PDA

View Full Version : Rank the SW movies!

Greymarch
4 June 2002, 11:42 AM
I realize this post might be a little redundant, but I would like to see everyone's opinion on which SW movie is the best, the worst, and all the movies in between. Also, score each movie from 1 to 100, so we can see how much you truly like, or dislike the movie. You also might want to state whether your list is based on your own personal feelings, or if your list is based upon how the public perceives the movie. For example, the Godfather is certainly a better movie than TPM, but I personally would prefer to watch TPM over and over again, rather than the Godfather. Here are my rankings, based upon how great I think each movie is.

1. ESB 99
2. ANH 95
3. ROTJ 92
4. AOTC 86
5. TPM 76

And here is my ranking for how much I personally liked each movie:

1. ROTJ 100
2. ANH 99
3. ESB 91
4. AOTC 88
5. TPM 74

Grimace
4 June 2002, 12:37 PM
Okay, I'll bite.

1. ANH 98
2. ESB 96
3. ROTJ 90
4. AOTC 89-90 (probably tied with ROTJ)
5. TPM 55

These are my views, based on my own personal opinion, not on what others think. The reason AOTC is an 89-90 is because I've only seen it once, so I can only base my opinion on the single viewing. Perhaps if I see it again, it might gain a point or two.

So that's where I stand.

Jedi_Staailis
4 June 2002, 12:42 PM
Boy, this is a tough one...

Ranked by personal opinion
ROTJ 95
ANH 93
AOTC 90
ESB 88
TPM 82

lrdgrifter
4 June 2002, 01:24 PM
Ooooo. A bandwagon!
...times the jump...

1. ESB - 99
2. AotC - 95
3. ANH - 88
4. RotJ - 85
5. TPM - 80

proxima centauri
4 June 2002, 02:01 PM
1. ANH - 95
2. ESB - 90
3. AotC - 80
4. RotJ - 80
5. TPM - 70

ANH is the first and will always be the best... for me.

Nova Spice
4 June 2002, 07:45 PM
Alright...why not? :D

1. RotJ- 99
2. AotC- 93
3. TPM- 91
4. ANH- 90
5. ESB- 85

I know many of you will want to shoot me for not putting TPM at five and Empire at last, but I think most of the arguments against TPM are based on today's overwhelming stench of PC (no, not Player-character, but political correctness). Everyone bashed Jar-Jar, saying that Lucas was "making fun" of a Jamaican....that's crap IMO. People read too much into things nowadays and if TPM had been made first, I guarantee people wouldn't have reacted the way they have reacted in 1977. Then they started saying the Neimoidians made fun of Asians......once again, political correctness screwing everything up.....I personally enjoyed The Phantom Menace, truth be told.....every saga has to have a beginning...and its hard to make a beginning episode as good as TPM IMO. But once again this is just my own opinion.....I've had a long day (broke my ankle for the second time in sixth months tonight).

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
4 June 2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Nova Spice

I know many of you will want to shoot me for not putting TPM at five and Empire at last, but I think most of the arguments against TPM are based on today's overwhelming stench of PC (no, not Player-character, but political correctness).

I actually thought that most of the arguements against TPM were based around it's bad acting and childishness (if that's even a word.) But anyhoo, that's just my look on it. And my ranking is:

1.ROTJ
2.ESB
3.ANH
4.AOTC
5.TPM

Nerpine the Verpine
5 June 2002, 06:31 AM
For me it goes:
ESB - 99
AOTC - 97
ROTJ - 93
TPM - 92
ANH - 90

I realize I put TPM higher than ANH (which some consider a mortal sin here), but I found myself enjoying TPM more than ANH overall. No better reason:)

Emperor Xanderich II
5 June 2002, 08:41 AM
ESB
RotJ
AotC
ANH
TPM:o

Arakyd
5 June 2002, 10:22 AM
ESB 99.9
ANH 98
AOTC 92
ROTJ 90
TPM 68

Greymarch
5 June 2002, 03:38 PM
This is wonderful! I am getting more responses than I had hoped for! I am keeping everyone's rankings in an excel spreadsheet, and after I get enough responses (around several dozen) I will email the spreadsheet to anyone who wants it. If you want the spreadsheet, email me at greymarch@yahoo.com.
Also, try to be COMPLETELY honest with yourself when you post your rankings. The more honest you are, the more accurate reading we can compute regarding how everyone feels about the SW movies.

If you ranked the movies, but didnt provide a score for each movie, then I cannot put down your opinions in my database. Please post your rankings ALONG WITH your scores.

If you havent posted your rankings yet, then what are you waiting for!?! Post your ranking!

Argent Darklighter
7 June 2002, 12:03 AM
ANH-95
ESB-90
AotC-88
RotJ-75
TPM-60

Lokar
7 June 2002, 03:18 AM
ESB- 100 (Yeah that's right 8o )
ANH- 95
AotC- 85
RotJ- 80
TPM- 70

allstar6767
7 June 2002, 08:35 AM
Here are mine

1. ESB
2. ANH
2. AOTC(Tied, it gets the second tie spot 'cause vader looks cooler than dooku)
4. ROTJ(Close behind)
5. TPM(the worst of the five, but not as bad as many people say).

I really get irritated of people saying TPM had a bad plot, ti did exactly what it was supposed to, set up episode II and III, but I will agree, that acting was bad...

Nazgul
7 June 2002, 08:39 AM
OK, here's my list...

1) ESB 99
2) RotJ 95
3) AotC 90
4) ANH 85
5) TPM 80

Krad-edis
8 June 2002, 08:38 AM
I would kind of like to save a space for Episode III in advance, but I can't.....I know what I'll do though....I'll go ahead and put it over Episode I, because we already know that it won't be starring annoying young Anakin and annoying Jar-Jar.:D

Ep V ESB 99
Ep II AOTC 99 (Yes, I liked it as much as ESB....Dooku rules!)
Ep IV ANH 95
Ep VI ROTJ 94
Ep III ???? (I cannot see why this movie won't absolutely rule)
Ep I TPM 78

Stroth Marund
14 June 2002, 02:19 PM
Empire Strikes Back- 98
Attack of the Clones- 95
Return of the Jedi- 92
A New Hope- 89
The Phantom Menace- 30

Thats on overall move quality. Empire just takes the cake in eveything, Vaer kicks butt, Vader kicks Lukes butt, Vader is a badass.
Attack of the Clones- This could be because its new. I liked all the pretty visuals, and they heavily mproved on Anakin, and Obi-Wan Yoda is awesome!
Return of the Jedi becase the final fight scene between Luke and Vader still sends shivers throughout my bod.
A New Hope becuse its a classic, nothing would be around if it weren't for that movie.
The Phantom Menace......
......Lets see, "YIPEE!", Jar Jar, Darth Maul has only two lines, the acting, the kids, that kid can't be Vader, everybody seems to be a fruit in that movie (except for Qui-Gon, I actually kinda liked that guy, and Darth Maul, he was cool), Darth Maul only lasts about an hour and forty minutes, Jar Jar, "YIPEE!"......
....the list goes on.

Rick Vogt
17 June 2002, 02:37 AM
Well, as my message icon suggests......CAUTION!!!

ANH - 99.5
ESB - 95
RotJ - 92
TPM - 90 8o
AotC - TBD :?

These are my overall thoughts. Some had better this and some had better that. I was 6 and saw ANH when it was released in the theaters....lol....actually I saw it at a drive-in. SO that should give you an idea that I'm old and was really impressed by ANH. I refuse to argue over TPM and my rating for it.....I'm tired of the arguements over it. All views are mine and mine alone, don't agree...fine. Just don't lecture me over it.

Anyways, that's my 2 credits.