PDA

View Full Version : New Online Game Running! No Pbp!!! Dice Rolling Included!!!!!

Empireof1
6 June 2002, 05:57 AM
There. Perhaps this will garner further attention?

I have, in the works, a D6(with the possibility of D20) campaign in the works. This will take place approximately two years before the start of the New Jedi Order Era, and will involve as much of this galaxy as we can fit in.

This will NOT be a PBP game, and I have decided to use Open RPG to run it. This program can be found at www.openrpg.com.

I am currently coding a site up at http://swrphome.0catch.com, and I am in need of volunteers. What I need, besides players, are the following:

Editors: Editors will go over the code and point out my mistakes. I'm far from perfect.

A D20 GM: I don't know D20. I don't want to know D20 with Star Wars. But I want players to have a choice. So I want a D20 GM to work with me on this campaign.

HTML Assistance: I'll be doing a lot of things to edit this site, some using Microsoft Word, some in Notepad, still some with a WYSIWYG editor...if you can assist me in this, I'd be very appreciative.

I ask for volunteers because as this is not a buisness, I cannot pay you. I'm not out to make money. I'm out to make a campaign that I hope a lot of people will enjoy.

Please visit the site. Please sign up at the forum. Let me know what you think, and that at least SOMEONE is interested in playing the TRUE role-playing game, instead of the horror that is PBP...

allstar6767
6 June 2002, 07:11 AM
I am a proffesional html editor so I can give you a hand as far as HTML is concerned, if you wanna email me at allstar6767@yahoo.com, my only prob is that I will be gone for 6 weeks starting a week from saturday...

dgswensen
6 June 2002, 07:23 AM
Well, for one, I get a Cannot Find Server error when I try to visit your site... is it down, or is there a typo in the URL or something, possibly...?

Strikerkc
6 June 2002, 07:55 AM
corect me if i'm wrong, but doesn't open RPG charge bu-kues $ to play with their program?

now if it is free or only charges somthin like $1 a month (heres hopeing) and the campain is in d20, i will certainly play. I also know how to make website useing front page and would love to find a place that lets me utilize all of it's functions (unlike angelfire).

one more thing, if it is d20, will it be revised rules? (please yes, please yes)

Sabre
6 June 2002, 11:59 AM
No, OpenRPG is a freeware program. People run their own servers. There is a central server from which you obtain a list of servers, but you really don't even need that to connect to anyone running a server as long as you know their address.

WebRPG is a similar program (Java based instead of Python based and not open source like OpenRPG) which does charge its users a monthly fee. Perhaps that is what you were thinking.

Strikerkc
6 June 2002, 06:28 PM
THATS IT! THATS what i was thinking of, WebRPG, yes, thats the Java site from hell that looks so damn good, then gets so damn bad ;)

Empireof1
6 June 2002, 07:33 PM
OpenRPG is free, thank the Force, and my site works...it's just that I added a little comma to the end of the link, thus messing up the URL completely. Heh.

As for D20, as soon as I get my hands on a D20 GM, we'll run it in D20...I can do the work from D6 to D20, just as long as I have a D20 GM to collaborate with.

Strikerkc
7 June 2002, 03:50 AM
Well i've GM'ed for people before and I have the revised rule book and all the source books (not the campin ones, those are basicly useless)

books owned in D20
-Revised Core Rule Book
-Ships of the galaxy
-Alien Anthology
-Dark side source book
-NJO era book
-Rebelion era book

if you ever needed matirial

Empireof1
7 June 2002, 05:01 AM
What I need is a D20 GM to run it. Its a rather ambitious concept, I know, but I believe it will work. The reason behind having a D20 GM is so I can have both systems running players in the same timeframe, in game time, and in the same area of space.

This way I do not discriminate players from playing this campaign. I know it will work.

Empireof1
7 June 2002, 05:07 AM
If you know of any players who would be interested in this campaign, please, refer them to me, my site, and my forum. I'll be working as much as I can to get the barebones site design running by this weekend.

Strikerkc
7 June 2002, 07:36 AM
I'll see what i can do ;)

Empireof1
7 June 2002, 08:09 AM
Yes, if I can find a D20 GM with Revised Rules, then we will run with that. He/she must know the D20 system to GM with me, because I am a rules geek.

But if we are able to get ahold of the Revised Rules, then I'm sure no matter who the D20 GM is, they will be able to run things adequately.

Empireof1
7 June 2002, 12:54 PM
Ah, the reponse to my idea is overwhelming.

Sarcasm.

Heh.

Anyway, I've got OpenRPG up and running. So that's one barrier down. All I have to do is finish getting the site coded, and we should be ready to run within the next week.

shinyhalo
9 June 2002, 05:55 PM
I have used openrpg and GM some d20.
My experience is that it's easy to find players simply by starting a public server game and setting up the map...macros...then people come.

shinyhalo@cox.net

It's quite a bit of work to come up with new adventures in Star Wars but playing is fun. There just aren't many modules out so you have to make maps and story plots yourself...whew

I just made a new adventure story...have 0 maps for it though

Anyway, I would like to play and can GM some at least in d20.

Empireof1
11 June 2002, 04:59 PM
Well, I'm in the process of moving the site over to Brinkster, so that's going to take some time, as well as the fact that I'm suffering from a bit of a family crisis right now, which is slowing my coding progress...so the site is still being built, but I will go forward with this game...I hope to start playing within a week, hopefully with more players.

PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN JOINING AS A PLAYER!