PDA

View Full Version : Life after NJO...

Craig Feely
30 May 2002, 03:05 PM

Superdog
30 May 2002, 04:36 PM
I hope there isn't too much more after the New Jedi Order, it will seem a little too ridiculous after all this to still have everybody running around having adventures.

Tramp
31 May 2002, 10:02 AM
I personally think that post NJO stories will deal almost exculsively with the new generation of Jedi like Jacen and Jaina and even Young Ben Skywalker as he grows up and has adventures. I also think you're going to see Jaina start her own family sometime in the future with Jagged Fel (if he isn't killed off first, though I doubt that'll happen) including, if genetics run true to form, a set of twins of her own. So, I wouldn't count Post NJO stories out just yet. I think there are still plenty of tales to tell. It'll just be about the heirs to the legacy rather than the Old Guard of the original trilogy.

DJK
31 May 2002, 11:26 AM
New Sith Order! It will all come full circle... :mad:

Smalleyjedi
2 June 2002, 06:54 PM
this sounds right to me.

Craig Feely
2 June 2002, 08:35 PM
Heh, that's not quite what I meant. B) When I said 'Life after NJO' I meant it in the context of '(New Novel Ideas) after NJO' Spanning any time frame, what do you think the authors will write next after they finish NJO??

Sorry for the confusion!

VixenofVenus
2 June 2002, 10:31 PM
The current NJO authors will probably use the close of the NJO series to work on their own stuff. As for other Star Wars books after this ... there will probably be some books filling in the blanks between movies of the new and old series once again. Remember, there is an 18-20 year gap between Ep3 and Ep4 that has never really been filled because we never had Ep3 ... and once Ep3 comes out, there will be tons of things to write books about.

And once Ep3 comes out, there will also be some Pre-Ep1, and in-between books that can't be written now because they would give parts of Ep3 away ... so I think that will be the major focus of Star Wars books in the years Post-NJO.

Talonne Hauk
3 June 2002, 12:22 AM
I think life after the NJO will deal with rebuilding efforts, a loose governmental system, and hunting down rogue Peace Brigadiers. The Imperial Remnants may be a threat, because comparitively, they'll be organized and largely untouched. I don't think that our heroes from Episodes IV - VI will be left out of the picture, but I do think they will have a diminishing role over time.

Tramp
5 June 2002, 03:51 PM
I doubt the Imperial remnant will be untouched so I doubt they'll become a threat again. Story wise though, like I said earlier, the writers are going to, more than likely, deal almost exclusively with the next generation of characters like the Solo twins and their signifigant others and families, as well as Ben Skywalker as he grows up. You might see appearances of the older cast, but they will not be the focus of the stories any more.

Rouge8
5 June 2002, 05:00 PM
I think the Vong are bye bye and there will be reconstruction, Jacen top jedi, Ben Skywalker. Jaina and Jag are married and have kid named Sooniter Fel

Tramp
5 June 2002, 06:20 PM
Jaina and Jag will almost certainly marry and more than likely have twins of their own as that tends to run along the female bloodline. I also think Jacen will end up married to Tenel Ka. They've already established a budding relationship in the YJK books as well as a deeper connection in the Force between them in the NJO.

Craig Feely
5 June 2002, 07:28 PM
I would like to agree with you about Jacen and Tenel Ka, but SPOLIER: with Tenel Ka recent election to Queen Mother, I find it unlikely that she will attempt any sort of relationship with him now. And also, if they were following suit, Jaina would be hooked up with Zeke not Jagged Fel, right?

It would be romantic though, wouldn't it? :)

Tramp
6 June 2002, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Craig Feely
I would like to agree with you about Jacen and Tenel Ka, but SPOLIER: with Tenel Ka recent election to Queen Mother, I find it unlikely that she will attempt any sort of relationship with him now. And also, if they were following suit, Jaina would be hooked up with Zeke not Jagged Fel, right?

It would be romantic though, wouldn't it? :)
In answer to your concerns about Tenel Ka and Jacen Think about this:Tenel Ka will need to produce an heir. And with Ta Chume no longer interfering with her affaires I don't think that there will be any problems with her and Jacen's relationship. Personally, I think Isolder would approve of her choice of consort. As far as Jaina goes, her and Zekk's relationship endedsometime between YJK and NJO. They even said that she didn't have the same connection with him in the Force that Jacen had with Tenel Ka. However she did feel it with Jag, even though he didn't have any Forca sensitivity. The two of them are a perfect match. They're both excellent pilots with complimenting personalities, and it brings the Skywalker/Solo and Antilles clans together which is highly appropriate story wise. It's her destiny to be with Jagged Fel, not Zekk

Urshawada
1 July 2002, 05:32 AM
++++spoilers++++++

I agree with what everyone is saying about what the characters are going to do and who is going to get together.
I think the next major conflict is a droid rebellion. Think about it, the Vong have caused a droid holocaust, and all the thinking C-3PO is doing about permanent deactivation. (See what happens when you donít do the regular factory suggested memory wipes.) And heís talking to YVH A1-A about it. Then there is the droid incident that Han helped out with on the agro world. And finally what are they going to do with all the war droids that are running around the galaxy, deactivate them? Do you think they will willingly let them selves be deactivated. I donít think so.
Droid will see themselves as the last slaves in the New Republic, and will fight for droid rights! A1-A will be their heroic leader and C-3PO as the droid spiritual guide. 8o

Zanus
1 July 2002, 11:33 AM
I agree with VixenofVenus. I really don't think that anything should be done after NJO story wise. It would be really hard to top the Vong for stories. You would end up witha series of comparable quality as "The New Rebellion" "Crystal Star" and "Children of the Jedi" all of which I thought absolutely stunk. New authors may have some things that will come to mind for adventures, but I think it will be relegated to children stories, like YJK (that was the impression I got of that series, I could be wrong)

I think filling in between EpIII and IV is a great idea, as long as lucas leaves room for that to happen. There has already been some work toward that end, with the Han Solo Trilogy. We may even see another "Shadows of the Empire" style multi-media endeavor a year or two after EpIII.

As for before EpI, isn't the jedi knight/sith war comic books pretty much got the market cornered in that area? I doubt there would be many stories they could tell besides what has already been taken.

The more I think about it, the more likely I think it is that once the NJO is over, you will only see books supporting the movies, and that will be it. Star Wars will start to fade into nothingness. Its been a good run, might as well end it on a good note...

EDIT: as I was posting this, I got to thinking of something else. Sense Lucas has said he is not gonna make EpVII thru IX, maybe a few years after EpIII is released, he will have the episodes released in Novel form so people can see what he had planned. It might start a whole new series of books, or a complete revisiting of the old books to make them match the last three episodes. Coarse I would be more inclined to the former, sense it gives more lee way for writers, as opposed to trying to follow the 'old' EU. This would proly be something that would wait about ten years before you see it happen though. They would need to build anticipation for such a come back. Assuming one of Lucas's kids, or close compatriots doesn't decide to do the last three episodes.

Pel
7 July 2002, 10:16 PM
I also believe the post NJO era will focus on the progeny of the Heroes of Yavin getting into all sorts of new and interesting adventures (hopefully not at the cost of quality). These will be supplemented with Tales of Han Solo, Luke Skywalker: Tales of a Moisture Farmer, etc. Just to keep us members of the old guard happy.
Although, I also believe that Luke will die before this whole Vong debacle is over.

Jax
29 July 2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Zanus

The more I think about it, the more likely I think it is that once the NJO is over, you will only see books supporting the movies, and that will be it. Star Wars will start to fade into nothingness. Its been a good run, might as well end it on a good note...

Just to delurk for a moment...with the advent of the online Star Wars:Galaxies, I don't forsee Star Wars fading any time soon. Lucas & Co. seem to see the MMP game driving the franchise forward in years to come.

I would agree that the Yuuzhan Vong would be a tough act to follow, however.

phoenixbrose
30 July 2002, 12:41 PM
One novel is almost guaranteed to be written after the NJO is done: Luke and Leia learning about their father and mother and the Jedi of the Old Republic. Something to tie in the twins and the Prequels. I remember reading somewhere that this was going to happen, but it was speculated that it wouldn't be until after Episode III.

Other than that, I agree that it will probably be the children of Han / Leia and Luke/ Mara that take center stage. They're already moving that way, even in the NJO books. I mean, Dark Journey is almost solely Jania while Traitor is supposed to be almost solely Jacen (from what I've seen - haven't read it yet). Authors might do some fill in the blanks for the EU series, and definitely some bridge novels for Episode III to Episode IV; maybe more prequel novels.

One other idea, take the Old Guard backwards: the rise of Sidious / Palpatine; Yoda as a Padawan and Knight; Dooku and Yoda as Master and Apprentice; even Talon Karrde as a beginning smuggler amassing his authority. That of course depends on Lucas loosening the restrictions he's put on the characters for the authors.

phoenixbrose
30 July 2002, 12:43 PM
That is, the rise of Sidious / Palpatine as in his training in the Force and becoming a Sith.