PDA

View Full Version : Chiss?!?

Cordova Bossk
2 June 2002, 11:15 PM
Does anyone know what the Chiss were doing aruond the NJO time? I'm thinking about starting a Chiss campaign.

Nequam
3 June 2002, 01:34 AM
The Chiss have not started all out action against the Yuuzhan Vong in the NJO, however they have sent squads to basically interfere with Vong operations, and or assist the New Republic (i.e. The battle of Ithor with Jagged Fel's squad). Its been hinted that the Chiss have long since known that the Yuuzhan Vong were coming and have been preparing. Most of the Chiss related action in the books comes from Jagged Fel (even though he is a human, he is still a member of the Chiss society) all in all though the Chiss really havent done that much, or at least it hasnt been revelead yet, though I have a feeling they've got something planned..

So really any Chiss campaign you come up with at this point is pretty much all up to you, at least as far as what you can and cant do.

Rouge8
3 June 2002, 06:16 PM
I think they're fighting a war with someone even more powerful than the Vong. And are winning.

Darth Jerrod
7 June 2002, 10:29 AM
You have to remember that the Chiss believe in responding to an attack and not starting one.

Thus they are waiting for the Vong to attack them. But they have sent out scouts to find out all they can about the Vong tactically so they can expect what sort of attack they can expect.

<Spoilers>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
In Rebel Dream and Rebel Stand Jagged Fell and his wingmate are scouting the Vong. They get involved in the action and are divided on what they should do. Jagged wants to stay and help, his partner wants to return home with thier information. They both agree the Chiss need to make a stand and not wait for the Vong to come to them.

The Vong have already agreed that the Chiss are next.

Pel
6 July 2002, 11:31 AM
The Vong have already agreed that the Chiss are next.

So much the worse for the Vong, then.
I do wonder how strong the ties are between the Chiss and the Empire, since Soontir Fel is running the show beyond the Rim. It would be nice to see a combined Chiss/Imperial Remnant fleet commanded by Fel, Fel, and Pellaeon.

"We're going to introduce the Vong to the Empire. They're not going to like the Empire." - General Wedge Antilles.

Rouge8
13 July 2002, 05:02 PM
Poor Vong

jordanian
15 July 2002, 10:56 PM
In the hand of Thrawn Duology, somethign so horrible was shown to Fel by the Chiss and turned him back to fight. I assume it could've been Vong scouts, but I really agree with the earlier statement that there may be something more powerful out there. I mean, if the Chiss knew something was going to happen, they would be responding and fighting now, either they are biding their time or there really is something worse out there. Also, Baron Soontir Fel has lost children in battle, and since the war between Empire/Republic has ended, it makes you wonder how they died.