PDA

View Full Version : The moral of Star Wars?

Martin
3 June 2002, 02:46 PM
Maybe someone's already figured this out before, but...

Thinking about the first trilogy... Vader/Anakin is the father of Luke and Leia...soo...

You have a father torturing his own daughter..a brother desiring his own sister...

Lucas, you are sick, sick, sick.

Grimace
3 June 2002, 06:07 PM
I'm not sure what you're trying to portray with this thread, but it seems like a troll for arguements to me. If it is, be warned that we don't tolerate that here.

Martin
3 June 2002, 06:55 PM
No, not trolling. Just seeing if people here want to say anything either way, or don't care. Besides it is the Rants and Raves forum or should I have put it in another forum?

If this has been mention before, then just ignore my post.

dgswensen
3 June 2002, 07:15 PM
Okay, I'll bite...

Luke was fond of Leia before either of them knew they were siblings. Considering each had the power of the Force, it's not surprising they felt some kind of bond. No harm no foul as long as they knocked it off once they found out they were family. If they keep up the liplock after that, then you've got problems... besides, Leia was in love with Han by that time anyway and only kissed Luke to get on Han's nerves.

As for Vader torturing his own daughter -- again, Vader didn't know -- "Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me." And besides, people are always clamoring that Star Wars should be "more dark" and so forth -- Vader torturing his own child (and blowing up her home planet to prove a political point) is about as dark as a relationship gets. If I were to have any complaints, it's that Leia doesn't seem to bat an eye when she finds out that Vader is her father. In the movie, she barely seems to notice. A waste of a good opportunity for characterization if you ask me.

As far as it being "sick"; the subject matter might be objectionable, but the way it's dealt with is extremely tame.

BrianDavion
3 June 2002, 08:33 PM
leia sure seemed to notice it when I SAW it... she did sort of hug Han and just want to be held...

Dark72Jedi
9 June 2002, 06:10 PM
Actually the moral of the story...the whole story arc is that when in Lucas' world make sure you keep your arms and other appendages inside the bus! Way too many limbs lost in his movies...now it seems he is taken to lopping off a head or two.:D