PDA

View Full Version : Greetings fellow programs! Check this link out.

Fred Getce
27 May 2002, 02:02 PM
http://www.tronkillerapp.com/

I have been told that this is the first Internet Advertisement for Tron 2.0. A sequel to the Disney hit Tron in the early eighties. There is supposed to be a follow up to it June 18th. Any one here have any ideas or clues, or even pirate info on it?

I would love to see a Tron sequel.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
27 May 2002, 02:41 PM
That is creepy

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
27 May 2002, 03:36 PM
According to IMDB, it's set for 2003.

Fred Getce
27 May 2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by ALFRED_THE_EWOK
According to IMDB, it's set for 2003.

I wouldn't trust anything posted on IMDB since they are well known for posted information that is incorrect or has yet to be "official". Still there are a lot of site of fans and movie gurus who claim, with some evidence, that yes Disney is planning on making a Tron sequel with a chance for an EPIII to boot. They are in the script writing phase and may try to get Jeff Bridges, as Flynn, back and maybe even Bruce Boxlietner back as TRON.

"That would be so Wizard Ani."

Rzrsedge
1 June 2002, 12:37 PM
I would give this one a little more weight than other rumours since the address comes directly from the Tron Anniversery DVD. On the other hand it never states that it has anything to do with a sequel though, just that it is related to tron in some way. In the little ad for the website it only shows things from the original Tron.

Rzrsedge
1 June 2002, 12:46 PM
Whoah, my bad. I just went back to the site and it has changed. I went when the DVD first came out and it asked for your security clearance and then the full screen would go black and recreate one of the scenes (the hack at the beggining I think) then crash into an access restricted page (w/o the little blue chip in the page) that looked like a normal one. So they have updated the site and it used to actually take you to tronkillerapp.com, but I noticed it now redirects to Tron20.com. Of course this could be for the upcoming Tron game using the Quake 3 engine that is coming out.

Reverend Strone
1 June 2002, 02:10 PM
The word on the street I've been overhearing is that Tron 2 is a go at this stage, but it's very early days. Bear in mind that the vast majority offilm projects get dumped along the way. This would be cool though wouldn't it?