PDA

View Full Version : EU Jedi of unusual races

Jaggard
7 June 2002, 02:21 PM
Sorry that's the best title I could come up with. I was flipping throught the book Planet of twilight ( I think thats the title) in the library today and was reminded of a part I would like to read again. But I couldn't find it. Maybe I skipped it or maybe it was else where. All I remember is something about a battle or confrontation where there was a group of light saber weilding force adepts (Jedi related or not) that included the hutt from the book and maybe even a Jawa but I'm not sure. If anyone can tell me the chapter of the book that has refreance to this i'd be greatful but if not how about any refrences to what I'm really intrested in, any referance to unusual Jedi. Like Hutts ( if that then why not) toydarians, Jawa, Tuskens (Ashared Hett aside), Whipid, Gormorean (orcs, I don't think I've ever spelled it right), Dug, Transdoshan (maybe with a wookee apprentice), Gand, A Mandalorian Jedi would be cool, Besalisk (Dexter Jetster), Kominoins (cloners), Verpine, Squib, Jedi versions of the races in the max rebo band (including the additions in the special edition), or others not here.
(pictures would be sweet but not neccesary)

Dan Kyrinov
9 June 2002, 07:56 PM
I can't help with all of your races, and really, I have no pictures or actual characters to offer, but a friend and I were shooting around some unusual Jedi ideas a few months back. Planet of Twilight, the third book in the 'Calista Trilogy' features Beldorian, a Hutt force-user. Now, this flies in the face of almost every source (Hutts are Force-blind! screams every sourcebook and novel) but also, since all living things are tied in, there exceptions. That may be what's got you thinking of Planet of Twilight. Toydarians have similar issues, resistance to Force powers. It seems reasonable this would get in their way. Jawas, Whipids, and Gamorreans... hmmm. In my humorous 'Revenge of the Small Guys' adventures, a Jawa Jedi would be excellent. But to my knowledge none of those races have had EU Jedi. Besaliskan and Kaminoan races are too recent for the EU to captialize on them yet. Squib... may it never be. Gand have findsmen. Now, I'm not sure if there are any Bith in the Max Rebo band, but Ulaha Kore (Star by Star, Troy Denning) is a Bith Jedi. For all the other races, no real EU focus yet. Hopefully, more fun Jedi will be coming as the book and comic industries progress.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
10 June 2002, 03:02 PM
The RCRB said that Kaminoians have no Force abilities due to their genetic manipulation of their species (this means nothing to anyone who remembers Dorsk 81 though).

Dan - the Callista Trilogy remark - that's how I've been describing Children of the Jedi, Darksaber, and Planet of Twilght for years! Creepy.

FallenAngel
10 June 2002, 04:01 PM
Ah... the Callista Tirlogy(yes, i called it that as well)... that brings back memories. Im not sure where the reference is that you're... er, referencing, but Leia does battle the Hutt in chapter 21.

Sogoth
11 June 2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by FrobiWanKenobi
(this means nothing to anyone who remembers Dorsk 81 though).

or Dorsk82 in the NJO books (I forget which one...)

the AA book mentions that Squib have been known to be force sensetive before the rise of the empire, but as yet none have appeared in any books to my knowledge.

Also the mini book NJO:Recovery features some Barabel jedi.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
11 June 2002, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by Sogoth
Also the mini book NJO:Recovery features some Barabel jedi.

In SbS three Barabel accompany Anakin's Strike Team to Mrykr. And I think that the leader of the Wild Knights (their teacher) is mentioned a couple of times in Rebel Dream and also, I think, in Dark Journey.

Jaggard
11 June 2002, 09:22 PM
actually I thought the RCRB said that Kaminoan force sensatives were rare not impossible.

So nobody remembers any passage about Beldorians training or being around during a conflict with other jedi. I swear I saw something somewhere about a major conflict of force sensatives in the distant past with Bel involved, plus at least one other unusual jedi.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
11 June 2002, 10:47 PM
Sorry the RCRB says "all but unheard of."

I take this to mean that their are probably the same number of Kamino Jedi as their are Hutt Jedi.

But that's in my games.

VixenofVenus
11 June 2002, 11:03 PM
Course ... if the Kaminoans are genetically manipulated anyway ... why can't they be manipulated enough to HAVE force abilities. :)

As far as I'm concerned, all EU races could become Jedi or Force users ... except maybe the Vong. But thats only because I think a Vong Jedi would be too scary for even me!!!

wolverine
12 June 2002, 03:08 AM
Maybe the kamonians are a distant/related race to that which spurned DOrsk 81 and 82???

Rouge8
12 June 2002, 04:17 PM
What is Dorsk 81 by the way?
Yes you guys got the ones I thought of except Mika the Hutt (Tempest Fued Superadventure, Force Adept 12 (D20).)

Dark72Jedi
13 June 2002, 11:54 AM
What is Dorsk 81 by the way?

A Khommite I believe is what they are called. A society much like the Kaminoans located on the Deep Core world of Khomm.

Moff Neomen
24 June 2002, 08:14 AM
While I haven't seen any EU references to them, a Squib jedi would be great. Puts a whole new spin on "self-made lightsabres" :D.

Other cool ones might be Weequay or Ortolans.

Master_thorin
24 June 2002, 10:02 AM
Khommites are approximately 6 billion genetic templates labeled with names that is the reason for the numbers and then I would love to see a strike force of Ewok Jedi

Rouge8
24 June 2002, 11:07 AM
A Squib Jedi is mentioned in the AA (actually just a legend) but I had one in a campaign.

grizzly
7 July 2002, 03:18 AM
I was playing with the random cantina generator on the Wizards site a while back, just seeing what it would come up with. After a while I started copy and pasting the random generations into a blank Word doc to save. It's a pity I didn't save them all from the start, because everyone I tell has a hard time believing me the cantina generator came up with a Gamorrean Jedi as the barkeep!!!