perhaps it's the same thing, I'm not quite sure what purpose the WP/VP in your profile serve), I've noticed you can't change your additional information in your profile (location, interests, group affiliation etc.).

Not sure if this is the place to be replying, but I couldn't find a "help" menu.

Thanks,

Jon

Armage Bedar
29 May 2002, 02:55 AM
I disabled that for a bit to see if profile load times could be increased. It helped, and I've put them back to see if there's a noticable delay now.

Check your profiles now and they should be fine.

BTW, <b>Wedge</b>, if you go to your <a href="usercp.php">User Control Panel</a> and click on "Edit Profile", you will be able to edit all of those things. You can also click the "Profile" link in the menu bar.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
29 May 2002, 02:36 PM
All of the stats in the profiles are back and they are popping up faster then I've seen them pop up in months.

Whatever it was that you guys did yesterday while the site was down it made the whole site faster.

You guys rule.

Wedge in Red2
29 May 2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Armage Bedar
BTW, <b>Wedge</b>, if you go to your <a href="usercp.php">User Control Panel</a> and click on "Edit Profile", you will be able to edit all of those things. You can also click the "Profile" link in the menu bar. [/B]

Yeah, thanks, the problem was it wasn't allowing me! I could edit my e-mail address, etc., but not group affliation, interests, etc. I have checked now, and it is working again.

Thanks for the help! :)

Jon

Rouge8
29 May 2002, 04:53 PM
Profile speed. Aproximatly 25 times faster (I guess)

Armage Bedar
30 May 2002, 01:59 PM
It'll never be fast enough for me ::frowns::