PDA

View Full Version : Lightsaber colors? (AotC SPOLIERS)

Craig Feely
7 June 2002, 12:32 PM
I.

Jaggard
7 June 2002, 12:46 PM
someone once suggested ( and i've never heard of it before or since) that The blade color was used as a rank system. blue for Jedi and green for Padawans.
I don't buy it but maybe that's an old idea Lucas had that he thought might be good to try to mix it in the movie.

Lord Duguael
7 June 2002, 12:47 PM
This argument has been done to death. (No offense meant)

The technical reason for the different colors is that good was supposed to be blue, and evil red as witnessed in A New Hope.

By the time RoTJ rolls around you have a great big scene outside where Luke pulls out his blade. The blue could not be done properly against that backdrop, hence a new color.

Then... EU comes along and everybody and his monkey starts with a different color (myself included - I have a Dark Jedi NPC in my campaign with an infrared blade - its invisible in most circumstances).

Now, the Lucas makes new movies and the question enters the realm of canon. We have a purple blade in Mace's hand. I recall seeing yellow blades as well though...

In game terms, its a matter of GM opinion as far as I am concerned.

DarthMalaryush
7 June 2002, 02:39 PM
The simple answer to the question, is that Samuel L. Jackson asked George Lucas for a purple lightasaber.
See Making of Episode II Part 10: good to G.O. on line at Starwars.com

VixenofVenus
7 June 2002, 03:06 PM
Gotta give my boy Sam his props ... deep violet hummin' energy bar baby!

BrianDavion
7 June 2002, 04:00 PM
the only offical colours are blue, red green and now purple.

Kobayashi_Maru
7 June 2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Craig Feely
I know that Samuel L. Jackson wanted his a different color than everyone else so he would stand out, but did Mr. Lucas make everyone else's blue and green to further make him stand out??

Actually purple is Jackson's favorite color and it is present in many of his movies in his scenes. Of coarse the great Unbreakable, where Mr. Glass' coat lining was purple. And even in Coming to America when he is robbing MacDowell's, purple is the predominate color in the scene. In an interveiw (either in EW or on E!) he stated that he likes to have that color present in his scenes. Makes him feel more comfortable or something.

My thing is he is the only Jedi we see that has a purple blade. Maybe during the purges (if they show any of them) we'll see more with purple or even diferent colors. Of coarse my Jedi, Kobay, has a purple blade.

Krad-edis
8 June 2002, 08:08 AM
I have had Jedi NPCs who have had the following types of blade colors:

Orange- made from artificial crystals (not the greatest concentration and the builder was just starting out)

Rust- enhanced power source (a little darker than the intended red coloration, but definitely a little more bite to the blade)

Gold- good harmonic balance ( The yellow crystal was well placed and made a natural focusing lens. The blade power was increased due to the decent output of energy allowed by the harmonics)

Gray- powered by blaster packs (starts out as a green blade, but with every hit upon something instead of energy, the blade becomes drained and takes on a grayish hue, hinting at a needed re-charge)

Teal- great crystal harmonics and excellent balance (the dark intense blade made by an exceptionally pure deposit of Adegan was put together by a true Master Jedi. A truly responsive and deadly weapon, not to mention virtually silent)

I believe that when a saber is created, depending on the level of person working on it and the parts available, it may have flaws or come to a certain level of perfection where sound output and color variation come into play. I also have a tendency to give player characters who successfully create their own lightsabers the right to choose what color they want it to be. How noisily the blade hums or how light or dark the hue is depends on their lightsaber construction rolls. ;) This can be a lot of fun.

I am not exactly sure why Lucas made the green and blue colors only(with the Mace exception). I would like to see some more yellows, oranges and violets in Episode III. I think the Lucas Arts video game "Jedi Power Battles" had different colors, Plo Koon's goldish yellow blade that I am thinking about in particular. I don't see why we wouldn't see some of those in Episode III.....

So-Var Leet
8 June 2002, 01:10 PM
I personally prefer a yellow or green blade. There is just something about them that I like so much, and no, I can't explain it. Maybe it's the "cool factor" or something.

technopooka
8 June 2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by BrianDavion
the only offical colours are blue, red green and now purple.

That is kinda limiting don't you think. Hell my Twi'lek Jedi has an orange Saber. Orange is what fit her personality.

IMHO I think that the Saber should fit the jedi. Use what ever color is good for you.

Jedi_Staailis
8 June 2002, 05:15 PM
I'm pretty sure there is an orange blade in the trailer for Episode II. I don't recall the actual movie, and my computer is refusing to play the trailer, so I can't check for sure. However, assuming that the particular shot in the trailer made it into the movie, orange could also be considered an official color.

VixenofVenus
8 June 2002, 10:53 PM
I think one of the coolest lightsabers a player of mine ever had was a 'light-axe' ... it had like four different crystals in it, giving it a rusty-yellow brown color, but the blade was focused in a way so that it was wide but short, and the handle was about 1.5 times the length of even Darth Maul's lightsaber.

I still think that Purple is the coolest lightsaber color ... except for the classic red and those who dare to have a pure white blade ... but the 'light-axe' was surely memorable.

Jastor
10 June 2002, 04:18 PM
i have a theory of why some sith are ysung red colors..

the color of the blade is because the type of the crystal in the lightsaber, and sunce uts most likely that they build their own, isnt it reasonable that that crystal i "common" (in some senses) on (dont remember the sith planet name .. )

Craig Feely
11 June 2002, 08:08 PM
I believe the planet you are talking about is Korriban and the name of the crystals you are talking about are Kaiburr Crystals.

But I don't know that the planet of origin of the crystals has anything to do with the color of the blade. Kaiburr crystals aren't the only kind of crystals possible. Jaina Solo even synthesized her own crystals with a furnace!

What do you all think?

Tramp
12 June 2002, 04:02 PM
There's only one Kaiburr Crystal and its origin was the Planet Mimbann. It's from the book Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

Jaggard
12 June 2002, 04:10 PM
How about a mood saber. One that changes color based on the mood of it's weilder.
That could be dramatic during a scene where a character goes to the dark side.

I also wonder about light saber colors to the races that see colors out of the visible spectrum. Palpatines aide and the Kaminoans see only in the ultraviolet (at least thats what I thought the viz dic said.) how would they appear to them. or wouldn't they see them. (scientifically since they do seem to shed some white light which is a blend of all the colors, then it must shed some UV but that's not nessescarraly the case in the star wars Universe.)

Rouge8
12 June 2002, 04:31 PM
Silver like Lord Hetrir (Crystal Star).

Nova Spice
12 June 2002, 07:37 PM
Personally I prefer either blue or yellow.....orange is next in line. I guess I like blue so much because it was the first lightsaber color we ever saw when Obi-Wan handed Luke Anakin's lightsaber in A New Hope. I also like yellow because one of my favorite Jedi Knights in the NJO is Ganner Rhysode who happens to sport a yellow blade.
Here's a question, one of my PCs wants a "black" lightsaber when he creates his Jedi for our campaign. If a Jedi has a "black" lightsaber, could it really be called a lightsaber since it would be dark........a paradox to be sure. :? :raised:

Kobayashi_Maru
13 June 2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Nova Spice
Here's a question, one of my PCs wants a "black" lightsaber when he creates his Jedi for our campaign. If a Jedi has a "black" lightsaber, could it really be called a lightsaber since it would be dark........a paradox to be sure. :? :raised:

Isn't black the absence of light??

Then again someone on this Holonet has a infrared lightsaber!!!!!

Darklighter
9 July 2002, 10:43 AM
For me, the lightsabre - its style and colour - says something about the Jedi that wields it. This might be something about their personality, or perhaps their orientation or connection in the Force, or their attitude towards, or philosophy about the Force. So the colours should run nearly the full gammit.

I would put limits though. I don't think the black lightsabre would work.

A neat colour that pops up in 'I,Jedi' is silver. I liked that. :)

Trigger
16 July 2002, 12:03 PM
All these arguements on lightsaber color...........look, the color comes from the crystal used. the search for a crystal is a part of the jedi's test to build his/her lightsaber. Maul used a furnace much like Jaina. Jacen Used a Corusca gem he got from the GemDiver station, etc.. And technically, the first lightsaber we see is Anakin's old saber given to luke and it has a white blade. back in the days of the old republic, im certain that the jedi were given crystals and perhaps the only colors they allowed were blue and green, but we'll never know until its written or implied in a movie, now will we? sorry for the rant, but i just had to put my two cents in.

reliant
16 July 2002, 12:57 PM
I'm just about sure there were a couple of yellow sabers mixed in the arena fight scene.

As far as gaming terms I think the color reflects something about the Jedi who made the weapon. Yeah its caused by the crystal, but the crystal choice is an important part of the saber, and the whole thing is bound to the creator of the thing, so it has to have some reflection on the builder somewhere in there...

Jovas Kig
21 July 2002, 03:31 PM
My bro wants to create one that acts like a dark-light lamp. You do not see the blade directly but there is a dark purple luminescence that surrounds the blade.

There are some kind of lamps IRL that use "Dark Light" I think they are sort of ultra-violet lamps and sport black or dark purple bulbs. They provide a good atmosphere for a game where players are encountering Dark siders. Hee Hee Hee (In maniacal tone).

It makes for a creepy image of a character holding this kind of "dark-saber" in a pitch-black room.

There is a running gag among my players.

All dark siders (at least according to the movies) have red lightsabers.
If a character goes Dark Side, she must create a new saber and make the blade red.

--What was <i>cut</i> from Phantom Menace--

Darth Maul and Qui-gon are fighting intently when Qui-gon slices off Darth Maul's arm at the shoulder.

"Argh!" Darth Maul.

"Aw," Qui-gon clicked his tounge. He steps back and looks a little sheepish. "Sorry about tha..."

"Urrgh," Darth Maul grunts and another arm, covered with slimy goo, pops out of his shoulder stump. (For DBZ fans this is an obvious parody)

"Amazing!" Qui-Gon.

"The Dark Side <i>has</i> it's advantages." Darth Maul readies his lightsaber.

"Say...you think they are taking applications?" Qui-Gon's green blade begins to flicker breifly red.

"No!" Obi -Wan shouts through the forcefield, startling the Jedi and Sith.

The fight resumes.

Rouge8
21 July 2002, 05:38 PM
GOod one Jovas.

Seghast
30 July 2002, 08:53 PM
I'm one that holds to the theory that the lightsaber's color reflects the character's personality. While I am well aware that the color of the gem used affects the color of the blade, the fact remains that the Jedi chooses which gem to use. This color choice will say alot about his personality. I think that's why we don't see many Sith with light colored sabers. I also think that during the time of the Old Republic, the Jedi Council more than likely set the choices for all Jedi to keep a sense of unity in the order. Mace, being a senior member of the council, of course, can go above and beyond the rules they set forth for the other Jedi, which is why he has a purple blade. It's his expression of individuality.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my asinine opinion.

hisham
31 July 2002, 08:00 PM
One of my PCs, Ben One-Howel had a pink lightsaber which he named "Matilda", way back in 1989.

True story, I stang you not.

Darth_Lovecraft
14 August 2002, 07:15 PM
I was about to comment that no one ever had to see a pink lightsaber, but hisham, you beat me to it.

It must have been a dark day in the galaxy indeed.

Anyway, colour is just another way to personalize a saber. No two need ever be the same, what with all the different things about it you can change, like blade length, the noise it makes (my personal favourite variable), the size and shape of the handle, hilt and pommel, and you can even make it variable in length!

Dooku's saber has struck me as the most interesting so far in the series, just listen to it as he ignites it for the first time fighting Obi-Wan, you hear Ben's saber humming, and then the angry, vicious buzz as Dooku takes a dueling pose.

I wonder if some GM has had someone try to make a lightsaber that sounded like a chainsaw...?

Krad-edis
15 August 2002, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Darth_Lovecraft
Dooku's saber has struck me as the most interesting so far in the series, just listen to it as he ignites it for the first time fighting Obi-Wan, you hear Ben's saber humming, and then the angry, vicious buzz as Dooku takes a dueling pose.

I think you are absolutely right. In TPM, when Obi-wan was hanging on for his life and Maul was above him swinging his blade around to make sparks, if you listen to the saber noise after he stops swinging it back and forth, it sounds almost like a swarm of bees. Kind of an intimidating and angry auditory presence when compared to the peaceful hum of the Jedi lightsabers. I found Dooku's saber to be just as intimidating, if not sounding even more so. It seemed to have a more focused hiss.

ShmobyKnight89
20 August 2002, 09:58 AM
Exar Kun has a blue saber (double-sided, he beat maul to it) and Leia gets a red one, right. I think whatever crystal the Jedi/Sith uses, determines the blade. Anyone else agree?

reliant
20 August 2002, 10:03 AM
Exar Kun has a blue saber (double-sided, he beat maul to it) and Leia gets a red one, right. I think whatever crystal the Jedi/Sith uses, determines the blade. Anyone else agree?

In the EU it's mentioned lots of times that the crystal determines the color.

The Power of the Jedi Sourcebook also talks about lightsaber colors.

Nova Spice
20 August 2002, 06:12 PM
I tend to think that the color does symbolize a personality. But I think this applies more for the New Jedi Order than the Knights of the Old Republic. It seems to me, that with so many different colored blades in the NJO and with no prior knowledge of how the old Order did things, Luke really doesn't have a policy on the color of a blade like the Jedi Council may have.

Anyway, thats just my deux credits.

And by the way, it looks like my PC wants an orange blade rather than a ridiculous black one. That's a blessing in more than one way. He tends to be a little too Matrix/Max Payne-style sometimes. :D

Wedge in Red2
22 August 2002, 09:20 PM
For what it's worth, I beleive Plo-Koon, the Kel-Dor Jedi Master had a yellow lightsaber. At least he did in Jedi Power Battles.

And didn't Leia (in the EU books) have a pink lightsaber? It's been a while since I've read the books...

Personally I like purple. I remember "back in the day" that I had a character under the WEG system that had a purple lightsaber.

From a physics point of view, Blue/Green/Red represent the 3 basic colours of light (this is stretching my memory back to school, so forgive me if I'm wrong). All other colours are apparently a combination of those three. I don't know how this factors into lightsaber colours, but perhaps it's easier to create one that's only "basic" in colour. Mace and Plo-Koon might have different coloured ones because, as Jedi Masters, they are capable of more difficult construction. As for EU colourings, don't ask me how they fit into this theory.

I don't know. It's all speculation. I like having lots of different colours, I think the colour tells you something about the personality of the character. :)

Jon

Marusame
23 August 2002, 12:25 PM
yeah, the powers of the jedi sourcebook says that crystals for a lightsaber must be imbued with the force. pre-imbued crystals were at this one mine, but then the sith took it over. jedi were forced to use this other set of crystals all of which produced blue or green blades.

In the time of Master Skywalker, the process of imbueing crystals has been re-discovered by Luke and so any type may be used.

BTW: my favorite is purple or a dark blue.

Tramp
23 August 2002, 12:59 PM
Leia's lightsaber has a scarlet red blade. Also, the many of the crystals that were used prior to the Rise of the Empire era were from Ruusan and the mines that they came from were destroyed when the Thought Bomb detonated in the Battle of Ruusan. I believe other places you might be able to find Adegan Crystals would be the Planet Ossus (in the Adegan System) which was home to the original Jedi Training Center, or possibly one of the other worlds in that system.

Marusame
24 August 2002, 11:51 PM
thanks tramp.

*Note: that may actually be the first time I've said that and not been hit*

Arcome
10 November 2002, 04:05 PM
The only colors of lightsabers back then was actually blue.
Then green was made by a very powerful jedi.
Purple was the next color because Jackson wanted it. That is the only reason. I've read all the books and comics for Tales of the Jedi and there was only blue and green.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arcome-Lost...but on a mission.

Corr Terek
10 November 2002, 07:00 PM
There is definitely at least one yellow saber in AOTC

Codym
12 November 2002, 04:39 PM
After going through the digital clarity that is the Clones DVD, I can safely say that other than Sam Jackson's purple blade, green and blue are the only blade colours that the Jedi have. There are no yellow ones as previously reported, though some washout effects - especially against the orange background - can make them seem yellow (this is just an optical illusion.)

The only order to the colouration, and this does not always hold up, is that Master's seem to have green blades, while padawans and Knights have blue.

As for the different colours that showed up in the games, toys and comics, this can only be explained by wanting to add some variety to the colour schemes.

Ardent
13 November 2002, 12:57 PM
Careful inspection of the PotJ sourcebook reveals only red, blue and green lightsaber blades on display, excluding Sam's purple blade.

However, there is no real clear pattern on Masters, Knights and Padawans and blade color. I'd guess it's just an issue of the kind of gem used in the lightsaber.

My Jedi has a green blade passed down through the family and a silver blade he constructed himself. However, when you think about it, blue blades look silver in a lot of instances.

fritzer
4 December 2002, 07:40 AM
i like purple, purple is the greatest colour ever. purple rules!!!!!!!1

Jim Williams
4 December 2002, 08:54 AM
In my campaign which is 2 years after Endor, we are saying that the OR Jedi were simply mandated to have green or blue lightsabers to institute some kind of bureuacratic (not saying logical) order for uniformity or whatever. (I mean, we have to go with what Lucas said, he doesn't say WHY only blue and green). My group doesn't really like the note in PotJ about crystal availability after Ruusan.

It remains to be seen what Luke will do in our campaign; I'm sure he's inclined to allow a great deal of EU-like freedom of choice regarding color. My stick-in-the-mud OR Jedi will probably strive for keeping the blue and green only, but he won't get too worked up over it.

Paul Klein
4 December 2002, 11:08 AM
Quick breakdown:

Phantom Menace:

Master - Green
Padawan - Blue

Attack of the Clones:

Master Obi-Wan - Blue
Master Yoda - Green
Master Windu - Purple
Padawan Anakin - Blue

NOTE: Obi-Wan's personal saber is blue, as is Anakin's. After they lose both their sabers on Geonosis, random Jedi gives them replacements. Anakin gets thrown a Green, and Obi-Wan another Blue.

A New Hope:

Master Obi-Wan - Blue
Padawan Luke - Blue

NOTE: Obi-Wan's saber in ANH is probably a personal saber, as he has had time to make a new one, or he retrieved his old one somehow. Luke's blue saber was once Anakin's (whether or not it was the one Anakin used up until he loses it in AotC, I don't think so, as it is chopped in half in the droid factory. It was probably one that Anakin made afterwards.
ALSO: None of those sabers were white, as some think. They are meant to be blue, but the special effects were so poor in 1976 that they mostly looked white with perhaps a slight blue trim.

Empire Strikes Back

Padawan Luke - Same Blue saber

Return of the Jedi:

Master Luke - Green

So, there really does not seem to be any correlation between color and status as a Jedi. In addition, there were no yellow sabers in AotC. The green sabers against the orange backdrop sometimes looked yellow-ish, but were, in fact, green.

EDIT: However, if a correlation did exist, it would probably be Master = Green, Knight = Blue based on the info we have. But the Jedi just keep losing their sabers so damn much thats its hard to say.

Poof's Padawan
12 December 2002, 04:19 PM
To answer the question about why blue and green are around so much here is the official answer from my SWRPG Jedi book:
The Jedi at first had many colors but they harvested them from a mine. The Sith then detonated a "Thought Bomb" and destroyed the mine. Now the only colors they can get from the mine they use now are blue and green.

Krad-edis
13 December 2002, 12:07 PM
I would have to say that lightsabers colors are of personal preference, and that alone. While the Jedi may be limited to blue and green in the movies, I don't see them being assigned colors by class. I believe that Jedi Master Plo Koon has a blue lightsaber blade, Jedi Master Ki Al Mundi also has a blue lightsaber blade, along with Mace Windu having a violet lightsaber blade. Three Jedi Masters with blades other than green.

I think the biggest example of personal preference is in the training room with the younglings. I saw both blue and green blades in there. Am I to suppose that those green blade wielding youngsters are Jedi Masters? Probably not.

I don't mean to be overly critical of Paul Klein's analysis of the Jedi Master=green, Padawan and Knight = blue, but it really doesn't figure out to always be the case.

Empire Strikes Back

Padawan Luke - Same Blue saber

Return of the Jedi:

Master Luke - Green

To finish off, and not to anger anyone with these comments, especially Paul Klein, Luke is by no means a Jedi Master by the end of Return of the Jedi. His bout with Palpatine showed how much more he still had to learn. A much more wisened Luke who starts the Jedi Academy, a Jedi Master, yes, but Luke at the end of ROTJ, in my opinion, is a beginning Knight, a powerful one, but one who was still naive enough to think that after Vader was bested, that the fight was over. He had to rely on his father, a Jedi Master, to save him from the Sith for being so naive and bold.

I just don't see a correlation between green and it being a designated color for lightsabers of Masters, nor would I ever consider the notion that Luke was a Jedi Master at the end of ROTJ. The levels for Luke in D20 do not add up, nor had he ever trained anyone. He was a Jedi Knight at best. In D6 his stats clearly state him as a Jedi Knight at the end of ROTJ. This is my opinion, and I think I have backed it up pretty well. I don't mean to really step on Paul's analysis to the point of getting anyone mad, nor do I want to throw this thread off any further than I have already, so I will stop now.

Paul Klein
16 December 2002, 10:24 PM
Krad-edis I completely understand what you're saying. In fact, if you read my post again, I agree with you 100% :)

I basically stated that I don't think a correlation exists either. What I said at the end was if one did exist, it would probably be green for masters (or more experienced Jedi, and blue for less experienced ones.

But I'll be the first to say that I also think color is either a completely personal choice, or perhaps completely random. I do not subscribe to the "color relating to prestige" school of thought.

Perhaps I wasn’t clear enough in my post :)

Krad-edis
16 December 2002, 11:02 PM
Yes, much clearer now. I am sorry if I sounded like an A-Hole about the whole deal. Especially when I put, Ki Al Mundi, instead of Ki Adi Mundi. How is that for unclear? I mispelled the name of a Jedi Master. :D

Lucas Carr
2 April 2003, 04:02 PM
The good thing about RPG is that it is I, as the GM, that makes the rules. The Power of the jedi Sourcebook says that in RotE era Jedi only have access to blue and green blades. But as a GM I can disregard that if I want to. House Rules rule!

Brishti Kildruun
10 April 2003, 04:01 AM
Personally my favorite is teal. *randomly ignites hers to show off it's glowing teal aura* Isn't it pretty?:D

Tossk
10 April 2003, 02:37 PM
To chime in here, Orange is the best saber color!!!!

maybe it's the pyro in me....:hansolo:

hisham
10 April 2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Tossk
To chime in here, Orange is the best saber color!!!!

maybe it's the pyro in me....

Yo Tossk,

Orange sabers rocks! Check out Korbain Thor's at Broken Allegiance (http://theforce.net/theater/shortfilms/brokenallegiance/) , a fantastic fan film.

Tossk
10 April 2003, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, Hisham!;)

Trandoshan Jedi
16 April 2003, 08:20 AM
I like Silver Blades!

Dalla Madine
5 May 2003, 01:06 PM
I agree w/some of the others. I think that the color should suit the jedi. (I have a few jedi characters, aren't you proud?) I personally like orange or teal. Bright colors look good when chopping somebody in half. Pale colors like yellow make the blade hard to see and it looks like the person just came apart at the middle. Besides Orange and Teal are pretty! Ooooooooo.....pretty colors!

-Dalla Madine- :daala:

scoutjaylor
5 May 2003, 06:47 PM
Me i love purple as a blade but i would more likely use a burgandy blade if i was playing a jedi in the NJO and i would have blue in eras before the NJO

Corwin
22 May 2003, 01:42 AM
Lightsaber colors have fascinated me to no ends since I started playing the Star Wars RPG six years ago (just around the time the Special Edition was released). My interest in this subject was only increased when I read the Young Jedi Knight series.

I think the absolute best lightsaber of all time was one used by a player of mine. He had a shimmering saber, with a multi-color effect so it would shimmer different colors. He achieved this by using special crystals which would change different colors when energy was applied to them. As time went by it became established that there was a link between the blade’s coloration and the PC’s emotional state. This got very interesting when he started turning to the dark side and became more volatile.

We had been working our way through the above mentioned Young Jedi books (he’d buy one, read it and bump it along to me) so the details about lightsaber crystals and all that was fresh in our minds.

To sum up my opinions on the discussion, me feeling has been that blue and green were the most common colors because the gems they used were the most available. But there was nothing to stop Mace, or anyone else for that matter, from using another type of gem if they had one. This view seems to be consistent with EU material as well as PotJ and is what I go by in my game.

Also, who ever mentioned wanting to do a blacklight saber might be interested to know that I saw a picture of just that on the Force.net fan art page. It was very cool looking and I may just bring such a saber in to my game :)

ShinDangaioh
8 June 2003, 06:06 PM
The original lightsaber toy was yellow and the 1st Luke Skywalker action figure had a yellow lightsaber.

The movies have only red, green, blue, and purpule

http://www.parksabers.com/ has a display of what other lightsaber colors might look like.

I lean to the color of the sun: yellow. The color of hope and dreams.

TDZKRAWKS
9 June 2003, 01:20 PM
Lord Duguael, is right.

Snowtiger
10 June 2003, 08:05 AM
I prefer white, because it depicts the essence of purity, I think that only Jedi Weaponmasters should have the option of white lightsaber blades, because they might have a better chance of creating a hilt that goes witn the depiction...

Snowtiger
10 June 2003, 08:10 AM
I prefer white, because it depicts the essence of purity, I think that only Jedi Weaponmasters should have the option of white lightsaber blades, because they might have a better chance of creating a hilt that goes witn the depiction...