PDA

View Full Version : Buying D6 Books

Jedi_Staailis
30 May 2002, 08:34 PM
A friend of mine is looking for a way to buy D6 books (preferably online). I've never needed to do anything like that, so I had no idea of where to start. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Chris Curtis
31 May 2002, 06:54 AM
I swear... we need to have an "important" thread at the top of this forum for this subject it comes up so often...

Dragon's Trove
http://www.dragontrove.com/

Noble Knight Games
http://www.nobleknight.com/

Titan Games
http://www.titangames.com/

Advanced Book Exchange
http://www.abebooks.com/
(search for publisher "West End Games" and keywords "Star Wars")

Ebay
http://www.ebay.com/

farr0095
31 May 2002, 07:00 AM
A favorite of mine, and the owner is very nice and helpful, is:
Star Wars Seller (http://www.swseller.com)
www.swseller.com (http://www.swseller.com)

He also has many other SW items for sale. To find the RPG items, go to SW for Sale and then look under Games from his drop down menu.

And I agree with Chris, this would be a good thread to tag at the top. :)

Deck
31 May 2002, 07:38 AM
This <i>is</i> in fact an important thread, because this is an often asked question by many people. I see that Chris Curtis and farr0095 already mentioned nearly all scoures for the books...

... However, here is another one: ;) <a href="http://www.cyberdungeon.com/Generated/GameSystems/20844.html" target=_blank><b>Cyberdungeon.com</b></a>

farr0095
31 May 2002, 07:43 AM
However, here is another one

Sure, sure... always with it, they are. "There is another..." ;)

First another Skywalker, then another place to buy books. What next, another Prequel? :p

:D

Jedi_Staailis
31 May 2002, 08:18 AM
it comes up so often...

Sorry about that. I should have just looked through the archives instead of bugging all of you.

But now that I've checked, there isn't anything in the last thirty days so I guess it was time for someone to ask the same question again. :rolleyes:

Deck
31 May 2002, 08:26 AM
Hey, I did not critisize you. ;) I critisized ourselves because we should have made this already much earlier. :)

Jedi_Staailis
31 May 2002, 10:47 AM
I never meant to imply that you did. I meant to criticize myself and apologize for a moment of stupidity. I'm entitled to my fair share of such moments, after all. :D

Thanks to all for your help. I'll forward along the link to this thread to my friend, and maybe I'll be able to convince him to join the Holonet when he sees how awesome a resource it is.

wolverine
2 June 2002, 03:36 PM
You can change the number of days the list shows, like to 45 days, 60 days, 90 days, 6 months, 1 year, and from the begining...

Just a heads up.

Dr_Worm
7 June 2002, 10:52 PM
I have two copies of "Tramp Freaigters" and would be happy to unload one to someone. I actually bought another on Ebay without looking at my collection carfully enough.

So I was thinking 10.00+S&H (whis is exactly what I payed for it)

Any takers?

Rouge8
8 June 2002, 06:06 PM
How about the main rules

Chris Curtis
8 June 2002, 08:01 PM
Check the sources that we listed in the first replies in this thread, Rouge8. There are quite a few choices and I can pretty much guarantee that you'll be able to find a copy of the main D6 rulebook. In fact, you can probably find all three: 1st Edition, 2nd Edition, and 2nd Edition Revised & Expanded.

Dr_Worm
8 June 2002, 08:16 PM
BTW: GG6: Tramp Freighters is sold...I will relist if the sale does not get completed, but I expect it will.

Rouge8
10 June 2002, 06:04 PM
Sorry I was tired.

Ineti
8 July 2002, 11:07 AM
I have a ton of d6 books for sale on eBay right now. I didn't post any of the old rulebooks because I didn't think anyone would want them. I have the original d6, the 2nd edition, and the revised and expanded 2nd edition.

Is there really interest for those?

Mwnci
8 July 2002, 02:22 PM
Errrrr sorry folx

Im gonna ask a question and everyone's gonna shout at me lol

Ive had a look at those places you have suggested Chris but I am one of those odd people who lives in England, wonderd if anyone knew of any U.K. dealers in old D6 books? Although if i have to I may import books from the U.S. often the postage from the states can be pricey for the books.

Thanks if anyone can help

Chris Curtis
8 July 2002, 05:01 PM
The "Advanced Book Exchange" site I listed may include some overseas dealers/bookstores. While most stores will ship internationally, you're quite correct that postage can get pricey.

I'd suggest sending a Private Message to the following members, since they all live in England:
Emperor Xanderich II
The Admiral
Deano

If you get any good answers, either encourage them to post them here in this thread or do so yourself. That way everyone can benefit.

Anth
9 July 2002, 03:22 PM
In reply to the person from the UK wishing to purchase D6 books, I may/may not be able to help. I no longer play SWRPG and am looking to sell my entire collection which consists of some 55 books, 1 box set and 3 gamesmaster screens. Covering first edition, second edition and second edition revised.

Besides E-bay, I was wondering if anyone knew of any other places where I may be able to sell this collection? Or know of anyone who may be interested. Thanks.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
9 July 2002, 03:31 PM
Right Here

Just make a new thread in the Trader's InfoNet with the book names and what you what for them.

Troy Henist
10 July 2002, 12:35 AM
Anth, If you are selling I would definatly be intrested in buying. Let us know what you got and how much you want for them.

Moose
15 July 2002, 04:55 AM
I have a ton of books and would b willing to sell for reasonable prices if your are interested email me at moose_78@hotmail.com and in the subject put in bold STAR WARS BOOKS so i dont delete it by accident! Hope this helps someone.

Moose
8 August 2002, 11:19 AM
I regret to inform that after much searching I have been unable to locate my D6 books, they may be at my house in IL, but I will not be there for quite some time. If i do find them I will repost and inform all of you...sorry for the tease.

Ash DuQuennes
22 August 2002, 10:17 AM
I have a healthy number of books for sale right here on the Trader's InfoNet. Just look for the thread SW RPG Books For Sale, D6 & D20 (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?threadid=9055) started by me. A few have sold already.

It's not an auction; it's strictly first-come-first-served, and I'm checking date/time stamps to resolve any ties (one of my customers beat another prospect by a measly 4 minutes!) for a particular product.

And as an extra, I'm donating 10% of my final sales to the HoloNet as an honorarium. So buy my books and support the HoloNet all at the same time!

Gulmyros
21 September 2002, 07:39 PM
Hey there.

Anybody know where I can get my hands on a copy of Platt's Smuggler's Guide?

I've checked the links at the beginning of this thread (which were a great help), but didn't turn up this particular book at any of them.

Other ideas? Somebody looking to unload their copy?

Thanks.

D. Lobkowicz
27 October 2002, 08:03 AM
I'm looking for some of the core D6 or D20 rule books, and since most of these posts are pretty old, I figgered to post it instead of messaging y'all. If you have any you want to get rid of, send me a pm.

Matter of fact, if you have any books you want to part with, I might want them too, so send a message. Danke schon

-D. Lobkowicz

leighangelj
29 January 2003, 12:02 PM
hi all
i recently found a site where you can find "used and rare star wars books". This includes roleplaying books from both Wizards of the Coast and West End Games as well as any novels from the expanded universe and special releases of books put out in relation to the movies. The prices are pretty reasonable and stay pretty reasonable even after shipping and handling costs. I'm posting the link here for anyone who's interested. http://dogbert.abebooks.com/abe/BookSearch?tn=star+wars&ph=2&ccreate=Y
this is what i have bookmarked, however you can probably find it just by going to http://dogbert.abebooks.com and following links. If the link doesn't work, all i can suggest is highlight the link and copy/paste it into the address bar (i've had problems posting links before). Anyway hope this helps ya'll.

Chris Curtis
30 January 2003, 06:12 AM
Yes, the Advanced Book Exchange is definitely a very powerful resource, leighangelj. I'm pretty sure I included a link to the main site and some comments on it when I first suggested places to find books.

I've ordered through ABE several times in the past and been quite satisfied with the service.

leighangelj
30 January 2003, 10:09 AM
sorry chris
i missed it when i read your post; i didn't know it was called Advanced Book Exchange as i'd only seen abebooks written on the site and i didn't pay attention to the link.
again, sorry

muzishun
10 February 2003, 09:17 AM
Well, I have been looking into posting my d6 books on eBay, but since there's a thread already here, I'll just offer them to the folks at the network first. I have about two dozen books, all in very good to near mint condition. If you are looking at buying some books, email me and I can give you a full list (including ISBN #) of the books that I have.

Chris Curtis
10 February 2003, 10:43 AM
muzishun, I suggest posting a new thread in this forum. List the books you have that you're willing to sell. If you have specific prices in mind, post those. Otherwise, give an explanation of how you'll do it (first-come, first-serve, highest bid, etc.). Payment methods and how you plan to ship would also be useful.

I know I'll certainly take a look at what you're offering.

muzishun
10 February 2003, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the advice! I certainly didn't realize that I would receive such a quick response (a half dozen emails already!). When I get home from work tonight, I will post a complete list of all my books in a new thread.

Armage Bedar
21 February 2003, 05:16 AM
Someone is getting rid of a <a href="http://search-desc.ebay.com/search/search.dll?GetResult&query=star+wars+rpg&srchdesc=y&ebaytag1=ebayreg&ht=1&si=1899453&combine=y&SortProperty=MetaEndSort">*lot* of SW-RPG stuff on eBay</a> right now -- if you're lucky you can snag a good deal on some D6 items.

plunkett
28 February 2003, 04:25 PM
There is another guy with a ton of D6 books on eBay right now.. some of em are pretty rare like Rules Of Engagement and Stock Ships, it looks like all of em end tomorrow though...
click here (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&include=0&userid=adalric&sort=3&rows=50&since=-1&rd=1)

Darklighter
28 February 2003, 05:22 PM
However, the dealer plunkett has linked to will only ship within the U.S.A. Just a friendly note for those not currently located in the U.S. :)

wolverine
16 April 2003, 09:10 AM
Check out Ebay. THere is a crud load of stuff....

But no one out bid me for any of the stuff i am looing at (garhkal is my ebay sig)..!!!!!

Hargon
16 April 2003, 03:56 PM
Most of the stuff listed is probably mine hehehe
Feel free to check it out and bid... high! :)
Seller ID on ebay: Adalric

gorgeous_time
19 September 2003, 12:46 AM
as per someone's suggestion i created a new thread with my RPG books listed for sale. email me with offers if youre interested.

Iceberg
24 February 2004, 07:31 AM
In case no one's seen the post, I'm looking to unload my D6 collection in Favor of D20.

UPDATE!!

I have placed the Entire Set of books onto Ebay.

Click Here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3179722952&category=2547)

Moridin
8 April 2006, 07:36 AM
Saved.

Stratos
24 July 2009, 08:45 AM
I have a few titles I'd be willing to part with for a fair price. Payment via Paypal. LMK!

Grimace
24 July 2009, 03:23 PM
Do you, by chance, have a listing of the books you're looking to sell?

Stratos
24 July 2009, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Grimace
Do you, by chance, have a listing of the books you're looking to sell?

Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook - Hardcover. Very nice condition.
Death In the Undercity adventure book - Softcover. Nice condition.
Mission to Lianna - Softcover. Very nice condition.
Tatooine Manhunt - Softcover w all inserts. Very nice condition.
GG1 - ANH (1995 copyright) - Softcover. Very nice condition.
GG1 - ANH (1989 copyright) - Softcover. Nice condition.
GG3 - ESB - Softcover. Nice condition.
GG6 - Tramp Freighters - Softcover. Ok condition (the glossy coating peeled off!)
GG8 - Scouts - Softcover - Very nice condition.
GG9 - Fragments From the Rim - Softcover - Very Nice condition.
Dark Empire Sourcebook - Hoardcover. Very nice condition.
GG10 - Bounty Hunters - Softcover. Very nice condition.

Very nice = could be store new but has a little aging of being 10+ yrs old. sitting on a shelf.

Nice = a little whitening on the spine but otherwise very nice.

Ok = because it's showing actual wear.

None are written in, marked/dog-earred. All from smoke-free/dry environ.

dukaal
17 March 2010, 09:41 AM
Been a Long time since I have posted anything here. But wanted to see if there is still interest in the D6 books, looks like there might be. If so I will put together a list of what I have. I have a descent collection of about 45-50 D6 books, dont do anything with them anymore. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Stratos
17 March 2010, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Stratos

Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook - Hardcover. Very nice condition.
Death In the Undercity adventure book - Softcover. Nice condition.
Mission to Lianna - Softcover. Very nice condition.
Tatooine Manhunt - Softcover w all inserts. Very nice condition.
GG1 - ANH (1995 copyright) - Softcover. Very nice condition.
GG1 - ANH (1989 copyright) - Softcover. Nice condition.
GG3 - ESB - Softcover. Nice condition.
GG6 - Tramp Freighters - Softcover. Ok condition (the glossy coating peeled off!)
GG8 - Scouts - Softcover - Very nice condition.
GG9 - Fragments From the Rim - Softcover - Very Nice condition.
Dark Empire Sourcebook - Hoardcover. Very nice condition.
GG10 - Bounty Hunters - Softcover. Very nice condition.

Very nice = could be store new but has a little aging of being 10+ yrs old. sitting on a shelf.

These are all gone BTW. I sold them for about $3/each at a regional con last Fall.

Nice = a little whitening on the spine but otherwise very nice.

Ok = because it's showing actual wear.

None are written in, marked/dog-earred. All from smoke-free/dry environ.