PDA

View Full Version : my thoughts on the majore plots of episode 3 aside from amidala's involvment, long

Kallimir
30 May 2002, 06:11 PM
now besides the obvious, the fact that lucas hadn't created the name yet. darth sidious has to be removed before chancellor palpy can get a chance to become emperor palpy.

well my theroy is that anikan get thrown out of the jedi because he maried amidala and probably some other thing he does in the begining of episode 3. he then meets sidious and begins his training as a sith lord. soon after the jedi find out about this and obi-wan tries to stop him. in doing so obi-wan kills sidious and then anikan and obi-wan fight their epic battle as described in the novelization of return of the jedi. now after obi-wan beats him palpy shows up and revieles himself to anikan that he was sidious and the sidious that obi-wan kills was really a clone. and thats when anikan really becomes darth vader and then hunts down and destroys the jedi.

now this is only my opinion but i think that its a pretty good one based upon some of the events described in episode 2 mainly about the clones. now you are probably wondering about dooku, well he is a minor character who will probably die sometime in the movie. his involvment is really minor and just really filler untill anikan shows up and becomes palpy's new apprentice. hey anikan could probably kill for what he did to him in episode 2 further driving anikan down the dark path. i would like any and all opinions either for or against. because i like a good debate now and then. thanks for your time.

dgswensen
30 May 2002, 07:24 PM
I think they're all good points, except I don't think Palpatine and Sidious are clones. I think they're the same person and the whole "clone" angle doesn't wash with me -- if for no other reason that Palpatine is far too smart to risk going up against himself, and if he needs a less intelligent / more docile henchman, why clone himself? Someone like Dooku does the job just fine, and wouldn't incriminate Palpatine if he were discovered.

VixenofVenus
30 May 2002, 07:26 PM
Well ... your ideas are ... um ... too simple I guess. If Ep3's storyline were this simple ... I would hate it. So far ... the prequels have been similar to their companion movies in the first trilogy.

Ep1 and Ep4 were intro movies, getting you into the action and introducing the enviornment, story, and characters.

Ep2 and Ep5 were movies of romance and darkness. The bad guys are winning and the good guys can't seem to keep up.

Ep3 (probably) and Ep6 are movies of new birth (the twins and the new republic), as well as defeat of evil (the clone wars are over, Emperor Palpy creates the New Order ... Which according to fiction was seen at first as a GOOD thing).

So what do I think ... besides how Anakin and Amidala and the twins and his fall are involved in the story, it will be about the end of the clone wars ... and in the weakness of the Republic, Palpy will name himself Emperor, introduce his 'New Order' (similar to FDR's New Deal ... odd coincidence aye?), and the Empire will be formed by it. Dooku will be killed along with a bunch of Jedi ... maybe importantly to the storyline, but maybe not. And finally, Obi, Yoda, Padme, and the Twins will go into hiding. Other than details ... the end.

st-153-45
31 May 2002, 10:28 AM
besides what is obvious.......anakin, amidala the twins....;

dooku is the dark jedi yoda hunts down to dagobah their ships crash and he cant get of the planet anymore :)

mace windu along with some other jedi masters will be shot down in space by captain thrawn in the outbound project

or windu will be assasinated by the then young boba fett

in the end of ep 2 dooku flies to an industrial part of coruscant, this is were anakin and obi will have their showdown because obi found sidious lair and tries to hunt him down ( anakin will try to prevent this)

after obi defeats anakin he will take the twins to owen and bail for hiding and become a hermit on tatooine

well just a few thoughts on the top of my head in just two minutes so........

BrianDavion
31 May 2002, 10:39 AM
your using the EU for some of your info. bad idea since the EU Lucas has over idden time and again

DarthMalaryush
31 May 2002, 11:05 AM
Does anyone think that Lucas will run with the old rumor that was once flying around, that Anakin was dumped into a pool of lava during a fight with Ben?

dgswensen
31 May 2002, 11:16 AM
That "rumor" is straight out of the Return of the Jedi novelization. How valid it is depends entirely on how much poop the author got from Lucas back in the day. If it was anything like it is now with Terry Brooks and R.A. Salvatore, I'd be willing to put stock in it -- both those guys seemed to get a lot of inside scoop to help with the novelization.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that's what happens, but, of course, we'll all have to wait and see.

VixenofVenus
31 May 2002, 04:35 PM
With as much HYPE as there is about the exact HOW's and WHY's of Anakin's Transformation into Mr. VADER in the Digital Monkeysuit ... I think that Lucas will do one of two things:

a) Use the old novelization description of a duel with Obi and Ani and lava ... and make it darn cool and complicated with things we don't know about ...

b) Do something different and inventive, but so cool that we can't help but think that the previous EU answer for the man in the suit just wasn't cool enough. In other words, SPOILER, he will pull a 'fighting-yoda' on us.

Kallimir
31 May 2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by dgswensen
I think they're all good points, except I don't think Palpatine and Sidious are clones. I think they're the same person and the whole "clone" angle doesn't wash with me -- if for no other reason that Palpatine is far too smart to risk going up against himself, and if he needs a less intelligent / more docile henchman, why clone himself? Someone like Dooku does the job just fine, and wouldn't incriminate Palpatine if he were discovered.

well no i don't believe that sidious or palpy was a clone the whole time, i probably should've mentioned that. what i meant was that the sidious that obi would undoubtably kill in order for palpy to not have to come up with some goofball reason to drop the sidious name.