PDA

View Full Version : Kyke Katarn in NJO?

Forge1021
12 June 2002, 12:47 PM
Quick question. Is it correct that Kyle Katarn makes an appearance in a recent NJO book? If so, which one is it? I have read up to Star by Star, so is it in the new ones?

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
12 June 2002, 01:29 PM
I have read through Rebel Stand and unless I completely missed him, which I don't think is the case, he is not in any.

Where did you hear this anyway?

Nemo Sage
12 June 2002, 03:18 PM
Hey,

It mensions in the new essential guide to characters that Kyle Katarn is involved in the war. I belive the comment is something like " Kyle is afraid that the Vong might succeed where Jerec failed." Or something like that. I have the book at home, so I can't say for sure. I hope that helps

~nemo

Rouge8
12 June 2002, 03:41 PM
It says he is teaaching new students to fight (combat instructor)

Nova Spice
13 June 2002, 09:14 AM
After playing Jedi Knight II: Outcast, all I can say is "watch out" if Kyle is around! I believe we may see Kyle make an appearance along with some other MIA characters like Boba Fett, Lumiya, Hobbie, and the like. We still have 7 more confirmed books and that's a lot of paper left to add these guys in. I hope we see Katarn and I hope he slices and dices the Vong down! Kyle is a cool character, although he doesn't touch Corran and Ganner, but he's still cool and would add another lightsaber-wielding Jedi to the Vong's Most Wanted List! ;)

EmprorsHand03
13 June 2002, 09:18 PM
I believe that Kyle Katarn is mentioned at being at one of the meetings of Jedi Knights on Coruscant, its in one of the duology sets (not Enemy Lines).

I agree Nova it would be nice to see people that were involved in the games involved in the novels. However, I've never seen it done before, so I doubt it:( . But its possible:) .

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
14 June 2002, 07:00 AM
Though as much as I'd love to see Kyle Katarn in the NJO books, I'd hate to see him ending up as "just another casualty" by the vong... given the body count rate the books go by...

Though I can imagine Kyle being one of the last handful of standing jedi after the war is done... touching it off with a classic comment of his with Jan Ors standing beside him (so as i write this, the song bittersweet symphony runs through my head :D )

FlipDog 2000
14 June 2002, 09:21 AM
Ahhh...it has come to my attention that Kyle katarn is just another weak-sauce Jedi who never reached his full potential.

Dan Kyrinov
14 June 2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by EmprorsHand03
I believe that Kyle Katarn is mentioned at being at one of the meetings of Jedi Knights on Coruscant, its in one of the duology sets (not Enemy Lines).

I agree Nova it would be nice to see people that were involved in the games involved in the novels. However, I've never seen it done before, so I doubt it:( . But its possible:) .

EmprorsHand03, could you maybe research that if you have the books? We'd like to know, right down to the page number. Nobody I've talked to can remember that, but we'd like some kind of evidence Kyle is at least available for an appearance in NJO.

Grim Fantango
16 June 2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by FlipDog 2000
Ahhh...it has come to my attention that Kyle katarn is just another weak-sauce Jedi who never reached his full potential.

Play Jedi Outkast, then say that, if you do, then....umm....kiss my wookie!

Rouge8
17 June 2002, 05:54 PM
I agree with Grim. I was plying andhad god mode on (thank god) and attacked Luke we had a big fight He cartwheeled everyithing. I won. True story

Jedi_Staailis
17 June 2002, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Rouge8
I won.
Well, if you had god mode on, it seems like a forgone conclusion. :D Turn the game on Jedi Master, then spawn Luke and try fighting him. ;)

Probably true. He spends so much time oscillating between the light side, dark side, and mercenary, he probably can't make up his mind about anything. Even so, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kyle back in the thick of things in NJO (although this will probably never be mentioned in the novels). However, he is probably getting up there in age.

EmprorsHand03
17 June 2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Dan Kyrinov

EmprorsHand03, could you maybe research that if you have the books? We'd like to know, right down to the page number. Nobody I've talked to can remember that, but we'd like some kind of evidence Kyle is at least available for an appearance in NJO.

Well, Dan Kyrinov, after endless turning over page over page for the past two days I have found.......absolutely nothing:( . I was so sure that I saw the mention of Kyle Katarn somewhere, I guess that I hallucinated it, or saw it in a dream. I did say that I think I saw it somewhere, no certainties. Perhaps, in the future he will just get a mention in the books as being at one of the meetings, who knows, it could happen.:D

wolverine
18 June 2002, 03:43 AM
I actually doubt it vrey much. WE have never had a novel reference to either him or his female side kick in ANY of the main books (to my knowledge)......

Grim Fantango
18 June 2002, 02:15 PM
I agree, very doubtful...

Rouge8
18 June 2002, 05:52 PM
Same here but there is hope. And by the way I used conrtol mode and controlled Luke this morning

Aaron B'Aviv
23 June 2002, 05:55 PM
There's a reference to Kyle Katarn being in the NJO in Star Wars Gamer 10. I've read the whole series except for the ebook and the second half of Rebel Stand, and haven't seen Katarn, so I don't know what gives. I think in all likelihood it's a mistake on the part of Gamer.

Rouge8
23 June 2002, 06:02 PM
They said he's in Power of the Jedi and he is probably in nTraitor or something.

Nova Spice
23 June 2002, 06:10 PM
They said he's in Power of the Jedi and he is probably in nTraitor or something.

I seriously doubt he's in Traitor. That wouldn't make much sense considering the novel is supposed to be on a certain Jedi that happened to be captured behind enemy lines who also happens to have a twin who happens to be a fighter pilot. Okay, that little rendition was just in case people don't know what has happened thus far. But at any rate, that would make little storytelling sense to just throw Kyle Katarn in the middle of the sibling scenario, so I bet he probably isn't in Traitor. He might be cross-referenced in one of the upcoming books after Traitor though. ;)

Moff Neomen
24 June 2002, 07:38 AM
Kyle Katarn being in Power of the Jedi would be the bizomb. I love him. Just played through Jedi Outcast...oh man, Kyle would rock versus the Vong.

Is anybody else hearing the phrase, "Jedi Knight III: The Yuuzhan Vong?"

:D :D :D

Rouge8
24 June 2002, 11:07 AM
Oh. I didn't really know what Traitor was about.

Tem_Starrunner
25 June 2002, 12:53 PM
Kyle Katarun making a NJO appearance would be cool. But it probably won't happen. He may appear in a Wizard's sourcebook about the era but I doubt Kyle or Jan will make an appearance in a Novel.

Originally posted by Moff Neomen
Is anybody else hearing the phrase, "Jedi Knight III: The Yuuzhan Vong?"

Neoman I very much doubt the next game will be called that. Going with LucasArts naming process they have been using it'll most likely be callled Jedi Outcast II followed by what ever the next main title will be. The Vong would be a great new enemy for Kyle.