PDA

View Full Version : fire-sprays cockpit

Mr. Fett
1 June 2002, 09:35 AM
Does the fire-spray cockpit rotate?

This is a subject that has puzzled me for awhile.So any opinions are valued.
This my first post i hope i did it right if not tell me.Does the fire-spray cockpit rotate?

Its2bad4u
1 June 2002, 10:03 AM
I don't think it does... I dunno it just seams that it wouldnt to me

opbrains2225
1 June 2002, 10:22 AM
:raised: I DUNNO DONT HVE CLUE.

So-Var Leet
1 June 2002, 11:55 AM
In the original toy from the movies it did.

Reverend Strone
1 June 2002, 02:12 PM
From what we saw in Ep II, it doesn't look like it does. I had thought it did until then.

madpoet
1 June 2002, 02:14 PM
Like the good Reverend, I too thought the cokpit rotated. But looking at AOTC it doesn't appear to. Can anyone get technical drawings? That might help.

Mr. Fett
1 June 2002, 05:41 PM
I once thought it did not rotate and I still do but, the reason I ask is because some references say it does (example the lego toys and visual dictionary) and some say it doesn't (example numerous websites that provide some good evidence saying that it does not).:?

Master Droid
1 October 2002, 04:35 AM
Seems to me that it rotates.

reliant
1 October 2002, 05:27 AM
I know in the cross sections book it does rotate, but it didn't look like it did in AotC... That scene was hard to tell what was what. Maybe Boba was just really too small to reach and it looked un-rotated, but I dunno for sure.

There are a ton of sources saying that it does rotate, so until I see for sure otherwise I vote that it does rotate.

The Admiral
2 October 2002, 05:25 PM
I think all you can safely say is that in E2 the cockpit is orientated through 90 degrees so that the backs of the seats are parallel with the horizon, and that this is also the configuration they are in during every known shot of the cockpit interior.

However, that doesn't mean they can't rotate. The rotation usually ascribed to the Firespray would position the seats facing into the interior of the ship when in 'landed' mode, this would have the obvious problem of denying anyone inside the capability to look out the window, if not essential then very helpful if you're trying to use the tail guns to kill off a jedi whilst monitoring your clone's ongoing fight.

Two other points;

A: During the Empire Strikes back, the cockpit module is NOT visible through the canopy of Slave 1 whilst Slave 1 is seen in profile as Han Solo is being loaded. Were the seats in the flight configuration, then the band around the cockpit's 'floor' would be clearly visible as a black line halfway down the canopy.

B: The AotC cross-section of Slave 1 details the roation mechanism, but states that the cockpit 'originally' rotated, in order to allow access to maintennance areas and to allow observation of the prisoner hold. One might conclude that whilst Jango operated the ship, he chose to lock the cockpit in the upright position, yet years later, by the time Boba has extensively remodeled the ship, he elected that the rotation mechanism be restored.

Either way though, pay your money, take your choice.

Otonashi
16 October 2002, 10:59 AM
There is an exploded view of the firespray in an AOTC book. It was also reprinted and stuck into a small gamer promo magazine. If you look at it carefully you can see how the interior of the ship changes during flight. Do this by looking not at the pilot seat, but at the hand holds that are across the floor of the ship. When the ship is in flight mode, this floor is now the wall, and these handholds lead up to the cockpit. Once oriented thusly, you will be able to see the new internal layout.