PDA

View Full Version : Yoda - A rant, a rave , and a poll

Rick Vogt
11 June 2002, 03:43 PM
First things first. Yoda was like a bit over 900 years old. I really have a hard time believing that Yoda was only 20th level or so. I mean I know that they have to control things a bit.....but Yodas character will never be a playable one.....so why the REALLY LOW class level?

I think that he would be somewhere near the old immortal levels in the old D&D. Relative to SW of course.

It only bugs me because they are really making it hard to believe that these things are thought of before hand. I mean seriously........are we supposed to believe that Yoda isn't highe than 20th level??/ when OUR characters are well on the way to 20 after 15 or 20 campaigns? That span say......5 or 10 years of their life?

Well......anyway......share your view on this with me.

Superdog
11 June 2002, 04:30 PM
Yes, what you say is true. However, because at the time of the printing they had not printed rules for higher than 20th level charectors, it would have made them look stupid if they would have broken their own rules and castYoda as a 100th level or something.

Jedi_Staailis
11 June 2002, 05:08 PM
There was a rather lengthy thread on the topic of characters going beyond 20th level. JD Wiker posted a couple of times, so it's definitely worth the read.

http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?threadid=7641

Rouge8
11 June 2002, 06:45 PM
Yoda is definitly about 23. By the way Yoda, Yaddle, and Pic (dark jedi from Dark Forces: Jedi Knight)

VixenofVenus
11 June 2002, 10:35 PM
?

Rouge8 ... are you really sure Pic was of Yoda's race? If so, where did you get that info? I've never heard that before.

And on a side question - Why Rouge8? At first glance I thought your name was Rogue8 ... but then I realized it is ROUGE ... of course, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to ... but it peaked my interest is all.

Rick Vogt
12 June 2002, 01:42 AM
Thanks to those who have shared their views on this....I would like to reply to a couple of things though.

Superdog - You have a very valid point, but in the end it still comes down to the fact that things weren't thought through beforehand. Also, the fact that Yodas' race is probably NEVER going to be a playable one on top means to me that he should have the correct stats to beguin with. I want to clarify something also I in no way meant like 100th level, which I thought I made clear by the statement...but alas I messed up.

Jedi - Thanks for the link....Ilike JD, he's helped me a few times over on the WotC board. I may not always agree with him....but I do respect his opinion, and what he says.

Rouge8 - I was thinking more along the lines of 25-30. Granted leveling xp would probably get at LEAST doubled, I still think in 900 years one such as Yoda could gain a few more levels than 23..... that is pushing things a bit though....but considering his power in the force I believe it is more than possible.

Thanks to you all, and I would like to hear from the others out there.

One side note......I have always had a habbit of rating the people who post on a subject I start....so if you didn't recieve a rating from me then your rating was already above what I would give. B)

dgswensen
13 June 2002, 02:22 PM
I don't know, I ran a high-powered game with a group of 13th level Jedi recently, and as a whole they were nearly unstoppable, except maybe against other Jedi or small armies. I think 20th level is plenty for Yoda, frankly.

Krad-edis
13 June 2002, 02:49 PM
Nearly 16 months ago, I posted a very similar question:

Only 20 Levels? (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2274&highlight=levels)

I agree with you Rick Vogt, and FULONGAMER put some interesting comments in my thread that may be beneficial to you, even though it was so long ago.